Pirated Windows 7 to 10

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I activated my Windows 10 Pro partition for free, 100% legally, without using cracks and I'm not an Insider (anymore).
How? Well, I don't know exactly what happened.
I had installed the Insider build 10130 and wanted to upgrade to the build 10240, but it wasn't available in Windows Update for me (I don't know why...).
What I did is download the official RTM ISO and upgrade. Now Windows is activated and without Insider builds :lol:

Also, I didn't have a Windows license before.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I activated my Windows 10 Pro partition for free, 100% legally, without using cracks and I'm not an Insider (anymore).
I had installed the Insider build 10130 and wanted to upgrade to the build 10240, but it wasn't available in Windows Update for me (I don't know why...).
What I did is download the official RTM ISO and upgrade. Now Windows is activated and without Insider builds [emoji38]

Also, I didn't have a Windows license before.
Did you use a MS account? Are you on retail or KMS channel?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you use a MS account? Are you on retail or KMS channel?
No, I didn't use my MS account to login, but I've been using it inside apps (like Windows Feedback, Store, etc...). I don't know in which channel I am, I was using the Insider build before and now I upgraded to the RTM and it's fully activated.
Screenshot (1).png

Also, I boot in Test Mode in order to use PPJoy.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If you upgraded Windows 7/8 to the insider build then Microsoft already knew you were entitled to an upgrade so installing it manually would work.

I'm surprised that you can activate Windows 10 after upgrading a KMS activated 7/8. I've no idea why anyone would use KMS to activate Windows 7 when SLP activation was so easy.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you upgraded Windows 7/8 to the insider build then Microsoft already knew you were entitled to an upgrade so installing it manually would work.

I'm surprised that you can activate Windows 10 after upgrading a KMS activated 7/8. I've no idea why anyone would use KMS to activate Windows 7 when SLP activation was so easy.
As I said, I didn't have any license (not even cracked). I use Ubuntu most of the time, so I didn't need one.

EDIT: Maybe I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Enterprise Trial, but I'm not sure...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Win10 Home. That's why I want to know the shortest route to an activated Win10 Pro. And you said I need to shift to the retail channel after installing. If I enter a generic key, will my Windows keep the activation? And what is that key?
If I were you, I would just stay on Windows 10 Home. It's legitimate, and you probably won't ever use Pro features, especially on a tablet. That being said, the following ways will get you from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro in order of safest to least safe:
  • Clean install Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, activate with Daz's loader, and then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. If you don't mind doing a clean install of Windows 7, this is the safest route, and you don't have to do anything else.
  • Revert back to Windows 8 and update to Windows 8 Pro. After you revert back to Windows 8, you do this by inputting the generic Pro key using the Add features option of Windows 8. It will take a few minutes, but your computer will be converted to Windows 8 Pro. However, you will lose your activation, and you will need to use something like MTK to KMS-activate Windows 8 Pro. After that, you should delete AutoKMS so it doesn't interfere with Windows 10 activation later and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. You will be converted from a 180-day KMS license on Windows 8 Pro to a permanent volume MAK license on Windows 10 Pro. Once you are on Windows 10 Pro and see that you are permanently activated, you should change your key to the generic retail key in command prompt. For Windows 10 Pro, that would be the key ending in 3V66T. You probably don't need to do this step, but it is in my opinion safer than staying on this suspicious volume MAK. After you change to the retail key, you will once again lose your activation. However, because Microsoft saved your HWID during the upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, it will reactivate against the retail key if you are connected to the internet.
  • You could directly upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but you will lose your activation, and you will need to use something like MTK to KMS-activate Windows 10 Pro. I've already explained why this is an unsafe option.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you cracked windows 7 in the first place, then you could just do a clean install of windows 7 and crack it again.... so nothing would force you to buy a legit copy of 10. anyways microsoft is giving it away for free so I doubt they would ban people for getting a free product... for free.
windows 10 is NOT free. it's like getting a coupon at the store for a free pizza. doesn't mean all of those pizzas are free. they're only free if you have a coupon.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If I were you, I would just stay on Windows 10 Home. It's legitimate, and you probably won't ever use Pro features, especially on a tablet. That being said, the following ways will get you from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro in order of safest to least safe:
  • Clean install Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, activate with Daz's loader, and then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. If you don't mind doing a clean install of Windows 7, this is the safest route, and you don't have to do anything else.
  • Revert back to Windows 8 and update to Windows 8 Pro. After you revert back to Windows 8, you do this by inputting the generic Pro key using the Add features option of Windows 8. It will take a few minutes, but your computer will be converted to Windows 8 Pro. However, you will lose your activation, and you will need to use something like MTK to KMS-activate Windows 8 Pro. After that, you should delete AutoKMS so it doesn't interfere with Windows 10 activation later and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. You will be converted from a 180-day KMS license on Windows 8 Pro to a permanent volume MAK license on Windows 10 Pro. Once you are on Windows 10 Pro and see that you are permanently activated, you should change your key to the generic retail key in command prompt. For Windows 10 Pro, that would be the key ending in 3V66T. You probably don't need to do this step, but it is in my opinion safer than staying on this suspicious volume MAK. After you change to the retail key, you will once again lose your activation. However, because Microsoft saved your HWID during the upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, it will reactivate against the retail key if you are connected to the internet.
  • You could directly upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but you will lose your activation, and you will need to use something like MTK to KMS-activate Windows 10 Pro. I've already explained why this is an unsafe option.
Will Win7 work with my touchscreen?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10........its ok...just windows 8 with a better GUI. I have it, updated my desktop from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. My windows 8 home laptop updated to windows 10 home edition.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I imagine it would with the proper drivers, but there's no way to know until you try.
It fortunately has a USB port. I guess I'll do the Win8 method. So if I update on KMS activated, the activation carries over even if I shift over to the retail channel?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a clean installation of Windows completely format the HDD in question? Supposing one doesn't want to wipe it? I have Windows 7 on one HDD, can I put 7 on my other HDD, activate it using DAZ loader, then upgrade that iteration to 10 instead of the primary HDD that also has 7?

I would think two instances of Windows 7 on two HDDs would create issues.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a clean installation of Windows completely format the HDD in question? Supposing one doesn't want to wipe it? I have Windows 7 on one HDD, can I put 7 on my other HDD, activate it using DAZ loader, then upgrade that iteration to 10 instead of the primary HDD that also has 7?

I would think two instances of Windows 7 on two HDDs would create issues.

If you're concerned about losing your current data, just use easus to clone the drive and update to windows 10. Yes I used the daz loader to enable a free upgrade.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're concerned about losing your current data, just use easus to clone the drive and update to windows 10. Yes I used the daz loader to enable a free upgrade.

Can't, not enough space on either HDD to clone the other, I'd need a larger 2 TB USB HDD to do that. With two 1 TB HDDs, cloning is impossible. That still doesn't answer my question regarding on whether or not clean installations wipe the HDD.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't, not enough space on either HDD to clone the other, I'd need a larger 2 TB USB HDD to do that. With two 1 TB HDDs, cloning is impossible. That still doesn't answer my question regarding on whether or not clean installations wipe the HDD.
On Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 it moves your data to drive:\Windows.old. I believe it's the same with Windows 10.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I update on KMS activated, the activation carries over even if I shift over to the retail channel?
If you upgrade from KMS-activated Windows 8, you will receive a permanent activation on Windows 10. If you change to the generic retail key on Windows 10, you will re-receive your permanent activation if you are connected to the internet.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you upgrade from KMS-activated Windows 8, you will receive a permanent activation on Windows 10. If you change to the generic retail key on Windows 10, you will re-receive your permanent activation if you are connected to the internet.

And if I do a fresh install which activation will I get (MAK or Retail)? Also, if I have a Home and a Pro for the same HWID, which will the fresh install be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1