Android Planning on making an Android game. Need some advice

Maxinator75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

My name is Max and I'm new to this forum :D. I am a big fan of retro games. I have been planning on making a retro style game for Android devices but I have one question... Which software should I use? I found a lot but there is always a carch like "Pay $500 for the full version or you can't publish your app". It needs to be entirely free. Any advice? Thanks in advance :D

I'm sorry if this thread is not at the right place.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What's your level of programming experience?

I'm using UNITY to make mine. It's free to publish games with as long as you're not making more than $10,000 per year off the game (in which case, you can probably afford to pay for a license! :D)

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I actually have no programming skills yet. Is Unity hard to learn? I'm planning on making it a 2D game.

If you have no programming skills then yes, it's hard to learn. A game is an extremely complex piece of software. You'd be better of with something like GameMaker studio, I guess... but then you'll need to buy it before you can export to Android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...