Homebrew Petit Computer Thread

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Time between purchase and first game.. About 4 hours.

Went in blind, had to grab the PDF for command reference, but otherwise was able to fumble my way through it
Then went "how d'you make a QR code!?" and had to spend a good twenty minutes faffing about with that... Grrr!!!
Anyhoo..

Petit_SpikeDislike.png

I must say, it's a lovely little language :)

...I might try playing with the tools, next, instead of blindly typing in lines of character data as if I'm stuck in the 80s!!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Time between purchase and first game.. About 4 hours.

Went in blind, had to grab the PDF for command reference, but otherwise was able to fumble my way through it
Then went "how d'you make a QR code!?" and had to spend a good twenty minutes faffing about with that... Grrr!!!
Anyhoo..

Petit_SpikeDislike.png

I must say, it's a lovely little language :)

...I might try playing with the tools, next, instead of blindly typing in lines of character data as if I'm stuck in the 80s!!
Its like Sheep Goes Left except it goes right and has auto-jumping. Nice little fun game. : )
This really shoes how easy it is to bang out small games with Petit Computer, even with stylus typing.

Galenmereth

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hiya everyone. I'm workin on a puzzle game where I've got 10 levels done so far. Today I completely rewrote the level storage system (making it very easy for you to create your own levels) as well as add a menu on the bottom screen that you can access when pressing START ingame. It lets you select the background music among other things. I'm looking for feedback on what stages people find challenging while I'm working on the new ones. I plan on having at least 30 stages with a few more obstacle types :)

qr.png

Reactions: Snailface

Galenmereth

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry for double posting, but I thought I'd bump this since I have something entirely different to share: An Adventure RPG engine ala the old Zelda games, complete with smooth collision detection (separate XY for wall sliding) as well as screen slide transitions. Here's the QR codes for the current work in progress engine. My plan is to make a game out of this, of course. In the meantime I'd like to share this to try to keep this thread alive (too late?) and inspire others :)

I do all my PetiCom work on my DSi with the stylus. Like a... man?

ARPG.png

Reactions: Snailface

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this thread really is coming along lately! I feel like I should make a game and post it here... nice stuff though, everyone!

loco365

Trophies
XP
I guess I'll bump this thread with some content.

So I decided to pick Petit Computer back up and fool around with it. After figuring out the sound format, and finding out some applications can convert MIDI files for MML use, I ported a song, and after 2 days of fixing and editing (It was tedious), I finally finished it!

4bLYbnS.png

I was a tad bored. Anyway, for best effect, DO NOT go to View Gallery, rather, go to Write Program, then load "PKMN_GSC" and run it from there. It's just an audio file, no graphics or anything.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.