Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

IilliI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg! I have to change my pants! Are yous single and can? I have all of your babies?!?!

Jk [emoji39]

I love you guys! Amazing work! So stoked to play infinity in english. Seriously best of luck and godspeed! I am so glad the game is getting translated. BTW can you tell I am excited? I think I need a tranquilizer. Gonna lay down before I explode! [emoji16]

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was going to sleep, but who needs that? *pfff*

Beyond sick. Damn, this will look way too good when done. I was going to rant about drops with you, but now I don't even care :D

So much time invested, and you are willing to waste more. Props to everyone doing this, again!

JC200X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That menu font makes me want to play Metroid Prime.

Way back, I played online with a group of friends from PSO-World, before it became... what it currently is; along with a JP player I made friends with way back (リリス/テナ, ID: 『Eden』 if anyone here has played on the official server). She killed everything in MAI IV with a bow and Charge Shot II. Good times.

Perhaps when Christmas break starts I'll look into playing online again, although I still have that stigma about people playing with cheats online.

Reactions: IilliI

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this thread feverishly ever since I found out about it, and I've gotta say I really appreciate all of the time and effort that's gone into it.

PSP2 is one of my favorite games so naturally I was a bit disappointed in SEGA for not localizing PSP2i (though at this point I'm not really surprised >_>).

I'd all but given up on playing PSP2i in English (I know only a tiny bit of Japanese, which although enough for most menu navigation my friends however do not and I'd like to get them into playing the game.) after Coldbird's translation project was abandoned.

So seeing so much progress being made is truly awesome, keep up the good work! :>

Reactions: JamRules and IilliI

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys made amazing progress throughout the year, and i know you want to release a fully finished project. But to be frank, my hands are getting very itchy to play this 'raw' version with translated weapon names, technique names, etc. ;)

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Is 2 Infinity the same game as 2 but with extra content or is it a new story altogether?

I ask because right now I'm playing Portable 2 (Can't go online, though, my PSP doesn't like my wifi router's encryption :( ) in preparation for the release of this, and after finding a weapon I'm comfortable with, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Is 2 Infinity the same game as 2 but with extra content or is it a new story altogether?

I ask because right now I'm playing Portable 2 (Can't go online, though, my PSP doesn't like my wifi router's encryption :( ) in preparation for the release of this, and after finding a weapon I'm comfortable with, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

PSP2i has the original PSP2 story included, and a second story (episode 2). It has a ton more items and a new race as well. In theory it's possible to transfer your english PSP2 save to PSP2i using the PPSSPP emulator, though I'm not exactly sure on the process.

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What Laskeri said. But there's more: Tech rebalancing (making Force a playable, and, as said by some players, the best class in the game), race rebalancing (if i'm not mistaken), Photon arts rebalancing, swords becoming faster (faster animations), rods being able to block (when R+ skills aren't filled), addition of charge shot II in TWO different variants (you can change those at shop), ra-tech's hitting multiple hitboxes of a boss and those are only things i remember. Imo, phantasy star portable 1 is much better than psp2 (game mechanics wise). But psp2i fixes all the flaws of psp2, making it THE pinnacle game of ps Universe.

Last edited by Mage-Andrey,

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep, Infinity is just a better version of PSP2, which was already a great game.
You get everything of that game with countless additions and improvements.

There were other rebalancing things done as well that I noticed while translating data files and comparing with the originals.
Some of the abilities had values tweaked for example, the original DEF boosts gave 20-40, now they give 30-50.
And the skill usage cost reduction abilities were improved from 10% to 20%.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, Infinity is just a better version of PSP2, which was already a great game.
You get everything of that game with countless additions and improvements.

There were other rebalancing things done as well that I noticed while translating data files and comparing with the originals.
Some of the abilities had values tweaked for example, the original DEF boosts gave 20-40, now they give 30-50.
And the skill usage cost reduction abilities were improved from 10% to 20%.

They also nerfed the EVA boosts, dunno about the ones on units though.

Last edited by Laskeri,
Reactions: Weyu

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah EVA on the Vanguard together with their traps was stupidly good. You were basically unhittable from the front and sides except by a few specific enemies.
What infinity did was take away a lot of the cheese, or make it more reasonable.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm, so back hits also negate your evasion? Kinda obvious now you said it but cool. Never liked those untouchable builds, they are unreliable and lead to bad habits.

There's also rebirths, which reset your level but increase general cap (types, abilities and stats), and weapon fusions, which allow you to increase a weapon's element so you don't need to hate yourself over that 49% drop. I believe everyone said almost everything, but to make this point again the game was improved on all but some minor points. The only reason to not play it is the language, and we will have this fixed soon™.

Good luck dealing with inverted controls by then :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end