Homebrew Pirated Multiplayer Question

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dangit, forget where the bridge was on gbatemp to jump off in these situations

but seriously, they don't know if it's pirated ir not, abismall management of checking title ownership

Reactions: evilmart15

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing is 100% safe anymore. Recent Nintendo ban wave show us that.
You could end up with permanent console ban from online playing.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is 100% safe anymore. Recent Nintendo ban wave show us that.
You could end up with permanent console ban from online playing.
It's not necessarily pirated games though, the question is if pirated games will get him banned, if he want's to be a fool and test his luck connecting online so be it, any homebrew on your system will run you the risk of ban

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not necessarily pirated games though, the question is if pirated games will get him banned, if he want's to be a fool and test his luck connecting online so be it, any homebrew on your system will run you the risk of ban
Think of it this way: the ban stops you playing online. You're telling him not to play online. Ergo, you're telling him to impose the same restrictions a ban would bring lol

@OP, nobody knows for sure what causes bans. It could be a large number of things, one of such is playing online. If you want to play multiplayer, I say go for it. The worst that'll happen is you won't be able to play multiplayer in future or access the eShop - but given the nature of this post, I doubt the latter is a real issue.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think of it this way: the ban stops you playing online. You're telling him not to play online. Ergo, you're telling him to impose the same restrictions a ban would bring lol

@OP, nobody knows for sure what causes bans. It could be a large number of things, one of such is playing online. If you want to play multiplayer, I say go for it. The worst that'll happen is you won't be able to play multiplayer in future or access the eShop - but given the nature of this post, I doubt the latter is a real issue.
I still haven't been banned but is freeshop still accessible after being banned under the type of ban being givin out in mass right now?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I still haven't been banned but is freeshop still accessible after being banned under the type of ban being givin out in mass right now?
FreeShop doesn't send any console info to Nintendo, so only an IP ban could prevent FreeShop from working, and I don't think they are going to start doing that as it's not a very effective method of banning.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the recent ban does is prevent you from playing online multiplayer games (and maybe Pokebank, I don't know if anyone's checked that and reported). But reportedly you can still access eShop, so you still have some access to Nintendo servers. This includes the one you download from when using FreeShop.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i am banned and pkebnk dont work anymore (45 boxes of pkmn all gone) :(
Just so you know, you're banned from anything that uses an NNID, and unfortunately for you, PokeBank falls under that umbrella.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, you're banned from anything that uses an NNID, and unfortunately for you, PokeBank falls under that umbrella.
eShop uses a NNID (when one is linked), but you aren't banned from that. I think Pokebank is just considered an online Pokemon feature.

However, I see no point in banning from Pokebank as it's a paid online service. So they still make money from it.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have eshop acces. i cant use friendlist, online play (Pkmn...) and i cant acces Pkebnk. eshop is the only thing that is untouched. ah and i cant dload any dlc (problematic for Monster Hunter games since there arent on freeshop due they are dloaded from Capcom Servers)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Playing online is 100 percent safe
Oh sorry, you must work for Nintendo. C'mon mango, nobody can say for certain what causes bans. When you've modified your system and broken ToS, anything could be the trigger.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, you must work for Nintendo. C'mon mango, nobody can say for certain what causes bans. When you've modified your system and broken ToS, anything could be the trigger.
They see the title ID of the game you're playing. They could possibly ban you from playing an out of region game online, and will 100 percent ban you for playing a game early online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr