Hacking Play Super Smash earlier on European consoles?

Henning Haugen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi.

I was wondering, since US release of the game is tomorrow, is there anyway for us with EU consoles to play the game at the same time? The game is already available for download, so is there a way to make the system think the console is US?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I was wondering, since US release of the game is tomorrow, is there anyway for us with EU consoles to play the game at the same time? The game is already available for download, so is there a way to make the system think the console is US?

At this current point in time, it isnt possible. However, this will be possible once a cafeOS kernel exploit is released (or an ode comes out and someone figures out how to modify the region info on a wii u iso)

Unfortunately, if you want to play US imports right now now, your only option is to buy a second (US) console :(. Damn nintendo and their unhealthy obsession with region locks!

Reactions: Margen67

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I've heard of that. I doubt it, but I would love to be proven wrong. That was a great thing about the DS, no region locks. I wish they would keep doing that.

I think the Wii isn't locked between US and JP, I remember playing Taiko Drum Master on my US-Wii. That was a long time ago, though. It was either when it was modded like crazy or it wasn't. XD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think the Wii isn't locked between US and JP, I remember playing Taiko Drum Master on my US-Wii. That was a long time ago, though. It was either when it was modded like crazy or it wasn't. XD
I think it is. But the region lock between those regions is much easier to bypass with homebrew. Since the video format is the same, it works 100% with every game with just a simple region patch/hack. Except for the games that would shit brix if the language setting on the Wii isn't set to Japanese :P

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is. But the region lock between those regions is much easier to bypass with homebrew. Since the video format is the same, it works 100% with every game with just a simple region patch/hack. Except for the games that would shit brix if the language setting on the Wii isn't set to Japanese :P

That's true. lol Though, for Gamecube games, I noticed you need an HDTV that's capable of different frequency's (Mainly 50hz) for the game to work correctly. I had Ty 2 on my Wii back in the day, but it was the PAL version. On my CRT, it was black and white with the bottom half of the screen on top and vice versa. My brother's Vizio TV at the time worked just fine, even with composite cables.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's true. lol Though, for Gamecube games, I noticed you need an HDTV that's capable of different frequency's (Mainly 50hz) for the game to work correctly. I had Ty 2 on my Wii back in the day, but it was the PAL version. On my CRT, it was black and white with the bottom half of the screen on top and vice versa. My brother's Vizio TV at the time worked just fine, even with composite cables.
The video mode on GC games can be patched, it doesn't work very well though... NTSC games on PAL resulted in the aspect ratio being wrong with black bars, and the graphics were slightly glitchy. PAL on NTSC would result in the top and/or bottom being cut off most likely, or worse.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Unless you've got a Wii U NTSC-U then no.

Besides, it's only six more days to go (or less depending on the retailer who may dispatch it early to their customers).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't Nintendo planning on getting rid of Region Locks?
Jewish_Singles_Learning_to_Laugh.gif

Reactions: djbubba2002

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super misleading title. Surprised nobody has committed suicide yet reading the title thinking they could play the game early then come in here just to find out it was only a question.

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
I got my European copy today, was able to access everything but the online portion of the game - it states a patch being needed to connect, the patch doesn't appear to be released yet though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.