HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello!

I got all my music sorted in folders on my computer and I want all the music that's placed in that folder in a playlist on iTunes. I can open the folder and add it to iTunes, but what iTunes does is just add all the music to the library. I want a playlist with exactly the same songs in it as my folder has.

Is there a way to simply convert the folder into a playlist on iTunes?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To actual question I have no idea, though I will go with no as itunes is a horrible program and this would be one of those reasons.

If you need it to bother/backup/restore your idevices then leave it installed but also install http://www.mediamonkey.com/ . It will also speak to idevices and fire music around but its library function is like that of a sane program and you can easily add whatever folders you so desire to its library, easily fire across one or more and not have to worry about it being synced out of existence.

HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To actual question I have no idea, though I will go with no as itunes is a horrible program and this would be one of those reasons.

If you need it to bother/backup/restore your idevices then leave it installed but also install http://www.mediamonkey.com/ . It will also speak to idevices and fire music around but its library function is like that of a sane program and you can easily add whatever folders you so desire to its library, easily fire across one or more and not have to worry about it being synced out of existence.

I'll have a look at it.
Thanks for your reply!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I install it for loads of people that get annoyed by itunes being horrible, breaking and otherwise being annoying. The only bad thing that has happened so far is said people continue to use idevices rather than moving to something I find nicer to repair or deal with.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yeah I install it for loads of people that get annoyed by itunes being horrible, breaking and otherwise being annoying. The only bad thing that has happened so far is said people continue to use idevices rather than moving to something I find nicer to repair or deal with.
On Windows, I agree, it's an horrible player, but on Mac, it's pretty nice :P

Hello!

I got all my music sorted in folders on my computer and I want all the music that's placed in that folder in a playlist on iTunes. I can open the folder and add it to iTunes, but what iTunes does is just add all the music to the library. I want a playlist with exactly the same songs in it as my folder has.

Is there a way to simply convert the folder into a playlist on iTunes?
afaik, you can't directly convert playlists into folders, but you can add the folder on iTunes (file > add to library > :selectTheFolder) and then create a playlist and add all the songs by looking into the "recently added" menu :)

HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I must agree with that one. I don't have any apple devices, except my iPod nano 4g. It's a really old thing but I really like it. The only disadvantage is iTunes...

On Windows, I agree, it's an horrible player, but on Mac, it's pretty nice :P

afaik, you can't directly convert playlists into folders, but you can add the folder on iTunes (file > add to library > :selectTheFolder) and then create a playlist and add all the songs by looking into the "recently added" menu :)

Yes, but I wanted to avoid that. I got a lot of music in my folders and sometimes there is a song in more than one folder, so just looking at "recently added" and copy and paste everything doesn't work...

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yes, but I wanted to avoid that. I got a lot of music in my folders and sometimes there is a song in more than one folder, so just looking at "recently added" and copy and paste everything doesn't work...
Well, actually, I just tried, and you can drag and drop folders into a playlist!
I'm on iTunes 12.3.1, and you just need to go to the music tab > playlist sub-tab > new playlist > drag the folder into the empty space! Seems to work for me with a folder full of .m4a files :)

HipsterPluto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, actually, I just tried, and you can drag and drop folders into a playlist!
I'm on iTunes 12.3.1, and you just need to go to the music tab > playlist sub-tab > new playlist > drag the folder into the empty space! Seems to work for me with a folder full of .m4a files :)

Wow, it works! Easier than I thought.
Thank you!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded