Homebrew Planning to learn how to code for 3DS homebrew. What do I need to know, guys?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,185
  • Replies 72
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello, everyone!

I want to stop shitposting everywhere, and actually do something with my life for once.
Does anyone with past experience know where or how to start coding homebrew for 3DS?

Many thanks, guys! :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Well first of all what level are you at have you programmed on any other systems if so what languages can you program in?
I'm quite familiar with Wii homebrew coding (not too familiar, though). For the programming languages, I usually code in C#, but that's only for my Unity work.

mattycfp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite familiar with Wii homebrew coding (not too familiar, though). For the programming languages, I usually code in C#, but that's only for my Unity work.

Not a Homberew expert by any means; but AFAIK if you have that experiment that's fine for 3DS homebrew.

Edit: gotta love autocorrect

Last edited by mattycfp,
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok so you will have to learn one of the following c/lua/c++ if you want to program on the 3ds all 3 have numerous tutorials on the interweb
Oh, wait. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear the first time!

I do know how to code a bit of c/c++, so I should be good to go there. But what I'm trying to say is, is there a good 3ds homebrew tutorial somewhere, or do people tend to just look at source code from others?

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
--just a "bit" c++ on ARM arch...
--opengl es basics
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_Development_Environment

this demo showed some years ago how much you can push the 3ds hardware ... (actual graphics as you know never get so detailed... :) is just a demo)
youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=J-NQBKVlUBc
and since your nick name...
some tricks about voxels :) :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-how-to-increase-performance-in-a-voxel-world

Garcia98

Hey! Listen!
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Oh, wait. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear the first time!

I do know how to code a bit of c/c++, so I should be good to go there. But what I'm trying to say is, is there a good 3ds homebrew tutorial somewhere, or do people tend to just look at source code from others?

Just look at the examples of ctrulib and other libs you may want to use like sf2dlib

Reactions: robot56
D

Deleted User

OP
Offtopic: I've had to go and re-install Devkitpro because I'm using the wrong bloody Programmers' Notepad, rofl. :rofl:

D

Deleted User

OP
Of course it's not. If you'd read the post, you'd see it has benefits though. It takes less than a minute.
I'm having trouble compiling the graphics example. Do I need Image Magick to compile it, because in the Makefile code,
there's a certain error message telling the user to install it.

If so, which installer do I need?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.