PKMN-NTR: Real-time memory editing program for Pokémon games [WIP]

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by drgoku282, Nov 13, 2016.

1. EverOddish

EverOddish Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    Canada
    Hi, I'm interested in adding a feature to PKMN-NTR if it doesn't already exist. Is there any way to export data to JSON or XML for consumption by other programs? If not, I'd be willing to implement it.

2. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    Feel free to implement it and send a pull request.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw GitHub.

Last edited by drgoku282, Jun 3, 2017
  3. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    So with Luma3DS' latest update paired with B9S 1.2, there's basically a baked in NTR, with debugger and input redirection, which pertains to this program. Is it possible to update PKMN-NTR to utilize this? It essentially means no booting any app for PKMN-NTR, just go straight to the game, open the built-in menu and enable debugger and input redirection.

4. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    I guess we'll need some time to experiment on this, but it definitely would be great.

RustInPeace and proflayton123 like this.
  5. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    オンタリオ
    different protocol, but it's possible, I think.…

RustInPeace likes this.
  6. multisofteis

multisofteis Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Tux already uploaded a version of InputRedirection that works with Rosalina so the code is available on github, just need to figure out the differences between the NTR and Rosalina Debugger

7. EverOddish

EverOddish Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    Canada
    I didn't see the posts in this thread until just now, but I was messing around with PKMN-NTR and the latest Luma3DS v8.0 today. I found a series of steps that allows you to run and connect PKMN-NTR without needing to connect to the internet in-game. I've only tested this on Omega Ruby so far.

I updated the PKMN-NTR wiki with new connection steps for those that are running Luma3DS v8.0 or newer: https://github.com/drgoku282/PKMN-NTR/wiki

Edit: The reason this is possible is because Luma3DS's new Rosalina feature does some automatic Wifi Keep-alive magic.

TinchoX and RustInPeace like this.
  8. EverOddish

EverOddish Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    Canada
    It seems my connection steps were edited to say that PSS/Festival Plaza is still required. I didn't want to get into a wiki editing war without my being able to explain. Can we revert those changes?

9. ThunderbInazuma

ThunderbInazuma Pocket Rotom

Aug 31, 2015
    Portugal
    I was the one who did that. I could only connect with those steps, so I thought that someone forgot those.

10. EverOddish

EverOddish Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    Canada
    Ahh I see, no problem. Maybe it would be good to have others confirm that they were able to connect without PSS/Festival Plaza. I got it to work, but I don't know how reliable it is across other 3DS versions or games.

11. ThunderbInazuma

Aug 31, 2015
    Portugal
    Yeah, it should be good (sorry for editing without any confirmation). When my friend gives me back my 3DS I will test again to check it it was a temporary thing. Btw, O3DS XL B9S 1.2 and Luma 8.0

12. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Can this find and show the current egg Pokémon waiting for pickup in the Nursery? I didn't see it in the source but haven't had a chance to actually run and hook up the app recently.

13. ThunderbInazuma

Aug 31, 2015
    Portugal
    Well, sorry. I already know what I did wrong. Since on O3DS's booting an Mode 3 app it restarts the console, the luma option to enable the debugger was disabled when I boot NTR. I needed to go to the home screen/plaza, connecting online and after enable the rosalina debugger and NTR debugger. I think that the correct order to O3DS's are:
    1. Boot NTR
    2. Boot InputRedirection
    3. On the Home Menu, enalbe Rosalina Debugger
    4. Boot the game
    5. Enable NTR Debugger ( don't know if this can be before booting the game)
    6. Connect anywhere
    7. Profit

14. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    It shows the egg seed, not necessarily what the seed contains. Another program is needed to see what the seed contains (i.e. 3DSRNGTool).

AnalogMan likes this.
  15. JakeK0202

JakeK0202 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    I'm having an issue using the soft reset bot in alpha sapphire all of a sudden. I'm on luma 8.0/b9s 1.2 and every time I've set the bot up to run, my system has crashed, shows a crash dump screen from luma, and my system has to be rebooted. It's happened a couple times from 300 to 700 encounters in, then my system just crashes. Any way to stop this?

16. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    No, that's just NTR, that you got that many SRs is actually pretty good given the unstable nature of NTR.

17. JakeK0202

JakeK0202 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Alright, I didn't really think of it being on the end of NTR, makes sense though. Any way I can keep it from crashing as often? It's doing it around every 80 or so encounter on one of my systems now

18. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    If it's that low, does the console have the NTR plugin directory /plugin/titleid of the game? You have to remove that, I think the program reads that directory and it makes it so you have low soft resets. I know from personal experience, I never broke 99 soft resets in Gen 6 games, but since removing them, it got more like the high SRs people reported.

19. JakeK0202

JakeK0202 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    I don't believe it's there but I'll check when I get the chance and if it does, get rid of it to see if it makes a difference. It's actually been going for around 300 SR's right now, so I don't want to interrupt it

20. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Sometimes it can be really low regardless of having the plugin directory removed, that's just the nature of NTR CFW. Might I suggest Gen 6 RNG?