Homebrew Picroxx!, the ultimate Picross clone!

alg3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your files are corrupted, try to download it again. And don't download the latest files from GitHub, just download the 0.2 version.

I've tried all this, unfortunately. :(

I have the same problem booting any Lua apps on my 10.6 A9LH sysnand. You not running it the same way by any chance are you?

Unfortunately not. This is on a 9.2 sysnand with menuhax. What other Lua apps have you tried launching and I can see if I have trouble with those as well?

Last edited by alg3ds,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried all this, unfortunately. :(

Unfortunately not. This is on a 9.2 sysnand with menuhax. What other Lua apps have you tried launching and I can see if I have trouble with those as well?
Well I had trouble with the Gridlauncher updater and the 3ds cover flow downloader. If you're able to give those a try and see if they work for you it would really help to narrow down the problem! Thanks in advance :)

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I had trouble with the Gridlauncher updater and the 3ds cover flow downloader. If you're able to give those a try and see if they work for you it would really help to narrow down the problem! Thanks in advance :)
It looks like newer versions of LovePotion (newer than the latest release back in October) have really weird issues. My homebrew doesn't do boolean checks right, also registers A and B as pressed all the time (might be part of the first issue) and doesn't handle music quite right. Running both versions of Picroxx (both r2 and master) result in audio distortion after the second menu screen, like tracks playing over themselves and becoming corrupted/distorted. This is a O3DS on FW 10.3 w/ menuhax.

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I think that Substance12 has put this project on the back burner for now seeing as there have been no updates to the Github in over a month and the last one was something I pushed to it. If I get the chance after finals, I will try to pick up the project.

jimbo4273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job! It looks really good, and I like how you plan to pretty much combine the various Picross titles that are on the eShop currently, except Pokémon Picross, which is completely understandable.

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I think that Substance12 has put this project on the back burner for now seeing as there have been no updates to the Github in over a month and the last one was something I pushed to it. If I get the chance after finals, I will try to pick up the project.
Are you able to work on this yet?

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the only things missing levels? Because if the main engine is finished I would be more than glad to contribute levels to this.

reviving a half-year old thread. didn't think anyone had the balls to do that

From what I remember, the engine is practically complete. More info is available on previous pages. But I think you probably need the OP's permission to continue this project using their code.

Lotoonlink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reviving a half-year old thread. didn't think anyone had the balls to do that

From what I remember, the engine is practically complete. More info is available on previous pages. But I think you probably need the OP's permission to continue this project using their code.
Well he hasnt been on since more than a year so... no picross? :'(

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he hasnt been on since more than a year so... no picross? :'(
At this time no. The source code is up on GitHub and the engine is mostly done (I saw that since time trials and a few other things are not there). I plan on working on this over the winter break if time allows me. I really wanted this to be a thing and helped out the main dev but I think her life just got a bit too busy for side projects. At this point it might just be easier to mod the CIA for LOZ Picross.

Last edited by Jinnial,

Lotoonlink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this time no. The source code is up on GitHub and the engine is mostly done (I saw that since time trials and a few other things are not there). I plan on working on this over the winter break if time allows me. I really wanted this to be a thing and helped out the main dev but I think her life just got a bit too busy for side projects. At this point it might just be easier to mod the CIA for LOZ Picross.
Yeah, all I wanted was a free picross game for 3ds that didn't have stupid micro transactions. Now that Zelda Picross is released (or the preview is) I don't need this anymore.

Substance12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, I kinda figured

I might actually restart this project. I abandoned it because it was terribly coded and it was kinda unoptimized and I lost motivation, also because of school. I'll probably rewrite chunks of it and start adding levels again, since I'm a much better coder now, lol

eggwolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might actually restart this project. I abandoned it because it was terribly coded and it was kinda unoptimized and I lost motivation, also because of school. I'll probably rewrite chunks of it and start adding levels again, since I'm a much better coder now, lol
Please do! I'm so excited about this!

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome back, Substance12! I'm sure that you'll do a great job with Picroxx's rewrite.

Substance12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You could all say that the project has been officially restarted :teach:

The code is being rewritten on C++ instead of Lua, and I'm already making steady progress. It shouldn't take too long for a release, considering most of the time spent into making the first version of the game consisted on making assets and porting levels. More news to come!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.