Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

MrFwibbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Y-yeah guys, for use with your own umd only... ;D
You should know that, if you're planning on downloading an illegal copy instead of ripping from your own UMD, it's likely that some files will have been altered or removed from that copy in order to keep the overall size down and that would prevent the patch from working correctly.

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been following this for most of the way, figured I would sign up today and let you know that you are amazing, JamRules! Romhacking is a hell I have nearly always failed at. Just identifying all the encryption and compression used sounded scary. No idea how you even find non-text values like window widths while datadiving.

Infinity would definitely be my favourite PS game if I could understand it, even more than PSO2. Actually a lot more, come to think of it, since all of your growth and customization in PSO2 are about increasingly pidgeonholing yourself and PSP2 and Infinity do the opposite.

Reactions: JamRules

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For clarification, I'm a moron for not remembering that only UMD exists. I'm sorry, I was deliriously tired, and clearly very confused. I have edited my previous posts. ;P

Yeah, the online, and the ability to remap with a controller is amazing. (mapped it to play like Phantasy Star Universe on 360) Though the issue still stands for online play that the host has to be someone on Windows 8/8.1/10 or the ever so lucky Windows 7 user, in order for the unlucky lot like me on Windows 7 to be able to play the multiplayer portion of the game.

Windows 8.1 is great and if you can find a product key for cheap, I'd get on it. Don't listen to the whiners, with a program like classic shell the UI will be the exact same as previous versions and its very smooth and fast overall. Windows 10 is going to be free for a year so theres a window of chance that you or someone you know is going to be upgrading to it at some point.

You should know that, if you're planning on downloading an illegal copy instead of ripping from your own UMD, it's likely that some files will have been altered or removed from that copy in order to keep the overall size down and that would prevent the patch from working correctly.

Funny you say that, PSN says its 1.4gb and my copy is 1.6gb. That's not going to stop people from putting up patched ISOs though, we've seen it with Danganronpa, Digimon Re World, Valkyria Chronicles 3, Toradora, Project Diva, and so on.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Are you talking about removed dummy files. which like trimming DS ROMs "can" mess up patching? AFAIK most rippers aim for a 1:1 copy, and so far I haven't heard of too many issues for those who use the clean dump method.

robin475

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ohhh not know there was a draft translation to English for this game, well I would like more in Spanish as my English is a little bad but you can not get everything you want lol, but I'm using google translator xD, although my studies obliglan me to study English since I have not even xD, but good is better English than Japanese so I am making in the PSO2.

Thanks to all who are in the group of translation for this work.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 8.1 is great and if you can find a product key for cheap, I'd get on it. Don't listen to the whiners, with a program like classic shell the UI will be the exact same as previous versions and its very smooth and fast overall. Windows 10 is going to be free for a year so theres a window of chance that you or someone you know is going to be upgrading to it at some point.
I've already got my Windows 10 reserved, and I've played around with the technical preview a bit, so I'm definitely looking forward to upgrading. From what I've heard with people in the pre-launch program, it's the best OS yet, and by a long-shot.

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've already got my Windows 10 reserved, and I've played around with the technical preview a bit, so I'm definitely looking forward to upgrading. From what I've heard with people in the pre-launch program, it's the best OS yet, and by a long-shot.
Does it allow you to disable desktop composition again? Win8 doesn't so it's kind of a big deal for input delay.

insertcoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soon sooon is coming the xdelta patch, put it in my pirated iso and play until die. Cheers for you all!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use ilegal copies for years and never had problems inserting patch to iso and playing, psp, Ds, etc etc........

Soon sooon is coming the xdelta patch, put it in my pirated iso and play until die. Cheers for you all!!

TheZeroRaven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account to thank everyone involved for doing this. Huge huge fan of this series, and bought my own UMD of this not too long ago. Very much looking forward to playing this in my native language. Thank you guys for spending the time to do this.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing a lot lately, can we just all agree that this is the worst enemy in the game? :nayps3: Lol

16674824383423840256_2015_07_21_00002_by_xbladem6x-d928br7.png

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah....I said this in an earlier post when I decided to get into Infinity. I noticed that every new enemy or boss in this game besides the stateria dragon is designed to make you as mad as possible. Of course if this was PSU, you could just spam a PA on it, but in PSP you need a chain to do any real damage and all they do is surf away from you. :(

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah....I said this in an earlier post when I decided to get into Infinity. I noticed that every new enemy or boss in this game besides the stateria dragon is designed to make you as mad as possible. Of course if this was PSU, you could just spam a PA on it, but in PSP you need a chain to do any real damage and all they do is surf away from you. :(
I mean, I basically love all the enemies, new and old, I just hate those guys in particular. Especially in Infinity Missions where you can get multiple spawns of x4.

MrFwibbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They're not so bad if you carry a gun and set your NPC party members to "Follow Shift" (No. 5). I hate that new crab boss... Ziel Goug, I think it was called? It has way too much HP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What the heck is that emote SylverReZ using?