Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JamRules, Jul 5, 2014.

1. thiagoblin

thiagoblin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Hi!

I created this account just to say thanks to everyone involved with this project. I bought a PSP just to play PSP series, and I'm pretty excited to play PSP2i soon =D

Weyu likes this.
  2. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi @Weyu and @JamRules , are you still on this? Not caring that much about progress, just don't want to see your work lost.

retrohead likes this.
  3. Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny Bunny from Japan

Feb 27, 2016
    Japan
    Shinjuku
    Giving supported, I guess.

4. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2014
    Netherlands
    I haven't heard from Jam, which is worrisome but not much I can do about it.
    I just hope that he's taking an extended break and isn't dealing with translation projects right now but will be back soon. So let's wait and see what happens.

And yeah, I feel the same way. I spent many hundreds of hours on this so I'm the person that wants to see this succeed the most.
    I realize this is sucky news, but let's try to keep the drama at a minimum, perhaps it's not a big deal at all.
    We've been doing this for several years now, so seeing him be gone for a couple months is not that big a deal in the scheme of things, at least that's how I see it.

Last edited by Weyu, May 21, 2017
    sephurchin, Jeffiroi, SMVB64 and 3 others like this.
  5. xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Time to hire John Carmack to help with the project. Lol

6. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    Glad to know how things are. It is what it is, so no rushing.

7. IncognitoMan

IncognitoMan Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Whats the situation exactly? If it's just some hacks to adjust drawing of text boxes/character limits I might be of some help since I'm doing just that on another game... ( taking a break for now since the code makes me want to poke my eyes out )

Lemme know if I can be of any help and I'll try to poke at it.

8. ThatTEMPguy

ThatTEMPguy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    United States
    Hopefully all is well with the project, i've been itching to play the expansion!

9. ineedPSP2i

ineedPSP2i Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Sorry to hear that! You guys are always welcome to come to Clementine and play PSU if you want your fix until things get back on track with this particular project.

10. True Echo

True Echo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2014
    Poland
    Thats bad news:( Taking few months break wihtout telling anyone in his two projects? Thats strange even when rage quitting you always telling someone:)

11. xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    I think I've checked this forum everyday for the last few years. If this project were to die, I'd literally hire someone to take it and finish it. Hopefully Jam just took a temporary break.

12. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    I hope this isn't the end. I wish i could help in some way, but you have my support. I hope to play this in English before i die. lol

13. Goofy Time

Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Here's hoping this gets finished. People vanishing from projects is typically not a good sign... :(

14. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    @Weyu and @JamRules I trust ylu guys are working hard, not hardly working on this epic project :-)
    Still remember when.I heard about this long time ago. Don't let my dreams die.
    Keep it up!

15. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2014
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the offer, but we're already past that stage. We basically have almost everything working regarding the UI and the translation itself.
    Last I heard from Jam, the re-compressed files did not 1:1 match the original files which caused freezes, but he was working on it and getting closer to figuring out what the problem was.
    But since a while I haven't heard from him. As said before, I hope he's just super busy or something and that he'll reappear eventually.

Fefo, sephurchin and Jeffiroi like this.
  16. Rigle

Rigle GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2008
    Spain
    I'm really willing to see this finished, I hope they'll give us news soon :)

17. RanbowNSpsp2i

RanbowNSpsp2i Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Italy
    Guys but if you must leave the project ( thing that i hope no :-( ), upload the file directly no? however it's hard but there is a few to do or not?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

:-)

18. IilliI

IilliI Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Really hope Jam returns!

Will you guys/gals working on this accept donations to help motivate to complete the patch?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2014
    Netherlands
    It's not really a question of motivation, but that Jam is MIA still.
    As for donations, I wouldn't feel right taking them with the current situation, which is out of my hands.
    Money was never the incentive for this, I'm just a fan of the game so I liked working on it.

Once the project is closer to completion I might open a channel for people to show their appreciation should they wish to do so (hey, free money), but that's not the case right now.

SMVB64, luckymouse0, Jeffiroi and 2 others like this.
  20. retrohead

retrohead GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2003
    Manchester
    So painful to read. I hope all this hard work does not go to waste

SMVB64 and xBladeM6x like this.