Hacking Planning on making Ports and some other good stuff for WiiU!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,094
  • Replies 30
  • Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys...Maybe you know me...maybe you once heard of me. I said it 1 year ago. But now i am finally ready to begin.

I am working on getting some/quite a lot of older games to run on WiiU!

I was in several forums before, and had to learn a lot till i think i was ready. But now that i learned enough, fully understand how WiiU´s hardware works, i can now state i will do that.

I wasn´t sure for years if i want to do unofficial stuff or just become a normal programmer. But since the market of games has become worse and worse over the last years with all these microtransactions and that paid things for lowest efforts, it drove me away from wanting to just develop stuff and sell it for highest prices, i think i want to rather work on porting famous games for much better hardware instead and only charge a bit for high efforts.

Since my goal is to make gamers happy. And having fun with their hardware!And you can´t imagine how good the WiiU is suited for porting stuff from older consoles! Especially from Xbox 360, code can be ported quite easy.

I want to work on porting (these projects will be worked first on, then comes the bigger ones):

- Smallest games (e.g. Getting to recompile "Cube Life IS" for PPC-support! Fixes the slow framerate and the huge loading-screens!)
- I also want to recompile classic N64-games like "Command & Conquer 1/2" And maybe, if possible also recompile/port C&C 3/Red Alert 1/2! Of course if possible, with Touchscreen-controls & B/Stick!
- also want to work on getting Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 to run on WiiU, with touchscreen-controls (and additional button/stick)
- Then i also gotta work on "Minecraft", but this time it will have full PPC-support, since it´s a direct PPC-port! Means 100% 60 fps! And i also plan to get MODS from PC to work in this version! Of course not every Mod...but you will see if once it´s ready what type of MODS there will be. I plan on mainly getting bombs-mods and custom shaders to work on WiiU!
- If Roblox is possible i also want to work on porting that unofficially

Next will be tools like:

- SETI @ home (easy to recompile it, since it´s nearly just text-based thing)
- I want to create a WiiU-Browser, much more powerful than the one we currently have (based on ARM). I plan to use the Wii-browser to built up on that, also gotta have full Flash/HTML 5-support if possible
- i plan to create a weather app or similar stuff like basic calculators etc- just for easier tasks!

The middle big projects are:

- I will take SONIC Boom from WiiU and recompile (aka porting!) it to run on PPC as well (fix the awful framerate, will go from 20 fps to 60 fps easily! Will fix the audio-issues as well as they are cpu-based because not running on PPC in official version)
- i plan on porting "Kerbal Space Program", since the official developers gave up on their project! I`m not sure yet which version i will use. But i think i will use the PC-version- similar to how Need for Speed MW-WiiU-developers said they used the PC-version to port that over to WiiU!

And for the big guys:

- We have possible candidates as "Far Cry" (from Wii)- but well i think that can be scratched now, that you may run it without further ado at full 1.2 Ghz! I think if you use the WiiU`s 1.2 Ghz instead of the 768 Mhz that it will run just fine...But we`ll see! Remember that the Wii-Version had no HD-resolution.
- I plan to port the famous "Bioshock" 1, 2 & 3! As well as Portal 1 & 2 if possible! Those are 5 big games and 5 big projects that alone will take at least 1 year to make them working!
- GTA IV will also be one of my bigger projects
- I plan on using "Bayonetta 2" (WiiU-Version) and recompile it for running on PPC instead! So that will fix the variable framerate and make a perfect 60 fps out of it!
- I also plan to port famous Crysis 1,2 and 3 if possible to WiiU!
- I plan to port/Recompile Battlefield 3/4 for WiiU (and 1,2 if possible, but no guarantee for these)

Then we have another WiiU-title that gotta has to be fixed in framerate. It´s the famous "Devil´s Third". I will take it´s code and recompile it to run on PPC instead. So instead of max. 30 fps, this game will then have 60 fps. I gotta make sure, nothing is broken though for controls and ai/physics. But i doubt this game has a fps-lock!

- I also plan to watch on how/what i can do on porting/making a similar game as "Star Citizen" on WiiU! Since that´s another thing i want to have running on the WiiU!

Next will be a classic game from Sega, Aliens: Colonial Marines. I want to take the Xbox 360-code, recompile it/make it running on WiiU! And i want to create a gamepad-control-app for it.

So that the games makes feeling killing monsters better! This will also fix the afwul framerate maybe of Xbox 360-version. And maybe I´all also adjust the AI a little bit!

My final WiiU-games adjusted/recompiled for PPC will be "Dark Siders 1 & 2" and "Assasssins Creed 3 & 4".

I have some more projects than these about 30. But so far, this is all i will be working on. My work on it starts at this december! I will work on making Cube Life IS running on PPC first!

And once that´s done (max. 6 months/project, minimum 3 months) i will move on. If i see it takes too long, i will skip a project.

I have several more projects planned such as:

- own custom "settlers"-game
- own custom "Sims"-game, based on Sims 2/3-engine
- own custom "Racing-game", based on F-Zero
- own custom Starwars-singleplayer game (will take source from Gamecube and adjust it, will take long to make this game working!)
- own custom "Zelda Botw"-edition (PPC-based, enhanced, full ts-interface! I also hope to customize the cheap AI a bit, so that it will be way more hardcore => enhanced edition)
- own custom "Age of Empres"-game, with base of Age of Empires 1/2

And finally i have some more Xbox 360-games i could work on. But that´s it for now!

Some games will only take 3 months i think (since i am very good at what i do and my PCs are quite fast, so recompiling won`t take long!). But some things might take much longer, and like i said- if a delay happens, i will go on to the next project instead.

I will work the hardest i can since this is allways what i wanted to do.

Oh and i plan to put out some things than can be bought too. So it´s not all "free" stuff guys. Only the Ports will be free or the games which are just adjusted a bit.

Possible things i could do are also:

- create a PC-emulator (but that will be pretty hard and will take years to develop since you gotta write it all on your own!)

But i`m not yet sure about that.

Thank you all for your time reading this and...i hope you all enjoy what`s coming from my side!

Of course you may also support me. But i won`t have much time to answer back now, that i have taken the burden of doing such heavy tasks on my own.

But if you have any questions, you are allowed to ask.

PLEASE,recompile, if it' possible, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Black)!!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- I will take SONIC Boom from WiiU and recompile (aka porting!) it to run on PPC as well (fix the awful framerate, will go from 20 fps to 60 fps easily! Will fix the audio-issues as well as they are cpu-based because not running on PPC in official version)
Stop right there. Sonic Boom most definitely *does* run on the PowerPC CPU. The ARM CPU is exclusively reserved for the Wii U's operating system (as it was on the Wii). You probably read this from a charlatan "game developer" who claimed he could tell it was running on ARM because "reasons". (As an added bonus: The Wii U SDK does not include an ARM compiler, because licensed developers aren't intended to use the ARM CPU directly.)

For the games you listed that aren't open-source: How exactly do you expect to be able to "recompile" games without any source code? Decompilation (disassembly) isn't exactly rocket science, and it's even more difficult to port a disassembled game to a completely different system.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

FFT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
At first, I was going to laugh, but then I realized that it is not funny, that's just plain sad.

If he is not a troll, GBATEMP really went downhill and hit rock bottom, seriously, no wonder why real devs are not replying nowadays... ech, full of newbie kiddos :/ time to change the forum...

Reactions: piratesephiroth
D

Deleted User

OP
Haha, Wolfenstein 3d doesn't even run on Windows, it was released before 3D accleration, without any kind of shader, for personal use was not even a dream.

And this is far from the only thing which is simply not logical about your post!

It runs on DOS you mean...That´s why i said i´m not sure on what type of shader it runs on.

Like i said: That sort of stuff is way harder to port to WiiU, since you gotta make everything from scratch.

What i do isn´t doing everything by scratch. I take the original code. And just change it, so that it can run.

For Bioshock original version, which runs on 48 ATI-shaders on Xbox 360, you don`t have to change much at all. Since you have similar 32 ATI-shaders on WiiU.

See? Just minor difference. No problem. Not even resolution has to be changed. But we`ll see how it works in 2018.

No, i`m not using the 160 AMD-shaders in WiiU. I use the Wii-shaders sir. That´s how you can directly make it run.

Maybe here and there you gotta change something.

But you know? The GPU of Xbox 360 and WiiU is more similar than you think. That´s why porting it is way easier too. No Nvidia-stuff has to go for AMD. Or vice versa.

What can happen is that there will be some minor glitches or some other bugs that can occur. But you know that you can fix that ok?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i`m not using the 160 AMD-shaders in WiiU. I use the Wii-shaders sir. That´s how you can directly make it run.
"Wii shaders" aren't usable in Wii U mode. You'd be making a Wii port.

EDIT:
It runs on DOS you mean...That´s why i said i´m not sure on what type of shader it runs on.
It doesn't. (...use shaders, that is)

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: No shaders in DOS.
Reactions: DarthDub

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

Like i said: That sort of stuff is way harder to port to WiiU, since you gotta make everything from scratch.

What i do isn´t doing everything by scratch. I take the original code. And just change it, so that it can run.

For Bioshock original version, which runs on 48 ATI-shaders on Xbox 360, you don`t have to change much at all. Since you have similar 32 ATI-shaders on WiiU.

See? Just minor difference. No problem. Not even resolution has to be changed. But we`ll see how it works in 2018.

Maybe here and there you gotta change something.

But you know? The GPU of Xbox 360 and WiiU is more similar than you think. That´s why porting it is way easier too. No Nvidia-stuff has to go for AMD. Or vice versa.

What can happen is that there will be some minor glitches or some other bugs that can occur. But you know that you can fix that ok?
Please stop

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Wii shaders" aren't usable in Wii U mode. You'd be making a Wii port.
The Wii doesn't have a programmable pipeline(=it doesn't have shaders), except maybe TEV stages, which are something completly different than shaders, but can be used to do similar things(but in a very limited way).
The computers, which Wolf3d uses don't need any kind of GPU, which would run shaders. It was developed when people had no kind of graphic accleration(which runs shaders) build into their computers.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii doesn't has a programmable pipeline(=it doesn't has shaders), except maybe TEV stages, which are something completly different than shaders, but can be used to do similar things.
Hence why I put it in quotes. It's more like old-style register combiners.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
If this isn't a joke post, it's still saying a whole truckload of nothing. Start with one project at a time, and make a thread showing your progress. So far you've shown nothing of what you've actually done, if you have done anything.

This thread is wholly useless without any sort of documentation, and sounds like it belongs in Introductions more than anything.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.