DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. So it seems that not one of the three DVD burners in my possession are compatible with the BurnerMax Payload Tool. Guess it's time to buy one that is.

Can someone confirm this iHas drive on Newegg as one that is at least compatible with the BurnerMax tool?

To further cause problems, I only have laptops in my home. This internal drive would need a USB adapter. Something like this?

Thanks!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an IHAS124b drive that i had gotten before burner max was even announced, has been a good drive have good burns on even cheap Memorex media with the media code edited in the burner max firmware for Ritek-s04-66 to burn at 2.4x speed.
If you need it just as a dvd burner for 360 games i'd suggest i the 124b, if you need lightscribe or some other features then any one of the other ihas drives will work.
Oh yeah and be sure it is a revision B drive or other compatible version of the ihas124 line, if not it may not work, and as far as adapters for your laptop you may want to get a good enclosure, newegg should have some cheap ones.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd also go for an iHAS.
Then you're sure of one that works ;]
Here's a list of known cross flashable drives.

If you go for an 124b one, you can flash it to (iirc 424 or 524..) an higher revision if you want to.
Internally, their pretty much all the same (the base line model and the bit higher ones)
It just comes down to firmware ;]

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got one today, seems to be a good drive so far but it is model W and not compatible with the payload tool. Model B's had been discontinued for a year now... man can't believe it's almost mid 2013 now

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got one today, seems to be a good drive so far but it is model W and not compatible with the payload tool. Model B's had been discontinued for a year now... man can't believe it's almost mid 2013 now

So you bought the same one I listed in the link? I thought the Payload Tool worked on 'all' iHas drives? Or I guess just A, B, C, and D models?

124B's can be found on eBay, but the price is a bit steep considering I'll also need to buy an enclosure (which seem to run $30-ish). I'd seriously settle for the cheapest BurnerMax Tool-compatible drive at this point.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you bought the same one I listed in the link? I thought the Payload Tool worked on 'all' iHas drives? Or I guess just A, B, C, and D models?

124B's can be found on eBay, but the price is a bit steep considering I'll also need to buy an enclosure (which seem to run $30-ish). I'd seriously settle for the cheapest BurnerMax Tool-compatible drive at this point.
i just checked ebay, holy cow it is insane that 124B's are so expensive considering before the BurnerMax firmware was released i got mine on sale off newegg for $15 shipped.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i just checked ebay, holy cow it is insane that 124B's are so expensive considering before the BurnerMax firmware was released i got mine on sale off newegg for $15 shipped.

People see they can make money off off it.
It's disgusting really.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, I bought the iHas124 off Newegg last week. It is a NEC chipset which I loved as it will burn just about anything. I tested the BurnerMAX tool out of curiosity and none of my NEC drives is compatible.

If you are willing to do your own research, there are a bunch of used older crossflashable drives on eBay. You could narrow them down by DOM and the compatible dates other have shared.

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Received the drive yesterday, got it up and running today. It worked with the Payload tool, but I didn't test it. I went ahead and flashed it with the BurnerMax firmware. Burned a few games. No errors. The KProbe results are a bit over the guidelines, but that'll be an ongoing battle.

For posterity's sake, the TEAC DV-W524GSB-100 that i purchased from ebay seller lanacc appears to be the cheapest option currently available for those looking for an iHas clone. The listing I bought my drive from has ended, but the seller seems to resupply on a regular basis. Hopefully this helps out anyone in the future looking for such a drive.

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Received the drive yesterday, got it up and running today. It worked with the Payload tool, but I didn't test it. I went ahead and flashed it with the BurnerMax firmware. Burned a few games. No errors. The KProbe results are a bit over the guidelines, but that'll be an ongoing battle.

For posterity's sake, the TEAC DV-W524GSB-100 that i purchased from ebay seller lanacc appears to be the cheapest option currently available for those looking for an iHas clone. The listing I bought my drive from has ended, but the seller seems to resupply on a regular basis. Hopefully this helps out anyone in the future looking for such a drive.

thanks for this, we have 1 laptop so this is a bit of more good news for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn