Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Time for a Fan Translation?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by LeonDeka, Mar 18, 2013.

1. cj_iwakura

Newcomer cj_iwakura Advanced Member

United States
    We're keeping the Japanese names intact. Yuki is a nickname she gets.
    He volunteered to help, no sense in having two groups acting against each other.

2. mwahaha

Member mwahaha GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    So like they said, does the project really become faster to be done?

3. Scorp

Member Scorp GBAtemp Regular

Kazakhstan
    No, this would not speedup anything. I am not against joining forces, just I do not see what he could do to help us.

Actually now all the work is concentrated on the editing of the scripts (cj_iwakura works on that). I also contacted people (quite normal behemoth, Aya Ohseki), who translated the additional scripts (Tatsuya scenario) and they generously provided us all the scripts as well as some other translations done and agreeded to work for future translation if needed.

So, actually only problem we have is about technical things (as there is still some unsolved matters), but they do not limit us in currect project stage anyway.

Last edited by Scorp, Feb 13, 2016
    mwahaha, kanon88 and lnc0 like this.
  4. kanon88

Newcomer kanon88 Newbie

Brazil
    Hi guys just wanting to say thanks for all of you that are translating the game , the translation is still in progress?

5. cj_iwakura

Newcomer cj_iwakura Advanced Member

United States
    Yes.

Raph_friend likes this.
  6. ali_ihsan21

Newcomer ali_ihsan21 Advanced Member

Turkey
    Can someone explain what's the difference between Persona 2 eternal punishment and innocent sin ? I already played p3p and can't decide which of these game is the previous one

7. GoddessKozy

Member GoddessKozy i'll fight sal9000

United States
    You should start with Innocent Sin.
    IS is the first one, EP branches off from it. I've been holding out on EP for whatever reason though.
    Also, I have a link to the entire script of EP (ps2 version) and it seems to have not enough of the best character (Miyabi).

Also also, I've been lurking this thread for about two years. Just wanted to toss out yet another "Thanks for the work!".

8. ceifadorx

Newcomer ceifadorx Advanced Member

Brazil
    is 2 games with similar story and same character. some character are playabe in both games, other you plan only in one game and the other they shows like npc.
    Innocent sin is the first game you need to play. eternal punishment is the "sequel" and shows the innocent sin ending in the begining.
    you can play eternal punishment before Innocent sin, but is not recommended.
    Eternal punishment is already in english the psone version, but the psp is much better (and has a extra scenario)

Raph_friend likes this.
  9. sushi55

Newcomer sushi55 Newbie

Jordan
    Obligatory thanks for the translation.
    Persona 4 is my personal favorite, but I've been meaning to replay Eternal Punishment for a while now.

10. Barrelbot

Newcomer Barrelbot Newbie

Ireland
    Can't tell you how happy I am that this project is still underway. Is this thread the main hub for discussion or do you guys have a blog or something I could follow for updates?
    Thanks for sticking with this. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Necdilzor likes this.
  11. Aria_of_the_Underdog

Newcomer Aria_of_the_Underdog Newbie

United States
    So first off, I want to say that I greatly respect the work the team is putting into this, and regardless, I'm looking forward to it when it gets completed.

That being said, I have a differing opinion, with heavy emphasis on the word opinion, on the decision to use Yuki rather than Yukino. Since this translation is going to be bringing Eternal Punishment in line with the rereleased translations of Persona 1 and Innocent Sin, it seems disjointing. As far as I remember, Yuki is used nowhere in Persona 1 or Innocent Sin, as the only three characters of P1 listed with a nickname in the manual are Mark, Brown, and Elly, with the opening scene listing Yukino's nickname as... Yukino in her introduction, which isn't surprising since most of the cast doesn't have an actual nickname. I'm pretty sure Innocent Sin is similar, but I'm a little foggy on it since it's been a while and I've been waiting for a translation of Eternal Punishment PSP to play it again. Either way, she's described as being fairly well respected and a bit of a no-nonsense type of person, meaning she probably isn't the type of person to go by a nickname. I mean, yeah, there are exceptions, but if she hasn't used one in the previous two games, she probably wouldn't use one now. It'd be like if Kei suddenly started to go by Nate, which as far as canon goes, he never has. And he has a similar no-nonsense attitude to Yukino.

I get that Yuki is personal preference for the translating team, and I respect that. I'll still play the translation when the patch comes out. I'm really looking forward to it. It's just, I felt it was worth pointing out.

That, and Yuki just leaves a poor taste in my mouth as a reminder of what originally happened to P1.

12. Jace Akane

Newcomer Jace Akane Member

United States
    Want to also join in saying thanks for the translation. Will be looking forward to it.

13. mwahaha

Indonesia
    Me too. I hope you can finish it soon. But this is a free job, so take your time. We always support you guys.

14. TasuyaSuoh

Newcomer TasuyaSuoh Newbie

Botswana
    What's the progress of the translation? And also will this be released as an ISO?

15. mwahaha

Indonesia
    It's illegal to upload Iso.

16. GoddessKozy

Member GoddessKozy i'll fight sal9000

United States
    I second the question about the progress of the translation, once Tradukosoft joined in all progress seems to have been halted (or at least, progress isn't shown publicly).

I think any progress or "No progress has been made" is better at this point than silence, honestly. Sorry if it's a bit audacious to say.

edit: I see on facebook that Tradukosoft has decided to not work on this anymore, so, that's a thing.

Last edited by GoddessKozy, Oct 5, 2016
    MoonUsotsuki likes this.
  17. mwahaha

Indonesia
    I really wish Atlus localized this version if the fan translation decided to stop this project. Why settle with psx version when there are superior version on psp?

18. Tempa777

Newcomer Tempa777 Newbie

Estonia
    So just to be clear, the Project has been cancelled?
    I could not find any updates either.

I just want to know becasue i finished innocent sin and want to move on to eternal Punihsment but do not know if i should wait for a translation

19. mwahaha

Indonesia
    Well, there's no any new news in these past months, so I guess they're already abandon the project or too busy with real world.

20. Tempa777

Newcomer Tempa777 Newbie

Estonia
    Well i guess i am going to play the PSX version then.
    It is just the interface which bothering me after i played Innocent Sin on the PSP