Play Zelda BOTW with All DLC for FREE without CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by raphamotta, May 3, 2017.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you can fix it by deleting your ticket and your data.

1. if the issue is the DLC data, go to data management, and delete the DLCs (you can keep the game, updates, and savegame). note: maybe that step is not necessary because the issue can be the ticket only, but it's cleaner to get DLC again to be sure your data is not really corrupted.

If you don't know your ticket file, follow step2+3, otherwise go to step4
    2. use tik2SD, and choose "console" if you have the game installed on the console (disc, if you play from game disc)
    3. look in the .txt to find your ticket file matching your DLCs (you should already know your path and filename if you followed this tutorial)

4. use ftpiiu_everywhere to access the DLC's ticket path, and 1) backup the ticket to computer (if you didn't keep it from tik2sd), 2) delete the ticket from the console (only that one ! not the other files)

Now you should be able to get the language pack again from eshop
    if you purchased the DLC officially from eShop, then eShop will auto-regenerate a good ticket and you will be able to download the DLC officially.
    You need to delete a fake ticket before being able to get officially bought titles from eShop.
    if you didn't purchase it officially, you can reinstall it from WUP installer and follow the tutorial again.

Maybe the issue is not your ticket but really your DLC data (bad install, corrupted download), in that case you should verify your download, or your files on SD card:/install/ before installing it with WUP.

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 3, 2017

2. SgtP3pp3r

SgtP3pp3r Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    I'm using US BOTW installed with USB method (unofficial) and i followed the steps in the original post and it worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

3. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Ah thats the part I needed to know. Well maybe that can help anyone else who runs into the same issue. And yea, I know how to use a hex editor lol :P

4. ex3vd

ex3vd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    Thank you very very much! <3

5. stardaddler

stardaddler Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the tutorial, worked perfectly.

btw: You can save 822mb storage space when you install the first version of the dlc v16 (the season pass) without the language pack.

6. lasher666

lasher666 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Isla de la Muerte
    For some reason my ftp only shows the sd card. how to access internal storage though it?

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You need to use a custom firmware which can give access to the internal file system (Mocha, or CBHC)
    AND
    You need to use "ftpiiU_everywhere".

FTPiiU alone is not enough. it doesn't let you browse "everywhere" in your console.
    FTPiiU_everywhere exists in different version, the first one works only with Mocha, while the 2 latest version work with CBHC too.

of course, you also need to use the correct Mocha or CBHC version. If you still have old ones without support of that feature, ftpiiU_everywhere will not display the other paths.

to resume : UPDATE your tools.

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 11, 2017
  8. SRKTiberious

SRKTiberious GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    Ugh... this is getting absolutely stupid. Homebrew App Store doesn't hardly ever want to download files to the SD card, Mocha ran once, and no way to get back to HBL afterwards, and I've spent a few hours trying to get this stuff actually working. Anyone got some clearer instructions?

Edit: I can get Mocha to run, but I can't seem to be able to get Homebrew Launcher to run via a website exploit a second time. It just crashes and makes me force-poweroff.

Last edited by SRKTiberious, Jul 12, 2017
  9. zactekken

zactekken Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2017
    Italy
    I did everything and IT WORKED DAMN BOI nice guide. (i got a little lost on the hex edit part)
    Btw, so if i did everything right i should get the next dlc too when it comes out right?

10. lasher666

lasher666 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Isla de la Muerte

I was using ftpiiu. it worked, thanks a lot

11. SRKTiberious

SRKTiberious GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    I finally, after about 6 hours of bashing my head against the wall, got it to run, and once everything went, it worked fine. I'm getting DLC items without any CFW running. I got nervous when I saw the installing notification after swapping the tickets, but I still got the EX quest notifications.

12. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    what happens if i uninstall my dlc and try to play the game?

13. arquillos

arquillos Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2012
    Thank you raphamotta!
    Everything is working fine!!!! Thank you very much.

Tried on a Euro USB installed BOTW.
    Now on the main screen it shows v1.3.0 DLC v2.0 and the additional content is available.

I made a mistake downloading the FTP app and downloaded FTPiiU
    instead of FTPiiU_Everywhere :)...so I did not could see the internal Wii U memory (only the SD content).

14. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Just a heads up, you can get the new DLC for free without doing te ticket modificatipn again if you had it setup already before.

I had the Treasure Chest DLC working, and once the DLC Pass 1 got out, I got into the game, the notice about entering eShop to get it popped up, got into eShop, exited eShop to go back to the game, then closed the game back to Home menu.

By now, the Download manager was downloading the newest DLC.
    Once it finished, I opened up BotW, and it began installing the new DLC
    Once in game, the new DLC prompt appeared. It worked without having to redo the ticket editing.

This might be the case for the Holiday DLC as well.

PS: I use HBL Haxchi, I don't use CBHC nor any CFW in my system.

suzsuzuki likes this.
  15. Woody8275

Woody8275 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2013
    has this trick been blocked on 5.5.2 as the update added something on AOC overlay

16. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Did they remove the language pack from the eshop? I cannot find it.

17. suzsuzuki

suzsuzuki GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2016
    Brazil
    it's not on eshop, just in the game menu, search there

18. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I cannot seem to find it. I do see the ability to change my language in the options menu w/e

19. suzsuzuki

suzsuzuki GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2016
    Brazil
    I
    f you can change the language so you already have the language pack installed :)

20. ikds

ikds Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2009