Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

DarkHao

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So much time has passed... I'm sure that the version that is available now, are fully translated, stable and playable . But someone (and we know who) decided don`t to share even the beta version of the translation, also completely forget about everyone. It`s a pure selfishness!!! And u know what? The worst thing is that everyone hopes, they wait, they believe that one day a miracle will happen. But instead of saying that it was done for themselves, in response there will be only excuses and an appeal to wait further. For what u say? For some lulz of cource..:yaypsp: And in the long run no one will receive anything. Almost no one, but you yourself understand what I mean.:sleep:

Reactions: luckymouse0

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much time has passed... I'm sure that the version that is available now, are fully translated, stable and playable . But someone (and we know who) decided don`t to share even the beta version of the translation, also completely forget about everyone. It`s a pure selfishness!!! And u know what? The worst thing is that everyone hopes, they wait, they believe that one day a miracle will happen. But instead of saying that it was done for themselves, in response there will be only excuses and an appeal to wait further. For what u say? For some lulz of cource..:yaypsp: And in the long run no one will receive anything. Almost no one, but you yourself understand what I mean.:sleep:
Yeah, how selfish of these guys that are translating this game for free to take their time and not release it until its done. SO SELFISH.

jfc some people

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something seems to be going on with the translation but we need progress reports on this. the silence is not a good sign
Do you guys even read the thread itself? Weyu gave an update on the last page. Are they supposed to pop in a couple times a week to say"Hey, Jam still doin other shit, sorry", would that be better?

Merik2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys even read the thread itself? Weyu gave an update on the last page. Are they supposed to pop in a couple times a week to say"Hey, Jam still doin other shit, sorry", would that be better?
Honestly, I would just like an update from Jam himself. Something along the lines of:
"Hey guys, sorry for my prolonged absence. I don't know when I'll be able to find time to work on finishing this up, but it won't be any sooner than x date".
It's not much, but it'd put us at ease.

Reactions: WhiteWhisps

Merik2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should form a new translation project? I honestly doubt this one will ever come out and it'll save us a lot of time.
If someone were to do that it'd be best to get as much of the work already done by this current team and go from there. However, I know that the major reason nothing like this has happened is because a lot of this game's code is fairly proprietary and Jam is one of the few modders with any real hands on experience with it. It's a bit of a learning curve.

Gameboy Color

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone were to do that it'd be best to get as much of the work already done by this current team and go from there. However, I know that the major reason nothing like this has happened is because a lot of this game's code is fairly proprietary and Jam is one of the few modders with any real hands on experience with it. It's a bit of a learning curve.
I doubt we will and all the time we're waiting for this to come out we could be working on it. I legit think at this point it would be better if we start fresh with something open cause these people have shown they aren't ever going to release anything.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys, either wait patiently for a translation, learn Japanese or translate the game yourselves. Dont just be like "These people are bad. Somebody else should do something."
If everyone was like this, we'd never have any fan translations.

Reactions: Korma and xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, either wait patiently for a translation, learn Japanese or translate the game yourselves. Dont just be like "These people are bad. Somebody else should do something."
Not that anyone is entitled to being frustrated, I do understand it. This is a project I've been passionately checking since it was started, so I'm still really looking forward to it. I don't think it's unfair to say that if Jam has truly given up on it (which there's no problem with, this is free and completely voluntary) that it would be an act of good-faith to release his source to the public so someone else can take a swing at it, without starting over.

Though I do think there's probably movement happening on this behind the scenes and the next time we'll hear about it officially will be Weyu trying to keep the peace when it gets too rowdy, or Jam releasing the patch and/or source. Regardless, I'll wait or eventually pay someone. Lol

Nessly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that anyone is entitled to being frustrated, I do understand it. This is a project I've been passionately checking since it was started, so I'm still really looking forward to it. I don't think it's unfair to say that if Jam has truly given up on it (which there's no problem with, this is free and completely voluntary) that it would be an act of good-faith to release his source to the public so someone else can take a swing at it, without starting over.

Though I do think there's probably movement happening on this behind the scenes and the next time we'll hear about it officially will be Weyu trying to keep the peace when it gets too rowdy, or Jam releasing the patch and/or source. Regardless, I'll wait or eventually pay someone. Lol
For reals! I wouldn't be against contributing to a tip jar either! I'm sure many other people would gladly as well! ;D

GorillaGD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They not?
Nope, they're super humans! But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be putting people high up on the pedestal just because the rest are us are too lazy to do it ourselves

Truth be told, it would be simpler just to release what they have now as is and let someone who actually has time on their hands come along and continue where they left off instead of just making everyone wait for them to eventually get on it and release it in it's complete form. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little suspicious about how much time its taking Jam to get around to this though, being too busy for many months on end to spare even a few minutes to give a progress report at least once a month shouldn't be possible without potentially putting yourself in the hospital from exhaustion. Hopefully we don't have a Square Enix situation on our hands.

Last edited by GorillaGD,

rro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nope, they're super humans! But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be putting people high up on the pedestal just because the rest are us are too lazy to do it ourselves

Truth be told, it would be simpler just to release what they have now as is and let someone who actually has time on their hands come along and continue where they left off instead of just making everyone wait for them to eventually get on it and release it in it's complete form. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little suspicious about how much time its taking Jam to get around to this though, being too busy for many months on end to spare even a few minutes to give a progress report at least once a month shouldn't be possible without potentially putting yourself in the hospital from exhaustion. Hopefully we don't have a Square Enix situation on our hands.

Well, it's not that simple to be honest. I often saw a project which is being abandoned, then was taken over by another group, just to ended up being abandoned once again. People might say "just give me your tools and let me do the job if you don't have time for it", but in reality, once they find out how hard is it to do, they ended up given up as well. Most of the time, they think that the project isn't that big and think that they can do it alone. But then, they found out that it isn't that easy, and in need of a team or a help from other people to finish it. And once they found out how hard is it to gather the required team, they ended up giving up as well.

So, the easiest and most simple way to play the game is by learning japanese yourself. With a crash course of 6 months or so, and with the help of dictionary, you may already play any game you want. And not just this game. It's much more simple than waiting for other people to translate the game for you, considering translating a single game requires months or years (even if they continuing other people's project).

But then again, most people are simply TOO LAZY TOO PUT THE EFFORT THEMSELF, and hoping for other people to do the job for them. And if the team didn't perform as well as they hope, they complaining and whining here. Seriously.

Reactions: seseiSeki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...