Gaming Persona 2 Eternal Punishment translation?

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone here who knows if someone is translating P2 Eternal Punishment for the PSP? I know that I can play the PS1 version which was translated, but that one doesn't include the new scenario for Tatsuya or the remastered soundtrack.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone here who knows if someone is translating P2 Eternal Punishment for the PSP? I know that I can play the PS1 version which was translated, but that one doesn't include the new scenario for Tatsuya or the remastered soundtrack.

It would seem unlikely, and if you're waiting for it then you may as well just play the extant PS1 version.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't there a PSN release on it? Or is that the PSone version?

Persona 2 came in two parts - Innocent Sin (Tsumi) and Eternal Punishment (Batsu) - although they were stand alone enough to be playable independently they did tie in with each other. On the Playstation only Eternal Punishment had a translation done and even then it only made it to the US (EU and AUS missed out)

The PSP got remakes of both in Japan with added content. This time Innocent Sin got localised and made it to the West, whilst Eternal Punishment hasn't and the remake remains strictly JPN PSN only. It's irritating because certain references and changes in the remade Innocent Sin won't tie into the second so well (if you play the PS version of EP afterwards) and of course you lose the bonus content.

That being said the PS version that exists is ok, although i recall a particularly vicious random encounter rate.(imported the original EP and still have it!)

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
i wasn't talking about the translation, but about the double topic, why create a new one when it has the same purpose as the old one ? not really sure about GBATEMP forum rules, but still :/ correct me if i am wrong

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i wasn't talking about the translation, but about the double topic, why create a new one when it has the same purpose as the old one ? not really sure about GBATEMP forum rules, but still :/ correct em if i am wrong

My bad. Didn't see that thread. I wouldn't mind leading a translation project of Eternal Punishment, but I don't really have experience in rom hacking or translation. Though considering that the game has been translated once before, we can use the PS1 translation for the original story while Tatsuya's story needs a new translation.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
My bad. Didn't see that thread. I wouldn't mind leading a translation project of Eternal Punishment, but I don't really have experience in rom hacking or translation. Though considering that the game has been translated once before, we can use the PS1 translation for the original story while Tatsuya's story needs a new translation.
it would be a pleasure helping you translate the game, i already unpacked the game files, but the text files are encrypted/compressed somehow, i don't know that header

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it would be a pleasure helping you translate the game, i already unpacked the game files, but the text files are encrypted/compressed somehow, i don't know that header

I'm guessing the encryption is different for every game? I was about to suggest that we ask the Type-0 hackers/translators for help, and it hit me that all PSP games might not have the same encryption. I could make a thread on wololo.net. Most people there know their stuff.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I'm guessing the encryption is different for every game? I was about to suggest that we ask the Type-0 hackers/translators for help, and it hit me that all PSP games might not have the same encryption. I could make a thread on wololo.net. Most people there know their stuff.
sure thing

LeonDeka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I created the original topic so we could all collate ideas there? I cant translate, but I am a good proofreader!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night