Android Phantom of the Kill SRPG for Android/iOS

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks to be as blatant a Fire Emblem ripoff as Sword Requiem, only this time it's Awakening instead of FE4, and with actual production values.

I'd still probably try it out if it received an English release, though.

Incoty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did any one you by any chance download/save the BGM that was on the teaser website from the 25th of August till early September? It was mainly piano if I remember correctly.

It played during the teaser video: https://t.co/ypY6xqLQKF

If you have it or know someone who might, please reply.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I briefly looked into it and it seems like the game requires something like 1.7-1.8GB of space; given the amount of 3D assets and such I guess it's probably not that surprising, Dragon Quest VIII takes up at least 1.5GB.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After the update it is 1,09gb but to update the game it is required to have 2gb space left .... Took me about 2 hours on my nexus to update the game.

Game is nice and all but it crashes on me very often and even switches my background from an animated one to just plain black oO

If they update so that this won't happen as much as it does right now it might be really enyoable.

P.S. it is playable without or at least with only a tiny little bit of Japanese knowledge but as always it would be much more fun to actually understand the story

I am not that strong yet but if you want add me

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if it's cool to bump after over a year and a half, but I guess this came out internationally this week. Slightly less blatant of a FE ripoff than I expected; instead of being entirely shameless in the vein of Sword Requiem or Partia it feels more like an adaptation of Fire Emblem's battle system (or a simplified imitation, at least, but including the weapon triangle and friendship-based stat boosts) to a microtransaction-heavy mobile environment.

Pay hard-to-obtain in-game currency to get a random pull of new units, or better versions of what you have, etc.; play a couple maps and wait for your energy to refill, or pay to refill it. Basically standard mobile fare.

Judging by my first set of pulls this game is even more waifubait than the 3DS Fire Emblem games; I think I got one male character out of the first set of ten and the three starting characters.

Might just be because I've only played a couple battles, but there seems to be no real strategic depth - even your weak units are completely capable of one-shotting bosses, the first few maps have no more than 3-4 enemies, etc.

A party is also limited to five units plus a friend unit, which sort of justifies the small matchups at the beginning, but it's pretty boring.

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't use this as the model for whatever mobile Fire Emblem they have planned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans