Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At least you can blitz them off, chain or not. Finjers lazily waltzing and breakdancing you to death in PSZ, the joy.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been playing a lot lately, can we just all agree that this is the worst enemy in the game? :nayps3: Lol

16674824383423840256_2015_07_21_00002_by_xbladem6x-d928br7.png
I barely have any problems with those surfer dudes to be perfectly honest. You just need a good aim and a good ranged weapon then you can finish them off quickly. Especially if you have bullets which can knock down an enemy like Buster prism or buster shot, the laser cannon's charged shot II also works best on them.

They're not so bad if you carry a gun and set your NPC party members to "Follow Shift" (No. 5). I hate that new crab boss... Ziel Goug, I think it was called? It has way too much HP.
Completely agree. The Ziel Goug can be a total pain in the behind in infinity difficulty, especially when it starts to spam its bubbles which causes high damage.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I barely have any problems with those surfer dudes to be perfectly honest. You just need a good aim and a good ranged weapon then you can finish them off quickly. Especially if you have bullets which can knock down an enemy like Buster prism or buster shot, the laser cannon's charged shot II also works best on them.
I know you can use guns in any class, but generally, as a Hunter, this is just frustrating to deal with if you're trying to use melee combat, especially if hitting from the front, you basically hit nothing but 0's. Lol

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think every class should have a rod or two on their pallete in Infinity. Its pretty much necessary if you want to speed things up lol. I keep a rod with shifta/deband/resta/reverser and another with jellen/zalure/safoie/sazonde. Its kind of annoying having to use so many techs, like you said as a hunter, but thats how it goes. Sazonde to keep them down and chain, and zalure so you can actually hit. Its actually a bit baffling how a cast hunter hits so many 0s on Infinity rank. You're a beast right blade? I don't even want to imagine that :wacko:

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think every class should have a rod or two on their pallete in Infinity. Its pretty much necessary if you want to speed things up lol. I keep a rod with shifta/deband/resta/reverser and another with jellen/zalure/safoie/sazonde. Its kind of annoying having to use so many techs, like you said as a hunter, but thats how it goes. Sazonde to keep them down and chain, and zalure so you can actually hit. Its actually a bit baffling how a cast hunter hits so many 0s on Infinity rank. You're a beast right blade? I don't even want to imagine that :wacko:
Yeah, I'm a beast. It can be a bit frustrating at times, but I got a couple of 14* Hit armor units, so that definitely helps. But I do use rods for buffs and debuffs for certain enemy types, the surfers being one of them. Lol

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm.. I never had problems with misses, as hitting them from behind was always doable. Now I'm dreading the encounter, sigh... ineedPSP2i's suggestion is reasonable, as techs doesn't miss, but flavor > efficiency. Sigh.

MrFwibbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can continue to play PSP2 after importing the save into Infinity, but you can't make progress in Infinity and then transfer that save back to PSP2.

Illuminado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say I really appreciate what the team behind this translation project is doing. My hopes were crushed for something like this when coldbird abandoned the project years ago. I've been a long time phantasy star fan since the phantasy star universe demo (lol!) And when I discovered the portable series, I was home. Anyways, thanks to all who areworking rigorously and I hope to see this patch soon! I have my save imported and my copy of infinity inbound from Japan! Hope to farm with you all in English soon!

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get ∞ Extend Codes (not normal ones) aside from the rebirth titles? Or is that the only way to get them?

MrFwibbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have at least 5 Infinity Extend Codes and never rebirthed a character. I think you get some the first time you go into one of the DLC trade missions.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have at least 5 Infinity Extend Codes and never rebirthed a character. I think you get some the first time you go into one of the DLC trade missions.
Here's to hoping there's a way you can get them outside of one-time-only occurrences. Speaking of "DL" missions, will they be translated? This one seems like it would be important, given all the text in it, and how good it seems to be for both drops and experience.
16674824383423840256_2015_07_28_00002_by_xbladem6x-d936mun.png

Last edited by xBladeM6x,

MrFwibbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The current plan is to look at "DL" missions after everything in the main game has been translated and inserted and considered finished, and we're not making any promises. However, if it is possible to translate DLC, we'll only translate content that is available for free.

Reactions: Hargrun

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current plan is to look at "DL" missions after everything in the main game has been translated and inserted and considered finished, and we're not making any promises. However, if it is possible to translate DLC, we'll only translate content that is available for free.

Thanks for the clarification.
You can get them from the Rapico exchange DLC, exchanging five normal Extend Codes for one.
Thank you so much. As it turns out, that's really convenient since you can get 5 extend codes every rebirth.

Last edited by xBladeM6x,

JC200X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it much easier to get them from Extend Fragments (エクステンドフラグメント), as you can find them anywhere. You can exchange 15 fragments for one normal Extend Code in the same exchange DLC. Not to say that you've been wasting them, but you should use your rebirth points for stats instead.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it much easier to get them from Extend Fragments (エクステンドフラグメント), as you can find them anywhere. You can exchange 15 fragments for one normal Extend Code in the same exchange DLC. Not to say that you've been wasting them, but you should use your rebirth points for stats instead.
I haven't rebirthed at all yet, except for cheating my way to level 200 to test it, but never saved. Actually, I just went into those DL trade missions for the first time, and got 8 Extend Codes, and 8 Infinity Extend Codes, I didn't even have to trade anything, since it's the "first time" thing. Thanks for letting me know, though. I honestly had forgotten Infinity Extend Codes even existed for a while, and never knew I was even getting Extend Fragments this whole time, even though I have like 50 of them in my common box. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr