Gaming People that belive 360>PS3 please read

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i own both a 360 and wii, iv played my friends PS3 many times over on COD4, yes i would say the graphics are better (maybe down to the fact he has a 42" 1080i TV and i dont) but i still prefer the 360 (even if i do have to pay for online) but it is much better IMO...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
danielkraak said:
I always buy a console for the games it has.

Agreed.

And everyone has opinions, etc. I don't give a shit about multi-media, or the fact that it can do 1080P.

I get a console for games. And in my opinion, the 360 has a superior gaming library. That's that.

Lastly, the PS3 had something like that? Not that it makes that big much of a difference, seeing I've never actually heard of it until this thread.

And the 360's RROD rate is under 16% now...

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's an interesting article

QUOTE said:
An Xbot’s take on why the time is now right for Xbox 360 gamers to seriously consider getting rid of their 360’s and purchasing a PS3

Before beginning this article I would like to make it clear that I’m a confessed Xbot. Even after churning through 3 separate Xbox 360’s due to hardware failure, I have remained loyal to Microsoft and believe that Xbox Live is an amazingly fun service, even worth paying for.

BUT do I really? What has kept me coming back again and again when a normal gamer would have spat the dummy and gotten rid of the Xbox 360 years ago? Why is now the right time to finally break away from Microsoft?

The following reasons are what I believe to be the most compelling as to why my fellow hardcore Xbots should seriously consider taking the plunge and moving over to the PS3.

The Play Station Network
Now I hear what you guys are saying, nothing beats Xbox lives usability, social aspects and servers, but PSN has come a long way over the last year or so. The Servers (due to less traffic) experience a lot less lag than what we have all become accustomed to on Live. The PSN interface thanks to 2.40 update will encompass almost all the functionality that Xbots are familiar with, including fast access to friends and game invitations, and it’s FREE!

The Price
In most countries you can now pick up a PS3 for roughly the same price as we paid for our Xbox 360’s at launch. Currently in Australia you can get the MGS4 pack for a little over $650. While the price may have seemed crazy at the beginning, the PS3 is now quite reasonably priced considering it comes standard with WiFi and a 40gb hard disk which can be easily and cheaply upgraded to any 2.5” laptop hard disk.

Blu-Ray
Who knows when Microsoft will add an external Blu-ray player to the Xbox 360? In fact, I don’t even know what to do with my HD DVD external drive! But the point is that sooner or later we will be adapting to Blu-ray technology so why not pick up a console that comes standard with it? Moreover, whilst we may see a Blu Ray option for the Xbox 360, we will never see large games such as Metal Gear Solid 4 released on Blu Ray discs for the Xbox. And who wants to watch a Blu Ray movie with the noise which is the Xbox 360 drowning out the soundtrack?

Open peripherals
As mentioned earlier, the ability to upgrade your PS3’s internal hard drive with any 2.5” SATA drive (basically any laptop hard drive), is indicative of Sony’s open policy to 3rd party accessories. It seems weird that an evil corporation such as Sony would allow this, but I for one won’t complain. The PS3 will connect with any Bluetooth device, so I can use my Bluetooth headset with my phone, my Mac and my PS3. The same is true with webcams. Pretty much any USB webcam will connect with the PS3 and allow for group video chats and in game video support.

Media centre support
As the only console to fully support DivX codecs, as well as a whole range of audio, image and video files, the PS3 combines its Blu Ray player to stand out as a great media centre for your lounge room. And with the impending release of PlayTV, the twin HD television tuner, we can soon record our favourite free-to-air shows and then store them on our internal drive or any USB drive we connect to the console.

RRoD
The PS3 doesn’t suffer the hardware issues the 360 does. Nuff said!

Trophies
Who needs Achievements? I for one do. But with the release of the trophy system on PSN, we Xbots will now be able to enjoy the satisfaction of getting trophies for our efforts.

The fact is that there are only two reasons for most of us to stick with the Xbox 360. One being that we have a regular groups of friends that we play with each night and the other, more importantly, our gamer scores. This reason above all else is probably what keeps us hooked. All those hours spent slogging through single player campaigns or online co-op has a numerical representation that we feel would be difficult to let go of.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s time to make the switch to the PS3?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:

There was nothing in that article we don't already know. If my 360 died today, I would still go out and get a new one instead of a PS3. End of discussion
ph34r.gif

Jota.Ce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, fanboyism is the sh*t!

I've got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I bought it for the games, not the multimedia mumbo-jumbo.

Oh, and for those who keep complaining about not beeing able to save movies on the 360, buy/build a NAS server...

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jota.Ce said:
Meh, fanboyism is the sh*t!

I've got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I bought it for the games, not the multimedia mumbo-jumbo.

Oh, and for those who keep complaining about not beeing able to save movies on the 360, buy/build a NAS server...

or just put 'em on your PS3
tongue.gif
hehe

they're both good systems. but there's no way the 360 is "better". someone can like it better, due to personal taste/preference. but as far as what it can do it's not better, technically speaking.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jota.Ce said:
Bob Loblaw said:
or just put 'em on your PS3
tongue.gif
hehe

True, but with a NAS all of your pcs/consoles can acess the files
tongue.gif

And it's easy to stream content to the 360 using a PC.

yeah i actually stream most stuff to my ps3 from my pc without putting the movie onto it's hdd. i onyl put a couple things on here because when it comes to high def stuff fast forwarding through a local network is tough because even at normal play you're looking at 24mbps sometimes. so fast forwarding is way too much data for it to handle over a wireless connection.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When someone believes one is better than another, just let them believe that way.

If you say you disagree, fanboys explode and go into preaching mode; how his/her console is superior than others in what ways blah blah blah.

They like using stuffs like
"this is a fact" - s/he thinks whatever s/he says is a fact, and whatever you say is utter garbage. And I have yet to see a single comment of a fanboy that's actually a fact.

"everybody knows this, unless you're other console's fanboy" - black or white. Well, fanboys use monochrome SD TVs and they pretend they have FHDTV anyway. No surprise about them labelling people black or white only.

"I have played other consoles and their games" - because fanboys can't respond to "if you haven't tried it, you can't say anything about it" in a logical manner, they lie about owning consoles they're bashing. And yet they fail to provide a photo, PSN ID/gamertag, answer a simple question like "There's a filter on/off in the option menu. What exactly is it called?"

Lies are so easy to catch though. Like how someone who claims he owns the console and the game could turn off flicker filter while using HD setting when the option isn't even there unless you use 480i, and 480i only.

"I turned it off and it does nothing/very little" is an anagram of "Oh freaking hell I don't have the console neither the game so I'm gonna make up lies"

Edit: For video streaming, when I skip ahead like the first two minutes playback gets horribly messed up. I just put my video onto an external storage and hook up via USB instead of copying it onto console's HDD. Both PS3 and 360 can play videos from external storage without a speed proble.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
yeah i actually stream most stuff to my ps3 from my pc without putting the movie onto it's hdd. i onyl put a couple things on here because when it comes to high def stuff fast forwarding through a local network is tough because even at normal play you're looking at 24mbps sometimes. so fast forwarding is way too much data for it to handle over a wireless connection.

I have a wired connection so I stream alot of stuff including HD content. Thats y I havent bothered getting an external drive for my 360.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bob Loblaw said:
Here's an interesting article for people that think the PS3 lacks good games. It uses a game rating of over 80 as good and under 60 as bad. And shows what console has the most games GOOD games. (PS3) and what console has the MOST games (360). But quality or quantity, what's better?

QUOTE said:
Since its release in 2005, there have been some 374 games released for the XBox 360. Of the 374, 92 titles have received a ‘good’ rating(an average ranking of 80% or higher, as per GameRankings). 86 have received ‘poor’ ratings(an average of lower than 60%). That means about 26% of the games for the 360 are ‘good’, and about 24% are considered trash. The PS3 has seen 122 games released, with 40(33%) good games and 20(17%) poor games(ironic considering the most common argument against the PS3 is a lack of good games).
wicrapsoftwarechart.jpg

Source: http://gamefunk.net/?p=57/

I would never listn to such statistics.

for my gaming likes both the 360 and the PS3 are worse than the Wii even thaught i am not that happy with the Wii ...

I could never give a game like Metal Gear Solid a good rating even if it would be best game on the world ... i hate games like this for me it would be fail, not even a need to try
sleep.gif

even thaught i played Gears of War for 360 ... was ok but not in any mean a game i could play long time.

when i go on those game sites many games i would myself rate as bad are rated as top of the tops and such.
i rarely agree to the opinions of the game tester.

P.S. I believe the PS3 really is the better system, but only because the 360 is rarely playable ... 90% of the time its broken and microsucks doesnt do a thing about it

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just don't like having to hook up an external drive everytime i want to watch something.
that's pretty crazy. with the ps3 i can copy the files over my local network to it.
before i had a ps3 i would use my 360 to watch hd wmvs off a flashdrive and it works allright but that's about the extent of it. it can't even play mpeg4 unless the audio is aac 2 channel.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
754boy said:
Bob Loblaw said:

There was nothing in that article we don't already know. If my 360 died today, I would still go out and get a new one instead of a PS3. End of discussion
ph34r.gif

And you'd have to keep buying them :cough 3rlod :cough:
meh fanboyism....also there wasn't really anything interesting in that article.

If my 360 died I would just get another one.

and you'd have a 360 :cough: nbc :cough:

PS:Seriously stop showing us shitty articles or graphs bashing the 360.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just replying to the OP's absurd topic. His arguement is ridiculous. I'm guessing he's never even watched anything in HD by the way he bashes blu-ray/HD altogether.
Not to mention the 360 has 0 exclusives since M$ ports them all to PC. Dead rising and Halo 3 are the only 2 I can think of. And out of those only dead rising is actually really good. (one of my favs)
It's like comparing a nice toyota to a ferrari. they're both good but the ferrari has the real power.

Also, for anyone who thinks I'm a fanboy, I own both a 360 and a PS3. So, if anyone can judge them fairly it's me. I've owned the 360 longer and it's died on me once. The PS3 just blows it away but I still play my 360 everyday. I'm currently working on Alone in the Dark which is good but the controls and camera are terrible.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh how I hate fanboyism. Now, I've been a game player since as far as I can remember, and now I have all consoles. To me, a game is game, dont matter what system you got it for, play it and have fun. You need some money so you can enjoy all 3, and the 2 best handhelds ever. Just go play it, and stop bickering on the internet about what system is better.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VVoltz™ said:
PS3 > Bacon
360 > Bacon

hell
Wii > Bacon

You sir, have committed an act of blatent blasphemy.

And the rest of you should be ashamed to call yourself gamers.
Call yourself consolers.
'Cause y'all aren't playing games.
You're playing consoles, instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr