Persona 5 "Sizzle" Trailer

Persona 5 is almost upon us, and Atlus has put out a trailer to celebrate that there's just less than a month before the game releases on April 4, 2017. The video shows off highlights of Persona 5, such as mini-games, confidants, and story cutscenes. Persona 5 is set to release for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Below is the press release from Atlus.

Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled youth who live dual lives. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high-schooler – attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self;” the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.

Persona 5 will release on April 4th in the Americas and Europe, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Pre-orders are now available at participating retailers for either version of the game. For more information, please visit http://www.deepsilver.com/en/games/persona-5/

FEATURES RECAP

· Persona 5 is the first numbered title of the award-winning franchise on home consoles since the PS2 generation.

· Fast-paced Japanese role-playing game mechanics, exciting action sequences, deep and engaging story.

· Vibrantly stylized characters, enemies, and environments, elegant anime-style cut-scenes.

· Soundtrack featuring the fresh sounds of acid jazz composed by the legendary composer Shoji Meguro.

· A standalone story experience that welcomes newcomers and veteran Persona players alike.

D

Deleted-379826

Ughh I neeeed this. But the more I get excited, the more it hurts that I KNOW WHO THE DAMN FINAL BOSS IS.
EDIT: I just remembered, @Red9419 feels my pain. We mourned together. :(

Last edited by ,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre ordered the steelbook edition. Not the edition with all the special stuff (which I may or may not regret, time will tell). I should have ordered a few other games in steelbook and i regret it now. I wanted to make sure I got this one.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I only know who the final boss is, but not the person themselves. I know what the person is, but not WHO it is. I dont know if I should be happy or pissed

Reactions: Deleted-379826

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ughh I neeeed this. But the more I get excited, the more it hurts that I KNOW WHO THE DAMN FINAL BOSS IS.
EDIT: I just remembered, @Red9419 feels my pain. We mourned together. :(

I'm not sure how knowing about the final boss really spoils anything (unless of course you're talking about something else, in which case, sorry for having at least part of the game ruined for you?). Either way, there are more surprises than that, and the game is over 100-125 hours long minimum (P3+P4 took me 70hrs each). Not to mention the soundtrack, ohhhhhh man.

D

Deleted-379826

I'm not sure how knowing about the final boss really spoils anything (unless of course you're talking about something else, in which case, sorry for having at least part of the game ruined for you?). Either way, there are more surprises than that, and the game is over 100-125 hours long minimum (P3+P4 took me 70hrs each). Not to mention the soundtrack, ohhhhhh man.
Very true but I mean not fully ruined but it's just like ugh come on. All I know is *who* it is.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I spoiled myself on who the main antagonist was in P4 but it was almost better knowing? It was around mid-game or maybe 3/4 of the way through. I did it to keep myself from getting the worst ending lol which would have spoiled it anyways. Either way...

Man, the ending of P4 has nothing on P3's ending, IMHO. That was some real stuff they let you deal with. Even the Answer nor Arena/2 didn't make me feel any better lol

I can't freaking wait to play P5. I am probably going to have to do a couple of runs. I suppose the first one will be a blind run. I know I won't be happy with that run though because I will want to max out all my social links :/ So I will have to play through again. Which is fine, but I am not really one to replay games if I can avoid it. I mean get this. I played P4 with a 100% social link guide. I was able to get all my social links in one year. I know there were a few more things I could have done in another year playthrough (not to mention taking my time with social links lol) but I really just wanted to squeeze all the fun out in one run.

I better get on my robot mount and finish Horizon before this drops... if I don't, I might not come back to Horizon for a while lol.

D

Deleted-379826

I think I spoiled myself on who the main antagonist was in P4 but it was almost better knowing? It was around mid-game or maybe 3/4 of the way through. I did it to keep myself from getting the worst ending lol which would have spoiled it anyways. Either way...

Man, the ending of P4 has nothing on P3's ending, IMHO. That was some real stuff they let you deal with. Even the Answer nor Arena/2 didn't make me feel any better lol

I can't freaking wait to play P5. I am probably going to have to do a couple of runs. I suppose the first one will be a blind run. I know I won't be happy with that run though because I will want to max out all my social links :/ So I will have to play through again. Which is fine, but I am not really one to replay games if I can avoid it. I mean get this. I played P4 with a 100% social link guide. I was able to get all my social links in one year. I know there were a few more things I could have done in another year playthrough (not to mention taking my time with social links lol) but I really just wanted to squeeze all the fun out in one run.

I better get on my robot mount and finish Horizon before this drops... if I don't, I might not come back to Horizon for a while lol.
I feel you, I gotta finish Zelda!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That ending theme gets me every time. I prefer Persona 4 overall, but darn it if Persona 3 didn't just have such an impactful ending.
;-; Chary why

I mechanically like P4 a million times better, obviously. But P3 does so much stuff right, especially the theme. Holy crap they got the theme nail down so well.

Reactions: Chary

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so far I haven't spoiled myself from any persona 5 spoilers. I just hope I won't. this game is the only reason I will buy a PS4, I already have enough money though :P

D

Deleted-379826

so far I haven't spoiled myself from any persona 5 spoilers. I just hope I won't. this game is the only reason I will buy a PS4, I already have enough money though :P
Why not a PS3. ;) Cheaper and better library, plus if on proper firmware you could even pirate the game if that's the way you go and early at that.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the English voice acting in persona yet superb again.

so looking forward to p5.
i still think I'll be switching between jap/eng dub since we have the option.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not a PS3. ;) Cheaper and better library, plus if on proper firmware you could even pirate the game if that's the way you go and early at that.
unfortunately I bought a PS3 with a very weak optic, and already sold it, and it was OFW 4.66 :( I wanted to buy a physical copy for persona 5 too because I am a fan of the series. I am sure I will buy a ps4 eventually, but I am just not sure what games I want to play because they are all too western.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1