Physics Confusion - Angular Velocity

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi again guys, I am back with a bit of confusion in Physics again... sorry about that.
I was able to do everything in my homework except this one problem.

Your bicycle tires have a radius of 0.33 m. It takes you 850 seconds to ride 14 times counterclockwise around a circular track of radius 73 m at constant speed. (a) What is the angular velocity of the bicycle around the track?

[bike]r = 0.33m
2pi*.33

[track]r = 73m
2pi*73*14 (14 times around)

Wf = Wi + a*t
Wf^2=Wi^2+2a*changeoftheta
changeoftheta=Wit+.5*a*t^2

I am unsure where to start other than finding the circumference. :|
Please help, I need to understand this. I feel like I am missing something obvious, because I figured out how to do all the other angular velocity problems.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All the radii are pointless. You just need the period. Think of what an angle 14 full counterclockwise rotations are, and think of how big an angle you thus move ahead every second.

Reactions: jonthedit

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the bike tire radius.
(2pi*73m*14)/850s=7.554m/s
To get the angular velocity, just divide the linear velocity above by 73m to get 0.103 (rad)/s

Reactions: jonthedit

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
All the radii are pointless. You just need the period. Think of what an angle 14 full counterclockwise rotations are, and think of how big an angle you thus move ahead every second.

Ignore the bike tire radius.
(2pi*73m*14)/850s=7.554m/s
To get the angular velocity, just divide the linear velocity above by 73m to get 0.103 (rad)/s

I am such a moron! Thanks a bunch guys! I just got freaked out about the radius.
:|
I've been doing that on the other ones, can't believe I just assumed it wasn't the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.