ROM Hack Picross 3D: Round 2 All Amiibo Levels Unlocker

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Rohul1997
Same request :)
I have a .sav on SD card as I am using Gateway, made from EUR 3ds game. I tried to use your tool but it is not unlocking any Amiibo :(
nvm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

euro/pal version is now out (cartridge). Will this tool get support for it?
@Rohul1997
Same request :)
I have a .sav on SD card as I am using Gateway, made from EUR 3ds game. I tried to use your tool but it is not unlocking any Amiibo :(
Been told you can use this to export the SAVEDATA file https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/

Last edited by Rohul1997,

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nvm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Been told you can use this to export the SAVEDATA file https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/
@Rohul1997
Sorry to ask this but I am a noob.
Could you explain what I need to do before using your tool? I don't understand why I need to export my save data file, whereas this save data file is already on my SD.

Indeed the .3ds is on microSD in Gateway as card 1 game one, and a sav is automatically available on root of the SD card.

Last edited by Wargla,

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Rohul1997
Sorry to ask this but I am a noob.
Could you explain what I need to do before using your tool? I don't understand why I need to export my save data file, whereas this save data file is already on my SD. Indeed the .3ds is on microSD in Gateway as card 1 game one, and a sav is automatically available on root of the SD card.
yh you would still need to export it because you can't modify the .sav file just like that. you need to follow this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/ in order to get the SAVEDATA file so it can be used with my tool

Reactions: Columbo2811

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yh you would still need to export it because you can't modify the .sav file just like that. you need to follow this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/ in order to get the SAVEDATA file so it can be used with my tool
OK, so basically I need to convert my .3ds save file to eShop save file with savedatafiler, then use your tool, then convert it again to .3ds save file with savedatafiler, right ?
I highlighted the game in main menu of 3ds, then launched savedatafiler. My save .sav is of course on root of the SD card.
But in savedatafiler, in "user" tab, when I highlight "CTR Card", it is written "-- broken --", and pressing Y then A don't have any effect...
Do you have any idea what is the issue ? Thanks for your help.

guicrith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a shared 3ds and my save file is slot 3 could you make it unlock amiibo on all save slots if save data is present, or open source it and let me add that?

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey just found this as it was something I always was looking for! Thanks for working on this.

Sadly, when I tried to apply to my save file, it wiped all my data and didn't add in any amiibo puzzles :( . I can send my JKSV file (before and after) if necessary.

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey just found this as it was something I always was looking for! Thanks for working on this.

Sadly, when I tried to apply to my save file, it wiped all my data and didn't add in any amiibo puzzles :( . I can send my JKSV file (before and after) if necessary.
Hmm. Sure would be great if you could send me both

Reactions: peteruk

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Fixed, grab latest build from release.

I also advise everyone else to grab latest build.

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fixed, grab latest build from release.

I also advise everyone else to grab latest build.

Hey thanks so much for updating this!

I took a look and tried to run again. This time, it says on the computer my Save 1 isn't unlocked, but the other two slots are unlocked. When I restore back on my 3DS, it says in Save 1 again my puzzle progress is gone (even though my name and stuff is still there).

In the save I send you, were you able to see it successfully applied? Perhaps it might be easier just to send that save back?
I did notice in my save I sent you (before running this), I did have one amiibo puzzle unlocked already (Yoshi), since I do own that amiibo. Not sure perhaps if that might be the issue?

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks so much for updating this!

I took a look and tried to run again. This time, it says on the computer my Save 1 isn't unlocked, but the other two slots are unlocked. When I restore back on my 3DS, it says in Save 1 again my puzzle progress is gone (even though my name and stuff is still there).

In the save I send you, were you able to see it successfully applied? Perhaps it might be easier just to send that save back?
I did notice in my save I sent you (before running this), I did have one amiibo puzzle unlocked already (Yoshi), since I do own that amiibo. Not sure perhaps if that might be the issue?
Hmm dunno. When I loaded the save in-game it looked like it unlocked the levels fine. Anyways I'm gonna send you the save, try that and tell me whats wrong if there is anything wrong

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm dunno. When I loaded the save in-game it looked like it unlocked the levels fine. Anyways I'm gonna send you the save, try that and tell me whats wrong if there is anything wrong
Did you guys ever figure this out? Just trying on my save and it messes things up, wipes most but not all of my level clearing progress, and comes up with welcome messages like it's a new save. It did that when I used your tool, so I tried hex editing like this - only changed the first byte as a test - and it still happened. This is with the USA release of the game, maybe that's what @apt4893 was using too? As I previously did the hex edit successfully with the Japanese release.

Rohul1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you guys ever figure this out? Just trying on my save and it messes things up, wipes most but not all of my level clearing progress, and comes up with welcome messages like it's a new save. It did that when I used your tool, so I tried hex editing like this - only changed the first byte as a test - and it still happened. This is with the USA release of the game, maybe that's what @apt4893 was using too? As I previously did the hex edit successfully with the Japanese release.
Dunno he never replied after that. But I was using the EUR version of the game and imported his USA save and everything seemed fine and the levels also unlocked fine. All levels stayed in tact

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu