Gaming Persona 4 the Golden

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I make a game discussion since its been out for a while and it has an upcoming release date in Australia and I kind of want to see the thoughts of those who has played or is the game already.

Anyway i'll start since I been playing it for a while and put in bit over 4 hours and to be honest the dungeon crawling is the best part of the game cause its still fun like in P3P but the story and characters were horribly made and the voices in both the US and JPN version of the game are just shit, I mean Kuma is just irritating and I wish he shut up instead of commentating all of my battles and Yosuke is an idiot and the only reason he is around is cause I can't switch him out with anyone yet. Plus all the Commu/Social Links were just boring and I just skipped through it just so I can get stronger Personas. The game isn't bad and its a great system seller for the Vita but it is easily the worst Persona game I played since the only good thing about it is the battles and dungeon crawling.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow... That was alot of harsh comments on Persona 4. I completed Persona 4 The Golden a week ago and I love it, completed the original Persona 4 almost two years ago and this is a great improvement. You still have around 40-60 hours to put in, I think you will enjoy this game more and more.

Don't get me wrong, my favorite is still Persona 3 FES/Portable. But saying that this is the worst Persona game is a bit harsh. Especially when you really can't compare this game to Persona 1 or Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment, since the gameplay is very different in those games. I hate Teddie/Kuma too, but you will get rid of him eventually.

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow... That was alot of harsh comments on Persona 4. I completed Persona 4 The Golden a week ago and I love it, completed the original Persona 4 almost two years ago and this is a great improvement. You still have around 40-60 hours to put in, I think you will enjoy this game more and more.

Don't get me wrong, my favorite is still Persona 3 FES/Portable. But saying that this is the worst Persona game is a bit harsh. Especially when you really can't compare this game to Persona 1 or Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment, since the gameplay is very different in those games. I hate Teddie/Kuma too, but you will get rid of him eventually.
I know its a great improvement over the original since I have played through it and finished it but I do find that P4G didn't fix the issues I had originally with P4 which is why my words considering it seems harsh. I been slowly playing through it and to be honest I been putting in more time with P2IS and been enjoying it much more, I got a little bored with P3P since i'm on the last Tarturus block and I want to do all my dungeon crawling in one go.

Its not really harsh considering the only thing P4 and P4G has over P3, P3FES and P3P is gameplay and you're right P2 and P1 has completely different gameplay but I was comparing stories since P1 easily has the worst gameplay but has a great story. I was hoping P4G's story would become darker but it's still the same old happy, lighthearted game it was originally and that just plain sucked to me after seeing what the characters of P2 and P3 have gone through the P4 characters just have small trivial problems in comparison.

Not sure if you played through P2 or not so I won't mention anything but comparing the characters in P3 to P4 and you can see how trivial and easy the P4 characters has got it, Yosuke is really just a rich kid who is bored in the country while Junpei had a drunk abusive father and had his girlfriend die for him, another is Yukari which a lot of fans hate becase she acts like a bitch and its pretty easy to see why, her father died, her mother become weak and just slept around with other men and she didn't want to be like that not to mention it got worse in Episode Aigis/The Answer after the MC died and Aigis got the Wild Card instead of her in comparison Rise is just having an identity crisis. Yes the P4 characters has got it worse :rolleyes:.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
I know its a great improvement over the original since I have played through it and finished it but I do find that P4G didn't fix the issues I had originally with P4 which is why my words considering it seems harsh. I been slowly playing through it and to be honest I been putting in more time with P2IS and been enjoying it much more, I got a little bored with P3P since i'm on the last Tarturus block and I want to do all my dungeon crawling in one go.

Its not really harsh considering the only thing P4 and P4G has over P3, P3FES and P3P is gameplay and you're right P2 and P1 has completely different gameplay but I was comparing stories since P1 easily has the worst gameplay but has a great story. I was hoping P4G's story would become darker but it's still the same old happy, lighthearted game it was originally and that just plain sucked to me after seeing what the characters of P2 and P3 have gone through the P4 characters just have small trivial problems in comparison.

Not sure if you played through P2 or not so I won't mention anything but comparing the characters in P3 to P4 and you can see how trivial and easy the P4 characters has got it, Yosuke is really just a rich kid who is bored in the country while Junpei had a drunk abusive father and had his girlfriend die for him, another is Yukari which a lot of fans hate becase she acts like a bitch and its pretty easy to see why, her father died, her mother become weak and just slept around with other men and she didn't want to be like that not to mention it got worse in Episode Aigis/The Answer after the MC died and Aigis got the Wild Card instead of her in comparison Rise is just having an identity crisis. Yes the P4 characters has got it worse :rolleyes:.

Get the Adachi ending in Persona 4 The Golden. It's one of the most cruel, dark and depressing endings in the Persona series in my opinion. It's just awesome.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw it on youtube and to be honest its not that dark to me.
If you don't consider betraying your sole purpose of solving this case (finding the truth) by destroying evidence. While betraying all of your friends, Nanako, Ryotaro Dojima, the rest of Inaba and becoming Adachi's bitch at the same time I don't know what you would consider dark.

Sure, other SMT games are darker in tone and that also applies to Persona 3. But think about Persona 3's ending for a while, it's not really that dark considering Minato knew what was coming to him, he sacrificed himself in order to protect his friends and the world. It's not really dark, but instead really heroic. The Answer is dark though, but that's because Erebus comes from the hearts of countless human beings who wish to die or for the destruction of the world.

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't consider betraying your sole purpose of solving this case (finding the truth) by destroying evidence. While betraying all of your friends, Nanako, Ryotaro Dojima, the rest of Inaba and becoming Adachi's bitch at the same time I don't know what you would consider dark.

Sure, other SMT games are darker in tone and that also applies to Persona 3. But think about Persona 3's ending for a while, it's not really that dark considering Minato knew what was coming to him, he sacrificed himself in order to protect his friends and the world. It's not really dark, but instead really heroic. The Answer is dark though, but that's because Erebus comes from the hearts of countless human beings who wish to die or for the destruction of the world.
I would consider it dark if the MC got killed in the bad end but I digress. Since I been playing P2 I don't really consider P3 dark but it is certainly darker than P4, the endings itself in all SMT games and its spin offs aren't meant to be particulatly dark but the theme is meant to not be so lighthearted and soft as P4 was, I mean P4 briefly dealt with death while the other games like P2 and P3 death was a major factor affecting the characters greatly.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What sort of idiot actually likes Yosuke.

YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ANOTHER PERSONA GAME AGAIN.

Chie or GTFO.

Chie.png

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ANOTHER PERSONA GAME AGAIN.

Chie or GTFO.

Chie.png
Because I hate a poorly designed character? :rofl:

I hate Chie but at least she had better character design than Yosuke and lets not forget at leat some depth to her character.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What sort of idiot actually likes Yosuke.

A true bro likes Yosuke. Yosuke may do some stupid things but he's a bro. A true bro. Your bro. Broship love is deeply fulfilling and emotionally deepening. In fact, in ancient Greece, the love between two men was seen as the purest form of love. That is what Yosuke represents, he is the embodiment of that sentiment. The love between Brotagonist and Brosuke is pure. They are bros. True bros.

The fact you are unable to feel like this suggests you are emotionally retarded. Hence you are unable to understand the purity, innocence and loyalty of Brosuke and of the love between bros. Now if you excuse me, I am going to brofist my bros.

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A true bro likes Yosuke. Yosuke may do some stupid things but he's a bro. A true bro. Your bro. Broship love is deeply fulfilling and emotionally deepening. In fact, in ancient Greece, the love between two men was seen as the purest form of love. That is what Yosuke represents, he is the embodiment of that sentiment. The love between Brotagonist and Brosuke is pure. They are bros. True bros.

The fact you are unable to feel like this suggests you are emotionally retarded. Hence you are unable to understand the purity, innocence and loyalty of Brosuke and of the love between bros. Now if you excuse me, I am going to brofist my bros.
He has no character depth if you actually play through the game even the most boring character (Yukiko) has more depth than him which just makes me laugh seeing someone think that Yosuke is such a good character. A better bro would've been Junpei who actually cares about you but has his own life to lead instead of just following you to the end of the earth which is extremely creepy to begin with.

You must love stupid characters and hate characters with depth if you are able to like Yosuke. Hang out with Yosuke all you want but his stupidity is contagious so good luck avoiding it while I go hang out with Junpei who is a real bro.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He has no character depth if you actually play through the game even the most boring character (Yukiko) has more depth than him which just makes me laugh seeing someone think that Yosuke is such a good character. A better bro would've been Junpei who actually cares about you but has his own life to lead instead of just following you to the end of the earth which is extremely creepy to begin with.

You must love stupid characters and hate characters with depth if you are able to like Yosuke. Hang out with Yosuke all you want but his stupidity is contagious so good luck avoiding it while I go hang out with Junpei who is a real bro.

Jumping to conclusions again JAG? You need to meet a kind, considerate and loving bro to ease your heart and heal your soul.

Reactions: Deleted User

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jumping to conclusions again JAG? You need to meet a kind, considerate and loving bro to ease your heart and heal your soul.
There is no conclusion to jump to Yosuke is pretty stupid by secondary character and anime standards, sure Junpei isn't any better but at least he had depth which makes him seem more real or have you never played P3 cause you can see that throughout the later half of the game but throughout all of P4 you never see that with Yosuke. P4G is my second playthrough of P4 since I finished it before and my opinions of Yosuke remains the same.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
This is all I would like to share in regards to the above conversation:

On a more serious note, how long would you say is the additional content in P4G? The social links etc., and what are the motorcycle bits like?
If it all possible, answer without spoiling pls, still need to complete the original game completely >>;
Really need to buy a Vita, but sadly all my money is going/biding its time for a new PC ;_;

D

Deleted_171835

I've considered purchasing this but I'm not sure if I need to play another Persona game to understand it. Is there an over-arching story or is it stand-alone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs