Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Tsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, just made an account to say thanks for making this for non Japanese Players,
and good luck to those working on it. :bow:

Reactions: Weyu

Kyokkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually gave up on this pretty quickly back in the day. The idea that anyone would translate it and actually complete it.

It's great to see people are still working on something like this.

I did replay PSP2 recently again on emulator but that made me realize that as fun as grinding for weapons was and how addicting the equipment progression thing is that it has a number of flaws that keep it from being its best and can be downright frustrating to deal with.

Then of course PSP2I addresses many of those issues. A shame that Japan never wants our money.

I'll eagerly be looking forward to the completion of this, I'm sure there are many that feel the same. I really hate playing a game I can't read and I don't trust myself to be capable of teaching myself Japanese, I'd need the time to take a proper course.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've thought about making a PSP2 save that I could get to cap in and transfer to PSP2i when this is done, but the stuff that changed in PSP2i is so good...

I kinda have trouble where I lose interest after a while (usually around level 80-90) but I think playing with other people would solve that. Though Evolve as a platform has been going downhill last time I checked (they were adding ads and such) and that aside getting PSP2i multiplayer to work at all on Windows 7 is a hassle.

Maybe by the time this is finished I'll have a W10 PC though lol

willjb

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.

Just wanted to thank you all who are working on the patch, really appreciate the hard work.
On another note does anyone have a copy of DeviFoxx's PSP2i English translation guide? (The website has been down for some time now) if so any chance of sending it to me?

Would be much appreciated, thanks.

SpicySausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured this would be a good place to ask.
Trying to unlock Flowen's PC and whenever I start MA II ∞ I get a message and then I'm kicked back to the mission counter.
I think I need some sort of ticket the do the quest, any idea on what it is? searching on google gets me nothing.

Illuminado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured this would be a good place to ask.
Trying to unlock Flowen's PC and whenever I start MA II ∞ I get a message and then I'm kicked back to the mission counter.
I think I need some sort of ticket the do the quest, any idea on what it is? searching on google gets me nothing.
Are you trying the MAI II that is highlighted in orange? If so I think you need some kind of tickets for those. There should be a regular MAI II that is not highlighted in orange, just plain white text. You can play that one with no pre requisite. They are identical missions I believe

PS: Keep up the good work team! Positive vibes are always being sent your way

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas everybody!

I was hoping this would be ready before the year ended but apparently not, and with the Phantasy Star Universe private server up and running I think its safe to say I've lost any interest in this project and game now...

Unfortunately the wait ends here for me but I wish the team good luck on finishing and everyone else on waiting; Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

archnachoofthepi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
62b24836acf671ada7f707dee9bf0622.jpg

Haha, but seriously, I just wanted to say let's all exercise patience, this is a free passion project for a game Sega didn't care to bring out in English after all :D

Thank you to the translators!

Reactions: Mage-Andrey

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Merry Christmas everybody!

I was hoping this would be ready before the year ended but apparently not, and with the Phantasy Star Universe private server up and running I think its safe to say I've lost any interest in this project and game now...

Unfortunately the wait ends here for me but I wish the team good luck on finishing and everyone else on waiting; Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.
Really? PSP2 is a dramatically better game than PSU in my opinion. And PSP2i is an improvement on even that. I would never want to go back to that honestly.

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? PSP2 is a dramatically better game than PSU in my opinion. And PSP2i is an improvement on even that. I would never want to go back to that honestly.

I always saw the PSP games as extension and place to keep PSU characters once the server died. The online experience is butchered, some music was redone and sounds tinny because of the PSP sound hardware, blocks were shorter, and so on. What I disliked most was the redone PP and chain system. It destroyed some classes and PAs, made bosses very tedious, and haphazardly tried to add some layer of tactics in a game that's all about spamming your strongest moves and racing to the end to smash a boss. And as someone who played only master and acro classes in PSU, going back to slower attack speeds bothered me. But I do like the new content, old PSU events always being playable, and stories. Its not a bad game, not at all. But if I have the choice to play PSU or PSP2I I'll always pick PSU first, no question.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
While content has some setbacks on portable games, at least you can jump to action faster, without having to wait for NPCs and their thought-enticing conversations. Anyway, how close is PSU from PSPo, gameplay-wise?

I find neither Portable or Portable 2/Infinity better; they both have pros and cons. The former has acromasters, more straightforward forces and slow but reliable ways to strenght skills. However it's easy to reduce combat to PA spam and it lacked consistent forms of defense/evasion. PSP2i simplified things like classes and upgrades and added some depth to combat beyond facetanking, but I'm not a fan of chaining and the hitstun after attacking is very much present and annoying.

On that note I also don't mind the clunkyness of old PSOs, also with good and bad points, but it seems that PSO2 blurred the line between them and PSU.

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quote from Jam:
I did find out why that crash was happening for the Tactical Missions, addressing the problem is taking a while though.
Basically the compression has some bugs/inaccuracies so the result after decompression sometimes doesn't match what was inputted, the problem has likely been around for a while but because it works most of the time its gone unnoticed.
In one way it was lucky that it occurred in a place that was easily to access and therefore better for debugging.
I'm making some progress in trying to amend the compression code

This issue has been bugging us for a long time and it causes a serious crash, it's the main thing we're dealing with right now.
Let's hope we can get it fixed relatively soon so we can wrap up this thing.
As mentioned before, the translation is basically done, but the tech issues are hampering our progress significantly.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice to see things wrapping up. Hope that you solve these problems eventually so we can see your work in practice.

Happy festivities for everyone.

Zynetic

Trophies
XP
Country
PSPo's gameplay is identical to PSU's. Apart from balance adjustments and extra content (such as PAs and whatnot), the games are mechanically the same.

Personally I'm surprised people aren't fans of the chaining system and the character PP system, I vastly prefer them to PSU's/PSPo's combat system as I personally found the game being reduced to infinite PP PA spam rather boring. The fact that chains are shared between groups made the system even more interesting I think, as the game emphasised teamwork over every man simply doing as much DPS as they can. The introduction of the multi-hit techniques in Infinity fixed all the problems I had with the chaining system, as you didn't have to necessarily "build up" on everything (and when you did build up, it was a lot faster), and weaker stuff could just be killed outright with an active Foverse.

I tried out PSU since the private server is up as well, but I personally couldn't get into it in comparison to Infinity. The game was a little too simple and mindless, I think. I feel the original PSO had more depth to it than PSU, which is a game I put thousands of hours into in the past.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With chaining instead of PA spam we have "wait until 80 chain then OHKO". Damage doesn't even matter, just chain more/less. Without chains I think things would be more balanced: normal attacks while restoring PP or on guard for retaliation, PAs for burst damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.