Pirated Version of Vista.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like what problems? Running Vista x64 SP1 April release and I haven't had a single problem yet...even compatibility isn't that bad...I just won't expect to be able to install my X-ROM on it.

On a side note, I downloaded a student training version of XP, it requried one special serial number and after that it required absolutely no activation and all the updates worked.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Renegade_R said:
Like what problems? Running Vista x64 SP1 April release and I haven't had a single problem yet...even compatibility isn't that bad...I just won't expect to be able to install my X-ROM on it.

On a side note, I downloaded a student training version of XP, it requried one special serial number and after that it required absolutely no activation and all the updates worked.
Student training is not considered pirated, I would expected to work properly. I had pirated XP and I had to change a few things in the registry in order for it to work, because of this the computer occasionally has strange lagging problems, once I had the legit version installed, the problem was gone.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pirated XP works just fine as long as you don't get some stupid custom version made by some noob. I've used several different pirated versions of XP (including the student version), and the only one that didn't work properly was a custom installation that some guy made and put up on a torrent site.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't experienced any issues with pirated XP installs either (using since release on several systems).

Just set Automatic Updates to "automatic" and makes sure to uncheck "WGA Validation Tool" the first time it shows up in that list.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a tool that makes XP and Vista act as if it were legit, forgot the name though. Removes all problems like verification and such.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keznews is a site that lists all the newest cracks and what-not. OEM versions are the easiest to pirate, as long as you turn automatic updates to "don't download or install automatically" and skip anything WGA related.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Twiffles said:
There is a tool that makes XP and Vista act as if it were legit, forgot the name though. Removes all problems like verification and such.
Windows Vista OEM Activation. Tried it... Vista is 100% legit, after that
tongue.gif

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was only a few times that I had trouble with XP because the WGA crack didn't work and then I was constantly bugged about it in the system tray.

My Vista Ultimate on the other hand, have no trouble at all. I'll check out that keznews looks interesting.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone actually willingly using Vista, and going so far as to pirate it sure is a willing user, is in my view in need of a sign.

Here's your sign.

The first thing I do upon getting a new computer with Vista, is demand legit copies of the OS.
Second thing, is immediately sell the legit copies of the Vista OS to someone with a sign.
Third is I nuke Vista off the system and install my XP OS.

I wouldn't touch that POS with YOUR 10 foot pole.
It's not worth it just for a pretty desktop.

I have plenty of signs available for all those that need one by the way.

GrayFox Cap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Twiffles said:

MuBlinder is what I tend to use. Perhaps we are talking about the same thing.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My XP copy has no problem too. Everything's fine. Running on SP2 at the moment. I also have that application where it tricks the computer into think it is a legitimate copy.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
Anyone actually willingly using Vista, and going so far as to pirate it sure is a willing user, is in my view in need of a sign.

Here's your sign.

The first thing I do upon getting a new computer with Vista, is demand legit copies of the OS.
Second thing, is immediately sell the legit copies of the Vista OS to someone with a sign.

I would format and reinstall XP but I haven't had the most spare time in the last few months.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Panzer Tacticer said:

Here's your sign.

It's not about the fact that it looks pretty or not. Right now I have 4 gigs of RAM and a quad core processor, I think Running Vista x64 would be better. Only 2.75GB of my RAM is recognized right now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Multi core processors are taken care of by the better versions of XP (corporate is up there with student and "4 easy steps" with a bit of common sense is all that is needed).

2.75 gigs of ram is fine for just about everything: I run a machine with 2 gigs of ram and no virtual memory (games, high end video encoding and CAD are what I use it for as well) and have yet to encounter a problem outside of a rather rapid memory leak (there is a reason I no longer install flash for people).
You also have the option of a 64 bit version of linux or xp should you decide to use one of the 4 apps that really really needs the ram (and they come in linux and xp versions). I would advocate 64 bit XP for general use however unless you are one of the lucky people with drivers.
If you are so inclined there are also memory management apps.

Really the only advantage of vista as I see it is directx10 and that has yet to be widely adopted/forced upon us let alone been proven. I personally count vista as the return of ME but I will say it works (just about and with a hell of a lot of fiddling: what does not have this) but not enough to warrant a move from XP.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
STALKER: Clear Skies uses a lot of new DX10 particle effects that you can't get with DX9, like dynamic volumetric fire, water, and smoke.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
FAST6191 said:
Multi core processors are taken care of by the better versions of XP (corporate is up there with student and "4 easy steps" with a bit of common sense is all that is needed).

2.75 gigs of ram is fine for just about everything: I run a machine with 2 gigs of ram and no virtual memory (games, high end video encoding and CAD are what I use it for as well) and have yet to encounter a problem outside of a rather rapid memory leak (there is a reason I no longer install flash for people).
You also have the option of a 64 bit version of linux or xp should you decide to use one of the 4 apps that really really needs the ram (and they come in linux and xp versions). I would advocate 64 bit XP for general use however unless you are one of the lucky people with drivers.
If you are so inclined there are also memory management apps.

Really the only advantage of vista as I see it is directx10 and that has yet to be widely adopted/forced upon us let alone been proven. I personally count vista as the return of ME but I will say it works (just about and with a hell of a lot of fiddling: what does not have this) but not enough to warrant a move from XP.
I've heard that the 64 version of XP is worse than Vista due to the lack of support and it is better to stick to XP 32. Linux is not made for a dumbass like me... I want to have dual boot. Vista for DX10 games and XP for the rest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free