TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
PkmGCSaveEditor

DOSCOoW.png

PkmGCSaveEditor is a cross-platform, open source (GPLv3) Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD save file editor. It comes with its backend library, LibPkmGC (LPGLv3) (not documented yet).

Links:
October 18th: Version 1.2.2. A guide on how to make legal Colosseum/XD Pokémon.

Current features:
  • You can edit all of your Pokémon. You can import/export Colosseum, XD and even GBA Pokémon. Conversion between these formats is fully supported and is almost done like the game does in a trade. You cannot edit the information specific to Shadow Pokémon, though.
  • You can edit your game configuration. In particular, you can change your save language.
  • You can edit your trainer info, your bag and your Party.
  • You can edit your PC (both Pokémon and items).
  • You can edit your Daycare.
  • You can edit your Strategy Memo.
  • You can edit the description of some Ribbons.
  • On XD, you can edit your Purifier.

Supported languages:
  • Interface: English, French, German
  • Dumped names (thanks Tiddlywinks) English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese

Special thanks to:
peterpansexuell (German translation), Yago (for testing), Ralf (for his "offset tables"), StarsMMD, Tiddlywinks.

Tips: The most recent versions of Dolphin (e.g. 5.0-rc) can directly read and write to GCI files, making testing your changes much easier.
You can dump/restore your physical memory card contents using Ctr-Gcs-DacoTaco-Edition.

Last edited by TuxSH,

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm running W7 x64 too. Have you downloaded BOTH archives (the ~300K of program and ~15M (compressed) of libraries) and extracted them in the same folder?

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So if i have a hacked wii and a normal gamecube i can hack my save with this and GCMM and then use that memory card on a normal gamecube and transfer them to the gba?

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A wii can play GC games anyways, but yes. GCMM (which is an homebrew) enables you to backup and restore GC files, that can be edited with the program I released.

You can then export Pokémon to GBA save files with the help of A-Save.

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For transferring back save files to GBA cartridges you need a DS and a DS flashcart with this homebrew, except if, of course, you do have the required hardware to do "real" Pokémon trades between GC and GBA.

ChaosEvDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you for making this. I had been waiting for something like this for years. I have a WinXP laptop and cant get this to run. It just says its not a valid win32 application. I have both folders downloaded in the same folder. I dont know what I should be doing.

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm... that's because XP support was dropped since Visual Studio 2012 (the compiler I'm using). I will build the program for XP this WE.

Sorry for the inconvenience ^^'

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PkmGCSaveEditor

DOSCOoW.png

PkmGCSaveEditor is a cross-platform, open source (GPLv3) Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD save file editor. It comes with its backend library, LibPkmGC (LPGLv3) (not documented yet).

Links:
October 18th: Version 1.2.2. A guide on how to make legal Colosseum/XD Pokémon.

Current features:
  • You can edit all of your Pokémon. You can import/export Colosseum, XD and even GBA Pokémon. Conversion between these formats is fully supported and is almost done like the game does in a trade. You cannot edit the information specific to Shadow Pokémon, though.
  • You can edit your game configuration. In particular, you can change your save language.
  • You can edit your trainer info, your bag and your Party.
  • You can edit your PC (both Pokémon and items).
  • You can edit your Daycare.
  • You can edit your Strategy Memo.
  • You can edit the description of some Ribbons.
  • On XD, you can edit your Purifier.

Supported languages:
  • Interface: English, French, German
  • Dumped names (thanks Tiddlywinks) English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese

Special thanks to:
peterpansexuell (German translation), Yago (for testing), Ralf (for his "offset tables"), StarsMMD, Tiddlywinks.

Tips: The most recent versions of Dolphin (e.g. 5.0-rc) can directly read and write to GCI files, making testing your changes much easier.
You can dump/restore your physical memory card contents using Ctr-Gcs-DacoTaco-Edition.

How do I use this with Nintendont saves? I have a raw GXXE save that I want to edit but when I try to open it with the PKMNGCSaveEditor it says "invalid file size."

EDIT: I have found a method.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GCI should work though...
What was your file size?

My current GCI's file size is 344 KB. The problem was that I didn't have a GCI and that I was trying to use a raw made by Nintendont. I extracted a GCI from the raw and then I was able to edit my save file. Then afterwards I had to import the GCI into a blank raw file.

I have another question now. Is it possible to create Shiny Pokemon without giving them a boost in experience points? I want Shiny Pokemon but the boost in exp. makes it easy for them to become overleveled very quickly.

EDIT: I tried changing my Deoxys' met location and knowing changed. Is it possible that met locations can't be changed once set?

I also created three other Pokemon: Treecko, Mudkip, and Aron. The met location is all the same for all three of them even though I gave them in-game locations.

Last edited by Natural,

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have another question now. Is it possible to create Shiny Pokemon without giving them a boost in experience points? I want Shiny Pokemon but the boost in exp. makes it easy for them to become overleveled very quickly.
You could change the PID, although it would make the Pokémon illegitimate. You could generate legitimate Pokémon (see the wiki for Colosseum/XD, for example), or you can, using some Python shell online, compute newPID_shiny = (PID & 0xffff0000) | (TID ^ SID)

EDIT: I tried changing my Deoxys' met location and knowing changed. Is it possible that met locations can't be changed once set?

I also created three other Pokemon: Treecko, Mudkip, and Aron. The met location is all the same for all three of them even though I gave them in-game locations.

Did you set the game as Colosseum/XD. Also, IIRC, you need the Pokémon's TID and SID match yours.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could change the PID, although it would make the Pokémon illegitimate. You could generate legitimate Pokémon (see the wiki for Colosseum/XD, for example), or you can, using some Python shell online, compute newPID_shiny = (PID & 0xffff0000) | (TID ^ SID)

Did you set the game as Colosseum/XD. Also, IIRC, you need the Pokémon's TID and SID match yours.

I will only be using these Pokemon in XD Gale of Darkness so I probably won't care if they're illegitimate. But when you change the PID don't you change the nature as well? How do I know which hex will give it what nature, ability and shininess? I'm not too familiar with Hex and Dex but I did mess around with Hex in Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu. I don't know how to code so I won't be able to use the Python shell online method. And by the way. A guide on how to make legal Colosseum/XD Pokémon. That link in your original post is down or something. I'm getting a 404 Not Found error along with nginx/1.10.2.

Okay so this seems to be why Project Pokemon is down.

Last edited by Natural,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for bumping an oldish thread but whenever I try to save my changes the program crashes.
Here's the details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PkmGCSaveEditor.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 565b4b4a
Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5098858e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000e7f1
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48