Plailect's 3ds.guide in 5 minutes without a computer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Some1CP, Aug 16, 2017.

1. TheFIrstAv3nger

TheFIrstAv3nger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Michigan
    Ok so do I gotta compile godmode9 twice? One for each script? The first script with the "make ntrboot" will make a .firm that can be flashed to a flash cart instead of boot9strap and the second one will be the .firm used instead of regular godmode9?

Last edited by TheFIrstAv3nger, Sep 25, 2017
  2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    You say no computer is needed but you still need to prepare the SD card on a computer first, right? Or am I missing something?

julienbdes likes this.
  3. Omegapsy

Omegapsy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2012
    United States
    Pretty much, yeah. For what it is worth, I did "self-contained" compiles of GM9 for each script. Meaning, I started from a fresh source pull for each compile.

This is assuming you have already set everything up. Once it is properly configured no computer is required.

4. TheFIrstAv3nger

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Michigan
    Would you be willing to share that with me in a pm?

5. TheFIrstAv3nger

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Michigan
    Hey, so I've been trying to modify your scripts for my personal use and had a few questions about them.
    1. Will this run on a o3ds since that doesnt use the secret sector, or will it fail? I need the secret sector bin in the boot9strap folder for n3ds?
    2. I have your ready2hack folder. I didn't see luma.firm for # Luma3DS cp 0:/luma.firm 9:/luma.firm (Do i just download latest and rename it to that?)
    3. cp 0:/boot.firm 9:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm (the boot.firm file seems to be luma3ds, so shouldnt this not be done?)
    4. What is the ntrboot.firm in your ready2hack folder? Guessing you don't need that now since godmode9 can be flashed to ntrboot?

Last edited by TheFIrstAv3nger, Oct 9, 2017
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Consider using NTR pack which does a similar thing. It as worked perfectly for me on several O3DS and N3DS (the 1.2 version at least)

7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    NTR Pack?