Gaming Pictlogica Final Fantasy 3DS Hex Editor Cheating - How to play Areas 31 and 32 on Citra + other

ZhenNexus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Pictlogica Final Fantasy is a Picross game which is Japan-exclusive on Nintendo 3DS. This game has 30 Areas with many puzzles to solve and battles to beat to unlock characters. But there's one problem. With online you can unlock areas 31 and 32. In these areas you can unlock 4 extra characters: Cloud, Zidane, Yuna and Lightning. The problem is how to do it on Citra. With the help of Hex Editor we can access these stages and more! In this tutorial I'll explain to you how to: unlock all 160 characters from the start, how to get infinite amount of stars (level-ups) and how to access areas 31 and 32. Let's Begin!

Before we begin, make sure that your HxD Editor has these options: Bytes On Row is stayed at 16, Charset is ANSI and Offset base on hex. And also, make a backup of your save file. Just in case. Also you need these files and programs : HxD Hex Editor, Citra Emulator and a save file for Pictlogica Final Fantasy (all.dat).

Access to Areas 31 and 32. By accessing the stages I don't mean unlocking them. I mean putting you respawn point on said zones.
1) Exit a game if you haven't done this yet.
2) Open all.dat save file in Hex Editor.
3) In Offset (h) 00000D50 in Column 08 change the value to 1F for Area 31 or 20 for Area 32. You'll spawn in these areas once you'll open the game. But be careful, don't leave these Areas before getting every star because in this way you don't unlock the areas. You need to input these values every time if you want to return to said areas.
1) Areas 31 and 32.PNG

Unlocking all 160 characters. Unlocking them is a chore if you're doing this normal way. If you want to unlock all of them right from the start, here's how to do it:
In Offset (h) 00000C70 from Column 00 to 0F write FF. All of them. And in offset (h) 00000C80 from Column 00 to 03 also add FF. This way you'll have all 160 characters, including Area 31 and 32 exclusives.
2) 160 Characters.PNG

Getting infinte ammount of stars. In this game the max. amount of stars you can get is 1286. But thanks to cheating you can even get 65535 stars. Here's how to do it:
In offset (h) 000010E0 there are two Columns: 0C and 0D. If you want to have 255 stars, put the value FF in Column 0C. If you'll get 256th star, the 0C Value will be 00. But the 0D Value will be 01. You see where am I going with this? If the Column 0D Value is FF, then you'll get 65535 stars. But for this the Value in 0C must be 00 for this.
3) Any number of stars.PNG

Well, I hope I helped you with Pictlogica Final Fantasy on Nintendo 3DS. Somehow. The only problem I haven't found an answer is how to permanently unlock Areas 31 and 32. Maybe with time, I and my friend, or someone else will find a way to do this, Then I'll update this post. Thanks to my friend Serge for helping me finding all this stuff. And also thank you for reading this post.

UPDATE: Now you can unlock all Areas without time limit AND unlock Areas 31 and 32 permanently! First, removing the timer. In Offset (h) 00000EA0 in Columns 0C-0F and 00000EB0 in Column 00 put the values FF. Congratulations! You've removed timers to all the areas! Now unlockable areas 31 and 32. First is Area 31. In Offset (h) in Column 04 put the value 80. Next is Area 32. In Offset (h) in Column 05 put the value 01. Congratulations! You've unlocked Area 31 and 32. Now, if you want to play all 30 Areas instantly, then in Offset (h) in Columns 01-04 just put the values FF in each column. But remember, you still have to complete all puzzles to unlock EX stages in each Area.
Timer removal + all stages.PNG

Thank you again for reading the tutorial. If you'll find any mistakes in these values then post a comment in this post. Special thanks to TheShadowRunner (https://gbatemp.net/members/theshadowrunner.164199/) for helping on this update.

Last edited by ZhenNexus,

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Looks like setting bytes from 0x0eb1 to 0x0eb5 to 0xff unlocks all areas, including 31 and 32.
I still have to find the exact bits that just unlock both of them, but this will do the trick for now :-)

@ZhenNexus do you happen to have an advanced savegame? I started playing it two weeks ago and I'm only at world 5. It would be helpful to have a savegame with everything unlocked but the locked areas.
Do you know if you can legitly unlock areas 31 and 32 without even completing area 30?

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if you can legitly unlock areas 31 and 32 without even completing area 30?
Yes absolutely. The way it works officially is by inputting 2 passwords, at any time, and it'll unlock 31 & 32.
These passwords require the jpn android version of the game and a jpn sqex account to generate them.
But again, you can unlock them at any time.

I'd be _very_ interested in a way/hack to simulate the purchase of the kupo fruit (3000yen on the eshop), to remove all timers properly.
As after Area21, each area has a 336 HOURS (14 days wait) unlock timer, no kidding.
The game in total has a combined waiting time of 5600 hours, which is about 234 days. Nuts.

Last edited by TheShadowRunner,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes absolutely. The way it works officially is by inputting 2 passwords, at any time, and it'll unlock 31 & 32.
These passwords require the jpn android version of the game and a jpn sqex account to generate them.
But again, you can unlock them at any time.

I'd be _very_ interested in a way/hack to simulate the purchase of the kupo fruit (3000yen on the eshop), to remove all timers properly.
As after Area21, each area has a 336 HOURS (14 days wait) unlock timer, no kidding.
The game in total has a combined waiting time of 5600 hours, which is about 234 days. Nuts.
Unless you're required to log into your NNID whenever you launch the game I don't see why it would act differently than any other "dlc." I imagine we would just need someone who has the file already. Either that or have a fresh copy of a save that already purchased the kupo fruit and have everyone use it.

Seriously though, 3000 yen? God damn, Squenix.

TheShadowRunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you're required to log into your NNID whenever you launch the game I don't see why it would act differently than any other "dlc." I imagine we would just need someone who has the file already. Either that or have a fresh copy of a save that already purchased the kupo fruit and have everyone use it.
No it doesn't require online or use NNID login, so I guess it's standard DLC. Maybe the purchase just installs a certain ticket, or installs a small extdata file, I've no clue. But i'm certainly interested in pooling funds to purchase/share it if need be.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
No it doesn't require online or use NNID login, so I guess it's standard DLC. Maybe the purchase just installs a certain ticket, or installs a small extdata file, I've no clue. But i'm certainly interested in pooling funds to purchase/share it if need be.
It probably isn't even DLC. Just a single bit change in the savegame, just like Pokémon Picross does.

Anyway, I don't think that's needed anymore since I managed to unlock the areas by hex editing.

TheShadowRunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably isn't even DLC. Just a single bit change in the savegame, just like Pokémon Picross does.

Anyway, I don't think that's needed anymore since I managed to unlock the areas by hex editing.
Hmm doesn't that screw up with the timers and eventually corrupt the game save?
A single bit chage in the savegame would be an awesome solution..

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Hmm doesn't that screw up with the timers and eventually corrupt the game save?
A single bit chage in the savegame would be an awesome solution..
Indeed, the bit I mention here puts the timer to zero, so it unlocks next area legitly.

I've unlocked all areas using this method and I've got all achievements, etc. flawlessly. Indeed, now the game doesn't let me enter the kupo nut shop (it probably says something that isn't needed anymore, but can't read japanese).

TheShadowRunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, the bit I mention here puts the timer to zero, so it unlocks next area legitly.

I've unlocked all areas using this method and I've got all achievements, etc. flawlessly. Indeed, now the game doesn't let me enter the kupo nut shop (it probably says something that isn't needed anymore, but can't read japanese).
Interesting, could you possibly take a picture?

TheShadowRunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it goes :-)
Oh this is great.. indeed it says "there are no items for purchase. All areas that can be purchased have already been unlocked".
Which seems to me indicate your method of unlocking is proper.
I'm on Area11 atm, with 10 hours to wait.
How would I hack my save to unlock all the rest 'proper' as you did?
I would like to just unlock those areas as the kupo fruit is supposed to do, and not touch nothing else (my 31 & 32 are already unlocked proper).

marc_max, here's my current values (untouched).

pict.jpg

I'm confused about this part:
"applying a 0xfe mask to 0x0eef (in other words, setting the first byte counting from right to 0),"
Thanks for your help!

Edit2: ok I just went ahaid and did it. I found the value for me at 0x0eef is 32 (I was confused because you said "setting the first byte" when it should be "the first bit", I think). It does remove the timer but only for the current area.
So next time I finish an area and the timer comes back, I must hexedit again, is that correct?
(because you said "I've unlocked all areas using this method and I've got all achievements", I assumed it was a one time deal, not that you actually finished all stages in all 30 areas completely and hexedited every time it was needed!)

Last edited by TheShadowRunner,

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
ok I just went ahaid and did it. I found the value for me at 0x0eef is 32 ...
So next time I finish an area and the timer comes back, I must hexedit again, is that correct?
Yes. If your value is 0x32 (the same as me, by the way), then you must set it to 0x31.
(although, your pic shows 0x33, which should be turned into 0x32)
And yes, I hexedited everytime the timer started counting.
you said "setting the first byte" when it should be "the first bit"
You are right. Fixed!

Last edited by marc_max,

TheShadowRunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. If your value is 0x32 (the same as me, by the way), then you must set it to 0x31.
(although, your pic shows 0x33, which should be turned into 0x32)
And yes, I hexedited everytime the timer started counting.
ok, thanks for these precisions. Yes my computed value (from your instruction) is 32, I come from 33 indeed.
But the fact you're on 31 when all areas are unlocked is interesting.. I wonder If I could use you current "everything unlocked" values and unlock all timers at once..
Is it possible for you to take a pic of your hexeditor at the same offsets as my pic above?
I have a hunch 0x0eac - 0x0eaf are relevant, maybe byte 0x0ef0 as well.. ^^;

TheShadowRunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm still interested in a solution to unlock the timers of all Areas at once, using the info from marc_max I created a cheat file for GW.
How to use:
1. Put the "cheats" folder at the root of GW red card.
2. Once the timer appears at the end of an area, go back to the main map.
3. Enable the "Unlock timer" code and go back into the Area with the timer, it should now be unlocked!
4. Disable the "Unlock timer" code and have fun (until the next blocked Area, in which you need to repeat the same procedure).
Hope it helps someone, sometimes.

Attachments

• cheats.zip
    207 bytes · Views: 257

TheShadowRunner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to unlock all Areas using gateway cheat
003022E4 FFFFFFFF
003022E8 FFFFFF01
103022EC 000001FF
Thanks, I tried it.
It did unlock all stages but relocked extra Area 31, and also opened Area 24 for some reason (when the previous Areas can't be accessed).
But the kupo fruits are sold out indeed in the shop so that's great.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I tried it.
It did unlock all stages but relocked extra Area 31, and also opened Area 24 for some reason (when the previous Areas can't be accessed).
But the kupo fruits are sold out indeed in the shop so that's great.
try 003022E8 FFFFFFFF and see if it unlocks Area 31

ZhenNexus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Looks like setting bytes from 0x0eb1 to 0x0eb5 to 0xff unlocks all areas, including 31 and 32.
I still have to find the exact bits that just unlock both of them, but this will do the trick for now :-)

@ZhenNexus do you happen to have an advanced savegame? I started playing it two weeks ago and I'm only at world 5. It would be helpful to have a savegame with everything unlocked but the locked areas.

Sorry for not responding for so long. Well, I can send you my own save with all 30 areas unlocked and 157 characters unlocked if you want. I don't have Areas 31 and 32 unlocked but I do have puzzles and characters from these areas. I need to unlock 3 more characters from Area 30 but I can't beat them.

Last edited by ZhenNexus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm