Hacking Photo Channel vWii installer - can it be done?

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for testing out ;)

The freeze can be due to the fact that v3 may request some SD function that are not present in IOS31 but are only present in IOS61; did you try a non-SDHC card and see if the freeze persists ?
The freeze happens in the system menu's data management>sd card (happens on all sd cards I try and also does it when no sd card is inserted)
the photo channel works great!!! It just bugs the system menu VERY slightly like my custom mii channel, thanks! :D
i'll write more below

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for testing out ;)

The freeze can be due to the fact that v3 may request some SD function that are not present in IOS31 but are only present in IOS61; did you try a non-SDHC card and see if the freeze persists ?

Maybe this old sven post may help someone to understand the problem.

Its not photo channel freezing, it's the system menu when you go to data management>sd card then it freezes :c
happens with all sd cards I try and when no sd cards inside :P
When I install the old mii channel in vWii (With a different id of course) it does work fine but has the same problem as this (I uninstalled that mii channel a while back)

The photo channel works GREAT! other than that!

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok heres my results
*allows you to post to wii menu (due to 1.1)
*Works with sdhc, how? Instead of changing to ios 31, change to ios 58! that has usb 2.0 and sdhc support!!!
DOWNSIDES!
*Data management will freeze when going to sd card
*If you go to data management, then exit and go to the wii menu, it will freeze too
keep that in mind, if you want to delete save data, use wiimod lite or multi mod manager to delete save data otherwise it will freeze
otherwise its stable and has sdhc and save icon to channel support
Fixed, just be patient

Here it is on the home menu (Changed the menu icon in photo channel making it say 'ironic channel'
DSC00033.JPG

the banner after I posted to the home menu
DSC00034.JPG

the screenshot was when I got 1.0 on vWii and saved a picture on my sd card and now tonight, I loaded the old picture in photo 1.1 (SDHC card btw) and put ironic on there

Here is the photo channel in action
DSC00035.JPG

It says Only sd cards are compatible but due to it using IOS58 IT'S WRONG :O

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

lol

The card I used
DSC00038.JPG

So yay! thanks to all of us, we managed to get photo channel 1.1 with sdhc! (I think ios61 has the sdhc thingy so thats why ios31 didn't work)

here's the WAD - Photo channel 1.1b HAYA - SDHC - IOS58
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28742532/wii stuff/Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58.wad
WARNING!!!! THIS WILL MAKE DATA MANAGEMENT IN THE WII MENU BUGGY! IF YOU WANT TO DELETE SAVE FILES ETC, (Channels works fine)
USE WIIMOD LITE OR MULTI MOD MANAGER!
Aspers non-sdhc version - Photo channel 1.1b HAYA- NONSDHC - IOS31
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qmno3a

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you with 1.1b ? What is the "b" ? You mean v2 ? NUS has v1, v2 and v3, not a, b etc. I think we should use NUS naming system, not custom ones.

Anyway good idea to base the channel to IOS58 to surely have SDHC support ;)

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
What do you with 1.1b ? What is the "b" ? You mean v2 ? NUS has v1, v2 and v3, not a, b etc. I think we should use NUS naming system, not custom ones.

Anyway good idea to base the channel to IOS58 to surely have SDHC support ;)
Nus v3 shows as 1.1b on the wii and Nus v2 already uses IOS31 but it does not show up on the wii menu unless you change its id from HAYA to something else and it says 1.1a on the wii menu, Nus v1 probably says 1.1 and thats it :P

EDIT: look in the top left of this screenshot
DSC00035.JPG

It's V3 in the NUS but shows as 1.1b etc

Reactions: asper

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just to confirm, your modified WAD does provide SDHC support, correct? I only ask because I have successfully installed Photo Channel 1.1 already on vWii using Dop-Mii, I just don't have SDHC support.

For your weather channel, were you able to get it to work? I have it installed successfully and I use ConnectMii to turn on WiiConnect24, but the channel itself does not connect (gives Nintendo Network Error msg); same with the Nintendo Channel. However, the News Channel and Everybody Votes channels do work correctly.

What other channels are you trying to install on your vWii?
By the way is connectmii safe? it won't corrupt the nand right?

EDIT: YAY WIICONNECT24 TURNS ON, but news channel and weather channel don't work for me e.g.
'Unable to download the latest information.'

and mii channel says 'You don't have any registered friends'
and 'Looks like nobodys home...'
foreveralone.jpg

EDIT2: got news channel working buy spamming it xD

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
There is no reason it should, although it comes with no warranty. The only file it modifies gets reset whenever you enter vWii mode.
It looks fine to me now :P
also the everybody votes channel doesn't have a ticket on the nus downloader, what if I install the old shop channel (as a different ID) and get all the missing things from the shop channel available?
like everybody votes channel and today and tomorrow channel etc?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks fine to me now :P
also the everybody votes channel doesn't have a ticket on the nus downloader, what if I install the old shop channel (as a different ID) and get all the missing things from the shop channel available?
like everybody votes channel and today and tomorrow channel etc?
You'd be better off just finding them online. There are wads everywhere. Just google the channel name + "wad". You could also dump them off a Wii if you have one.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if someone modify cIOS installer to install a cIOS on slot 61 (or install IOS58 in slot 61) and then install the unmodified Photo Channel 1.1v3 (1.1b) maybe the System Menu freeze problems should be gone.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOWNSIDES!
*Data management will freeze when going to sd card
*If you go to data management, then exit and go to the wii menu, it will freeze too

It seems it does with IOS58 and Photo Channel 1.1v3.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
But it SHOULDN'T. That's what it weird. Maybe something with the tmd is messed up, I don't know. What program did you use to change the IOS?
I used customizemii to change the ios
supposedly the vWii is installing it as a normal channel rather than a system channel (can't delete system channels in channel management) so somehow we gotta install it as system channel to prevent the system crash because you can delete it from channel management which is weird :\

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I used customizemii to change the ios
supposedly the vWii is installing it as a normal channel rather than a system channel (can't delete system channels in channel management) so somehow we gotta install it as system channel to prevent the system crash because you can delete it from channel management which is weird :\
Oh, that makes sense.
Download Sharpii, place it in the same directory as "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58.wad", and save this to a file called "ChangeType.bat" (again in the same directory).
Code:
sharpii wad -e "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58.wad" "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58 - System.wad" -type SystemChannels
Then run it. It will create a file called "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58 - System.wad" that will install as a proper System Channel.

Reactions: Dragon91Nippon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night