game still in japanese (Seeing as most
things are in 98%)...

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only text left in game that I know of is the opening and some of the white text between chapters that are images that we have not figured out the image format yet. We are around 98-99% complete. Not sure if we will ever be 100%. This game is a major improvement over the PS2 version. It plays much faster and does not seem to lag like the PS2 version. Once you play the PSP version, you will not want to go back to the PS2 version.

Layla9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I... Never played the PS2 version...
I wanted to play this game because
there are prinnies and Asagi i've heard
so many good things about this game,
and i'm also a disgaea fan...
Are those texts important in the story?
(As in... Will there be something i'll not
be able to understand without them?)

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The text mostly in the intro talks about the demon world and sets up the story. I would watch the Youtube video to get the text: The first minutes covers what you need to know.

The rest mostly talk about how many worlds are left to conquer and not really add much to the story..

Layla9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So... If i watch the intro (Please tell me
that video has the japanese audio), i
can play the rest of the game without
further problems (Aside from the possible
bugs the thing may have)?

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No japanese audio so you must suffer from the english voice cast that was horrible :-P

It only about 1 min long that you need to see... I think its not fatal...

Yes you can make it all the way through the game in English with the patch without missing anything...

Layla9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
(I didn't understand the instructions...
What must i do?)
I hope the english voices aren't worse than
Gordon's english voice in the first disgaea...
*gulp* wish me luck...

EDIT: hey, the voices aren't that bad!
You lied to me!

Reactions: Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In general, for the most part, NISA does some very good voice casting for their games. Makai Kingdom was an especially good case in terms of casting, especially for Overlord Zetta-- it's just a shame they couldn't keep Crispin Freeman in future games, but the voice actor industry, especially in the west, is a whooole other mess that one doesn't need to get into.

... also I didn't mind Gordon's voice in Disgaea 1... But he was meant to be a loud ham regardless, evokative of the older space action shows/tropes, so his voice fit well with what they were going for. Kinda like how Mao's nasally nerdy voice in English fit a lot better to me than his Japanese voice. Shoot, I'm willing to say I actually prefer the English VAs when it comes to NIS game-- a lot more feeling and emotion seems to go behind them. long as we're not talking about the extra chapters in Disgaea 3 Vita. uggh. UGGGHH...

Macromute

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why am I getting this error?

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
I read elsewhere that it means that my ROM is incorrect. I wish I could find the correct version :wtf:

Sorry I am just extremely eager to start playing this game, I researched constantly about ports and translations to no avail up until now.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why am I getting this error?

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
I read elsewhere that it means that my ROM is incorrect. I wish I could find the correct version :wtf:

Sorry I am just extremely eager to start playing this game, I researched constantly about ports and translations to no avail up until now.
You should read the first post more correctly :blink:
Phantom_Kingdom_Portable_JPN_PSP-Caravan (filename cvn-pkp.iso)

Macromute

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should read the first post more correctly :blink:
Phantom_Kingdom_Portable_JPN_PSP-Caravan (filename cvn-pkp.iso)

Yeah I read that correctly. I just had not realized the ISO I needed was all the way packed in a file within a file! Unpacked it and patched it. Sorry never had to patch a ROM before.

Darkiller666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After making the patching process my iso decreased considerably... Only 320MB now. And this message appeared at the end of the process:
uoBMGFg.png

Happened to version 9.3. With version 9.2 everything is ok.
Any clues?

EDIT: The ISO with 320mb don't work at all.
EDIT2: Already solved. The problem was that I downloaded the patch incomplete. Had only 3.1MB.

Playing rigth now!! :yaypsp:

Reactions: Linka

Layla9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In general, for the most part, NISA does some very good voice casting for their games. Makai Kingdom was an especially good case in terms of casting, especially for Overlord Zetta-- it's just a shame they couldn't keep Crispin Freeman in future games, but the voice actor industry, especially in the west, is a whooole other mess that one doesn't need to get into.

... also I didn't mind Gordon's voice in Disgaea 1... But he was meant to be a loud ham regardless, evokative of the older space action shows/tropes, so his voice fit well with what they were going for. Kinda like how Mao's nasally nerdy voice in English fit a lot better to me than his Japanese voice. Shoot, I'm willing to say I actually prefer the English VAs when it comes to NIS game-- a lot more feeling and emotion seems to go behind them. long as we're not talking about the extra chapters in Disgaea 3 Vita. uggh. UGGGHH...

I honestly found Gordon nnoying in both, but what did make me upset
was Kurtis... While his japanese voice was so cool and fitting (at least in
my opinion), his english voice was... I don't want to remember it...
Though the prinnies' voices are one of the few i didn't like in japanese
but loved in english, and Hoggmeiser... He did good in both, honestly...

Well, i'm currently playing the patch, will the saves
be compatible with future versions of the patch?

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I swear this project is my kryptonite. I said I'd work on this and a paper I wrote got accepted but I have to correct it this month. So this is on the backburner again (mea culpa) but its still on my mind.

I've already put up my code for this, so if anyone wants to take a crack at fixing the stuff that's a problem, I can likely spare time to answer any questions you may have about bizarre stuff I did via emails, or provide general help.

XpanD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, folks! Been a while since I was last on here. Hope you've all been great. :)

Just read through all the stuff that was posted since I stopped playing, and noticed the following.

Excuse me pls but
I patched the game and put it on my psp
But when I load the game the entire base just goes O.B
Any ideas? °³°

I don't know if this is still an issue, but I'd like to add my own two cents here. I've seen this happen a few times too, including one time where it seemed to keep coming back (and I was forced to reload an older save state). I vaguely recall this being at the end of either chapter 5 or chapter 6, while having picked Salome. However, I've also seen it happen randomly when coming back to the base, for example after finishing a dungeon run.

It happened often enough that I took to savestating before coming back to the base, which seems to work fine. A good way to test for that issue is to go to the one tiny map with the big building that you have to jump into, and then just complete that a bunch. If it's an issue for everybody, it should eventually trigger after you beat the level.

With all of the above said, I spent a crazy amount of time maxing the entire game, so I've probably encountered it a bit more than most. Considering it's not something everybody seems to be reporting, it might just be something on our ends somehow interfering (PPSSPP dev channel for me, real PSP for Viralz -- have not yet tested dev versions that came out after I stopped playing).

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a real hard time reproducing it which makes it impossible to fix. I have played through the game at least 6 times on the PSP and I have yet to encounter it.

Part of me is wondering if its part of the original game... I have found some "bugs" in the original game. Their are also some graphic glitches as well that were never fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1