Platformers with co-op?

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Platformer is a good genre, but its kinda forgotten nowdays. Back in my day every second game was a platfromer, and now every second game is a shooter, but that's topic for another time.
I've tried to came up with some good co-op platformes and was able to remember only PS3's new Rayman games and Little Big Planet series along with the Pupeteer. Does anyone can recall any more? Every home console or PC titles will do (but no 8-16bit games, I know their liblalary just fine already;) ). Oh, and something not too hardcore (like battletoads) or with adjustable diffuculty, since I'm gonna play with a girl (I'm a chauvinist).
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the second topic. Something went wrong.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Rayman games are good and Kirby is generally fun (though insanely easy). I know a few people that enjoy the New Mario games, not interesting enough to get my money, though. The Trine series is great. Donkey Kong Country Returns is a personal favorite. These were just some off of the top of my head.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
of the tip of my head I can name:
Super Mario 3D World. Wii U.
Donkey Kong Country Return and Tropical Freeze. Wii U.
Rayman Origins and Legends. PC, Wii, PS3, X360, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, PS4 and Xbone.
New Super Mario Bros series(Wii onwards). Wii and Wii U.
Kirby Return to Dreamland and 20th anniversary. Wii.
Castlevania Harmony of Despair. PS3 and X360.
Little Big Planet series. PS3, PSP, Vita and PS4.
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One. PS3.
Trine series. PC, PS3, X360, Wii U and PS4.

there is also the mod of Super Mario 64 to play coop and there was one on the works for Super Mario Galaxy some time ago, don't know if it's finished or not.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
here's a kickstarter for a 2-player coop game, maybe you could pledge and ensure 2player platforming coop doesn't die? :P
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/taqutor/buck-and-miles-a-cross-platform-2d-platformer

I can't pledge myself because I don't have any $ yet. But definitely doing it at the end of the month when it get my salary.

Another 8bit wannabe platformer.. sigh. Indie devs should be aiming for higher because at some point people are not going to give a shit about it any more and it's already tiresome that they always use the same idea for their indie games.

Sakitoshi's covered you pretty much.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
WiiCube_2013 Obviously, you aren't the target audience, but Shovel Knight and Mighty No. 9 ensures that people who like 2d platformers do still exist and there's many of us who enjoy these kind of games.
This game is not the only game which is in development in the whole world by indie game developers. If you actually take your time and have a look around, there's plenty of unique and innovative games being developed by indie game developers which might appeal to you.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCube_2013Mighty No. 9 ensures that people who like 2d platformers do still exist and there's many of us who enjoy these kind of games.

pls.

At least Shovel Knight came out and got good reviews. MN9 is a scam to see how far they can push Kickstarter. When you need additional Kickstarter money to both add a voice track (something that should've been met with the stretch goals, which were all reached and plus some) and to develop it as a franchise (which you shouldn't fucking do when nothing is even made), then you know you've been dumping your shekels on a false god.

Anyway, there's NSMB Wii or U, Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze, Battleblock Theater, and everything else listed so far.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Castle crashers (very similar to battleblock theater, as far as I can tell)
Monaco: what's yours is mine (4 player co-op in isometric perspective)
Torchlight & diablo series. Okay, they're dungeon crawlers. But still sort of platformer-ish.
EDIT: okay, so apparently I classify things too quickly as a platformer. Sorry about that.

And since you're playing it with a girl: Kirby Epic yarn. It may be gender defining, but really...every girl I've played this game with wanted to keep playing. The fact that it's so easy it's ridiculous (you cannot die even if you wanted to) means it's an ideal "let's try this" if you're playing with someone who doesn't even know what "platforming" means.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Castle crashers (very similar to battleblock theater, as far as I can tell)
Monaco: what's yours is mine (4 player co-op in isometric perspective)
Torchlight & diablo series. Okay, they're dungeon crawlers. But still sort of platformer-ish.

Do you not understand what a platformer is? None of those are even remotely close to being one.

Reactions: TecXero

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Castle crashers certainly is one. The others are debatable, but I did mention their isometric perspective, so I'll leave that to others to decide.
Castle Crashers : Sidescrolling Beat'm Up.
Diablo 3 : Dungeon Crawler. Not even close to platformer. It's like me saying Call of Duty is a platformer because you can jump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?