Gaming Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Time for a Fan Translation?

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the soundtrack different between the PSX and PSP versions, by the way? Especially the battle and boss themes.

The whole soundtrack has been remade, with a choice by options to set original or arranged. As it is the case for Persona 2 - Innocent Sin.

ArkBlitz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
azkware.ticoblogger.com
XP
Country
The whole soundtrack has been remade, with a choice by options to set original or arranged. As it is the case for Persona 2 - Innocent Sin.

Thought so... At least the remastered battle themes are the same as in the PSP's Persona 2 IS, I hope. Having to open a media player to "manually overwrite" the songs as they appear would be tiring...

GDW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update! Nothing at all is happening, still a handful of technical issues to sort through. I've been working on other things but will probably find more time later this month.

ArkBlitz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
azkware.ticoblogger.com
XP
Country

Emphasis in "arranged" here. The soundtrack seems to be similar between the PSX and PSP versions, unlike the change of battle themes between PSX Revelations and PSP Persona 1.

Update! Nothing at all is happening, still a handful of technical issues to sort through. I've been working on other things but will probably find more time later this month.

Good to know that the project is not dead! That'll give me plenty of time to pass the alternate ending of P1 and start P2IS.

icantfeelmyarms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks man. Most of us are patient, so no worries. Keep it up :^)

Thought so... At least the remastered battle themes are the same as in the PSP's Persona 2 IS, I hope. Having to open a media player to "manually overwrite" the songs as they appear would be tiring...

I like that option in IS. Wish Persona Portable, it kinda sucked not being able to switch the music... I don't mind the PSP remake's songs, but god damn, hearing that city map song so much... Never want to hear it again...

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this Project is successful. I'd love to play eternal punishment with the extra content, improved soundtrack, and the normal names

tathra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed one important detail that is missing from the translation project, and that is the voice acting. I haven't played Persona 2: Innocent Sin, but if it's like the PSP version of Persona 1, there are voiced characters in P2:IS that may or may not appear in P2:EP. Also, I suspect there are brand-new characters that haven't been voiced anywhere besides of the Japanese version. What is the plan in that case?

1. Leaving all the voices as they are now, including those that might be imported?
  2. Importing the voices available in P2:IS and leaving the rest in Japanese?
  3. Importing the voices in P2:IS and fan-dubbing the rest with fingers crossed?

the best option is to just leave it as an undub. lots of us go out of our way to get undubs.

if there are any plans to change the voices, please make it an optional patch or hack in an option to change between JP/EN voices.

thanks for your hard work, GDW. i wish you luck in overcoming the technical hurdles, and i'm very much looking forward to any kind of patch for this. :)

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a massive SMT and Persona fan, I'm so glad that work is being done towards this translation!

My japanese is non-existent and my hacking skills are basic at best, but I'd like to offer myself up as a proof-reader and/or tester, as I possess both a PSP and an A* in English Language :D

GDW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@official updating and such, xyz and Frequency are at that chat linked earlier in the thread, and things are moving along.

atomrabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Is there some way I could help with this? I've worked on a few fan translations before, most recently Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni 1&2. My Japanese is pretty decent, and I've done translation, proofreading and editing in the past.

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

GDW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there some way I could help with this? I've worked on a few fan translations before, most recently Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni 1&2. My Japanese is pretty decent, and I've done translation, proofreading and editing in the past.

There's no translation stuff going on at the moment, but I'll add you to the contact list.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
There's no translation stuff going on at the moment, but I'll add you to the contact list.

HEllO everyone im new to this site.
I just want to say
Began p3p on Tuesday and have been playing it here and there and so far im 22 hours in and ive killed all 12 shadows and im 15 days away from the new threat or whatever it is. Im new to the persona series and since I only have a hacked psp go. I heard p3p was said to be one of the best psp games and I wanted to see if it was true and I have to agree definitely one of the best on psp it is also the first Rpg im about to complete which I didn't feel like deleting.so I wanted to play more persona games and I have been doing research and

Persona 1 is said to be hard so im not touching that yet.

However after I ffinish p3p which should be tonight I will begin playing persona 2 innocent sin which I have downloaded however I found out persona 2 was in2 parts and luckily the first part already has a English patch however eternal punishment doesn't so ive been searching for anyone who has been attempting to create a patch and ive found you.

How is progress going its been more than a year since this thread started.

Any news on a end of year English language release.?

Please get back to me

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEllO everyone im new to this site.
I just want to say
Began p3p on Tuesday and have been playing it here and there and so far im 22 hours in and ive killed all 12 shadows and im 15 days away from the new threat or whatever it is. Im new to the persona series and since I only have a hacked psp go. I heard p3p was said to be one of the best psp games and I wanted to see if it was true and I have to agree definitely one of the best on psp it is also the first Rpg im about to complete which I didn't feel like deleting.so I wanted to play more persona games and I have been doing research and

However after I ffinish p3p which should be tonight I will begin playing persona 2 innocent sin which I have downloaded however I found out persona 2 was in2 parts and luckily the first part already has a English patch however eternal punishment doesn't so ive been searching for anyone who has been attempting to create a patch and ive found you.

How is progress going its been more than a year since this thread started.

Any news on a end of year English language release.?

Please get back to me
If you're in a hurry you can just get an eboot of the psx release of eternal punishment. That was released in english but some of the names might be a bit funny.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not really, it is strange because of the 9000+ elements and the hardiness of getting new personas, but it´s pretty easy to complete even with the initial Personas, I managed to reach LV 40 with just the initials....

And the New Boss battle theme is Fu***** epic.

Reactions: machomuu

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Was th
If you're in a hurry you can just get an eboot of the psx release of eternal punishment. That was released in english but some of the names might be a bit funny.

Is the psp release of eternal punishment especially for the psp like are the controls properly configured for the psp.

If so id rather wait for Gdw to finish the English patch for the game.i hate playing ps1 eboots on psp

for

countingdown7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a SMT fan for over 10+ years now, and I'm overjoyed to see even more of the last pieces of untranslated goodness get done.
There is something to be said about playing the redone PSP release. Sure, much is the same, but the extra elements just enrich it a
great deal. Thank you for doing this!!

D

Deleted User

You need help from the hackers from other projects try to talk with ChepChep , JamRules or SkyBladeCloud. see if they can help with the hacking maybe make a tool so you can recruit translators to get this started.

Reactions: NinjaRic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night