Hacking pirates carribean loading as ninja/pirates game?

cv65user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pirates carribean loading as ninja/pirates game?

if i load pirates of carribean with usbloadergx from hdd it loads as some ninja vs pirates dodgeball mario kart type racing game.
but if load from dvd-r it loads as the pirates carribean game .

i am assuming is it loading some mini game ? so its skipping dols? when loaded from usbloadergx

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cv65user said:

if i load pirates of carribean with usbloadergx from hdd it loads as some ninja vs pirates dodgeball mario kart type racing game.

i am assuming is it loading some mini game ? so its skipping dols? when loaded from usbloadergx

Those are 2 separate games. Ninja Vs Pirates dodgeball is a real, disc based game. The loader is just plain loading the wrong game. Are you sure you don't have the Ninja Vs Pirates game installed, with the Pirates of the Caribbean cover? What's the title show up as in GX? And the GameID? Are you loading an alternate dol?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cv65user said:

same here , and i installed pirates of carribean (pal) with an older version windows gui loader then downloaded pics from djtaz site with usbloadergx. all i was going to do was change the picture on the card myself by renaming the rite picture then i rembered since im ntsc n e way im gonna go get the ntsc game and install it 1st and see what pic i get...then i see this and think maybe it might be helpful to say...

...this happened to me too, but the disk image is correct if loaded with other loaders just not the cover.

cv65user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah so not just me then . lol

yeah it was originally on wbfs that played as some dodgeball game when loaded from usbloadergx . and the dvd cover shows up as pirates carribean and windows wbfs manager shows it up as pirates carribbean /gameid also confirm when you look in cover preview - this is why i was confused why it plays as different game so i thought it may just have wrong game id thats why wbfs is downloading the wrong cover.

so i wanted to back upo the game to dvd-r when i extracted it , and burnt to dvd . and played it through neogamma rc6 autoboot channel. now it plays as its true pirates caribbean game? LOLOL i dont know if this is a deliberate thing by nintendo or usbloader gx is skipping DOLs and booting the mini games rather then the main game itself .

i notice when i load the game from the dvd-r , i can only play story mode . cant access the other options so i am assuming there are mini games behind the other options in the main menu ?

nb . not using alt dols at all for pirates carribean game

cv65user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have just tested mortal kombat , same issue - looks like we may be onto something .

when play mka through usbloadergx it goes blank screen after wrist strap and afer asking you need classic/gc controller it goes blank screen - canot reboot , must switch off/on . so i extracted the main dol and rename as mkxxx so it you can only play the racing kart game as you need classic/gc controller for the fighting arcade title.

but since i burned onto dvd-r . not using alt dol now but i can now play the arcade fighting game but the other option to play the mini games are greyed out (cannot access) . so yes , looks like its skipping DOLS and booting mini games/vice versa.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM