Phantasy Star Nova Translation [We need your help!]

image.jpeg

:arrow: Patch updated! See http://arks-layer.com/nova.php for the latest version and help on installing it.

Current status of Nova translation:

- Game dumped, modification possible ✔
- CPK file successfully repacked ✔
- Files modified, patching possible! ✔
- Proof of concept created! LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD! ✔
- Finish with our new fontmap tool so we can do a proper textdump and find out where all these strings are hiding! ✔

To do:

- Translate stuff! \ o /

Feel free to join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/PSO2

Thanks for reading, and here's to more vita games being translated! o/

Last edited by AIDA,

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
seems a pretty cool program thanks guys, is there anyway to make vpks that install to other directories or do they all just install to the app folder?

Last edited by RazorX2014,

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
I've finished mapping all the games files and what they contain (finally), so we should be able to churn out a ton more stuff soon. Stay tuned!

Also, if you'd like to help translate, feel free to do so here: https://github.com/Arks-Layer/PSNovaTranslations/tree/master

Although it is also recommended you join the discord on the first page so we can discuss translations, if need be. (And see all the super cool inside stuff and get to test neat things!)

Reactions: MDashK and Awsder33

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
Reactions: MDashK and Awsder33

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@AIDA could you post a lil List of the things that you have Translated so far with a % Number ?

I dont really care about the Story (Since i know all of it already). Since i wanted to wait to play the Game Until its fully playable for me (So that i could get the Platinum in the Game).

PS: Thank you very much for what you and your Team have Done so far! Awesome :)

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
@AIDA could you post a lil List of the things that you have Translated so far with a % Number ?

I dont really care about the Story (Since i know all of it already). Since i wanted to wait to play the Game Until its fully playable for me (So that i could get the Platinum in the Game).

PS: Thank you very much for what you and your Team have Done so far! Awesome :)

i second the whole need of a overall % thing. but i also would like the total story % to be included in?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 6735 textboxes only for the story itself,
currently there are 68 translated.

Menu, Skills, and so on, maybe 80% except descriptions?

You can check github up and help if you want ;)

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
We've updated the installation instructions, after some testing. It pertains to running the game with just the base VPK, no update.

If you installed just the base game, no updates, through a VPK file, you will need to update (through a VPK file, google is your friend), THEN drop the CPK into the /app/PCSG00351 folder.

The VPK installed game, by itself, will not work with the english patch. If you have the cart or copy from PSN, you can continue to follow the instructions as they're posted (I have the cart and digital PSN copy myself).

Reactions: Awsder33

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game's translation might take some time.

Before you intend to help and transmit translations, decide if you want to spend time, BUT...
even if your translation is good, they might consider changing it without check.

Balmung
Not to be a rude douche, but final say pretty much goes to @AIDA Enna and the Main Translators in purple. If they feel it is unnessisary, or don't have the proper context, and are going with the literal traslations until context is made, that is there call. You can make your suggestions via the GitHub, but at the end of the day, they make the final call. You are free to do the compiling and decompiling of the CPKs and do your own translation if you want, it is a "free internet" /shrug

qopA.png

If you have other things to do, just wait until it's someday finished.

Have Fun.

Last edited by liomajor,
Reactions: Awsder33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :sad::sad::sad: And a part of my family passed also. :sad::sad::sad: Sending my good suit to the...