Persona Q2 (3DS), Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night & Persona 5 Dancing Star Night Announced

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ElyosOfTheAbyss, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2014
    Night dancing persona games... says a lot about Persona fans...
    :rofl2:

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  2. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    :teach: :gun:You take that back sir!

3. Nekomaru

Nekomaru Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Germany
    Wow that's a lot of new info, does Project: sync have a separate topic already?

I'd like to come back to the main subject. I had an impression that Atlus was implying with the release of Persona Q: "We know you want Persona on Nintendo platforms but we promised the main series to Sony so that's all what we can offer you now". I remember first trailers of TMS having P3 & 4 characters in them what was scrapped in favor of our new cast - maybe favorably since P4DAN's plot seems like conceived in the same brainstorming session. So this time Q gets a sequel maybe among others to make up for the lack of P5 port on Switch. Same for new dancing games on Vita. We all know P5 could run smoothly on both Switch and Vita but only PS3 and 4 were chosen.

As we know Disgaea and Fate series (re)surfaced on Nintendo platforms recently so I think there is a possiblity of P5 on Switch but slighter then those two and also some time would have to pass. P5's gameplay structure is actually more structured for a handheld than TV IMHO. So let's keep our fingers crossed.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  4. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Project Sync has no topic since there isnt really much to discuss aside from theorising etc..

Regarding this, i too thought that Atlus just released PQ on a Nintendo platform in order to give them something rather that nothing. But recently it has become quite clear that Persona games will be mostly Sony only.BUT SMT on the other hand will be Nintendo only by the looks of things right now at least. However, this whole PQ & PQ2 fiasco could mean that we could see more persona games in the coming years on Nintendo platforms but only in the form of spinoffs.
    Actually i would not be surprised if Atlus decided to make a SMT spin off like PQ and put that on a Sony console rather than Nintendo.

SO essentially spin offs will be on either platforms but mainline entries will be Sony for Persona and Nintendo for SMT

i am curious though as to where Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2 and Project Re fantasy will fit in here though in terms of which platform they will be released on.

Also dont forget the past SMT games like DDS which Atlus could remaster at anytime if they wanted too.

5. dAVID_

dAVID_ GBAtemp's Official Onion Cricket

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Chary likes this.
  6. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't care what disgusting weeaboo shit they do with Persona, as long as it stays away from Shin Megami Tensei i'm good.

7. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    Fuck yes.

8. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I'll pass.

9. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    SLICK

10. mwahaha

mwahaha GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2013
    Indonesia
    I need a new dose of Adachi:sad::sad::sad::cry::cry:

11. videogame57

videogame57 Sword Princess

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you
    People still buy games for the Vita? I thought the Vita was dead like a year ago...

12. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Always nice to see my boi Junpei flaunting those dope-ass moves

13. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  14. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    That's more on the line of Persona than the main SMT series itself. Persona has all the dancing and singing, and dating thingy, they just happen to have similar demons to command. Different strokes for different folks then.

15. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    I mean, the game is called Shin Megami Tensei x FE and the initial trailer did show SMT characters :shrugs:

Abu_Senpai and Enryx25 like this.
  16. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Y-YOU TAKE THAT BACK

TAKE IT BACK *sob*

Enryx25 likes this.
  17. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I'll be buying these.

18. Nirmonculus

Nov 4, 2014
    Kind of like if it were a serial killer, that's not SMT's M.O. Somehow it got tainted.
    SMTxFE were probably wanted by Persona fans the most.
    But anyway it doesn't really matter. One look at it and no one would think it's an SMT game. It is only SMT in name. Everyone knows it's a spinoff. Persona also have the SMT title back then, until they dropped it, I guess it is something that can be attached or detached, or thrown around.
    So now I wondered how well that game went on the Wii U. It might get ported to the Switch because they can't have Persona games. They also need the sing, dance, summon demons kind of game. Wow, I realized Tokyo Mirage Sessions is Persona with Night dancing elements combined! :D
    It's kind of like Bollywood, fans of Bollywood won't watch a movie without singing and dancing in it.

19. Tsubakiandou

Tsubakiandou Mystery member

Oct 15, 2016
    Japan
    neat :wub::tpi::yaypsp::yay3ds:

20. NORBIN

NORBIN Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    Canada
    Neptune
    Fuck yes. I can't get any of these games but I'll enjoy the OSTs :lol: Just so happy to see more P5 stuff going on.