Persona Q Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Dasanko, Apr 3, 2017.

1. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    you can edit skill card then use on it

2. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    Skill cards are for main persona's not for sub persona's.

Would be great to have a kawaii neko shogun who's even more powerful than Izanago no Okami or Magatsu Izanagu. Even you can edit a sub persona's bonus HP and SP, their skills aren't good.

3. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    well ,for sub persona you can always check gamefaq for qr code ,they have many good sub persona ,you can use them for fusion

4. Dasanko
    OP

Dasanko Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2011
    Spain
    Can't a sub Persona's skills be modified the same way as a regular Persona's? (I haven't really played the game)

5. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    yes ,they only obtain skill though fusion inherited ,unlike main persona can learn skill though skill card

Last edited by ngtunganh, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Dasanko
    OP

Dasanko Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2011
    Spain
    I'll work on this when time allows, which unfortunately, won't be soon.

ngtunganh likes this.
  7. Dasanko
    OP

Dasanko Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2011
    Spain
    Updated with Sub Persona editing support (nothing marvelous, just pick the Persona you want equipped and six skills for it).

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  8. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    This is awesome. Nice work. The fact that your even able to mod this game in any way makes me quite happy since well PQ2 will be out next year on the 3DS too so maybe just mayyybe we will see some form of mods for both games. Imagine P5 characters in PQ or P3/P4 charcters in PQ2(mind blown) (Hey i can dream right? if PQ2s game play is like PQs then asset swapping should be possible to some extent i think)

Now all i personally want is SMT IV or IV Final modding and then i can die a happy man.

9. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    Thanks for the update, now I can create every persona I want, with every skill set I want.
    However the BONUS SP and BONUS HP won't work any-more in this version.

I turned a weak level 20 persona to Sumeo-Okami (ultimate Amaterasu)(I didn't even know the ultimate persona's from P4G were in the game) and set it BONUS SP to 450 and BONUS HP to 150.
    But when I look to the Persona in-game, I got a Sumeo-Okami with the desired skill set, but this persona is at level 20 with the corresponding weak BONUS SP/HP (+-60 to +-100).
    This also happens with regular persona's like Slime or Unicorn.
    (No, I really didn't know that the Persona 4 Golden ultimate persona's were in the game. Can you get them without save editing?)

I didn't got this problem with you previous version.
    With the previous tool I successfully made a Neko Showgun with 450 of each bonus without a problem.
    Of course he got his usual untouched skill set.

Can this please be fixed?
    That would be amazing.
    If this couldn't be done, can you please upload the previous version?
    That way I can make my sub persona 's with the desired skills with the new version, then save.
    And the edit there BONUS HP/SP with the previous version.

10. Dasanko
    OP

Dasanko Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2011
    Spain
    I don't know, sorry. I haven't played this game.

Yes, it should be an easy fix, but there's a catch: can you provide me with your save file? (And if you've modified it further than described in your post, please describe those modifications as well if they are related).

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed now.

Last edited by Dasanko, Aug 21, 2017
  11. Sakura1

Sakura1 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2014
    United States
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Im not sure how the unlock full maps work I still have to walk around and fill in the map.....

12. Dasanko
    OP

Dasanko Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2011
    Spain
    It generates a map file named 001MAP that you need to import into extdata IIRC using a save manager (if playing on a 3DS and not an emulator).

13. Sakura1

Sakura1 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2014
    United States
    Cincinnati, Ohio

bruh i forgot to import LOL thnx

14. AkiraTSAR

AkiraTSAR Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    United States
    Hey I knew something weird oughta happen but using Izanagi or Orpheus as Sub Personas cause the character to say something random when summoned like the Persona 3 Protagonist screaming nonsense (probably some Teddie voice clip). I also think using the other characters Personas (Jiraiya, Take-Mikazuchi, etc) will cause this.

Dasanko likes this.