Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to start a flame war but in reality the PS3 is a cheaper system than the 360 despite everyone saying it's more expensive

It's $400 and with that you get the ability to play blu ray and access the internet wirelessly

The 360 premium which gives you half the HD space is $350 but then you have to buy the wireless adapter for $100, so it's already $450
and on top of that if you want to watch HD movies it will only play HDDVD and that you have to buy separately as well for another $50.
so now you are up to $500.
That's if you went with a premium and not an Elite which would tack on another $100 putting you at $600

which is still $100 more than the PS3 60gb MGS4/dualshock3 controller bundle.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiress adaptor? you don't need that, the 360 controller in the xbox 360 premium is wireless.

and you won't need the hd dvd player as hd dvd has died. You have set bait for a flame war, well done.

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-x1_0_nt- said:
wiress adaptor? you don't need that, the 360 controller in the xbox 360 premium is wireless.

and you won't need the hd dvd player as hd dvd has died. You have set bait for a flame war, well done.

wireless adapter for the internet.

I'm not saying one system is better than the other, so no need for a flame war, I'm just saying price wise the PS3 hardware is cheaper because people keep saying it's more expensive. Just setting the record straight.

And yeah, jalaneme, it definitely would seem that way.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
-x1_0_nt- said:

Wireless adaptor as in WiFi adaptor, which is not needed either.
And yeah this is like the perfect set for a flame war, let's see how it ends.
Both companies must be losing money selling their consoles at these prices, a $50 difference is not really relevant IMHO, it's all about the games.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you don't need to use the wireless adaptor to get online. You can easily get a cheap wireless bridge or use ethernet. Don't try to take side for the ps3 by adding on useless figures.

My Calculatations

£200 - Xbox 360 Pro
£25 - HD-DVD player
£15 - Wireless Bridge (la fondera for example)
£40 - 360 Game
Total? £280.

£300 - PS3
£40 - PS3 Game

Total? £340.

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm saying for the 360 to have all the features as the PS3 it would be needed.

But yeah I don't use my 360 online so I didn't pay for one.

Can you use a generic adapter for wi-fi? I thought you had to use the xbox one?

also x1 o nt, I'm not "taking sides" - I'm stating facts about prices because people are misinformed to believe the PS3 is more expensive.

By your calculations you are saying the PS3 is $60us more expensive than it is in the U.S.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
Well I'm saying for the 360 to have all the features as the PS3 it would be needed.

But yeah I don't use my 360 online so I didn't pay for one.

Can you use a generic adapter for wi-fi? I thought you had to use the xbox one?

also x1 o nt, I'm not "taking sides" - I'm stating facts about prices because people are misinformed to believe the PS3 is more expensive.

nope you don't need to use the xbox wireless adapter. A ethernet based bridge is cheaper and does just the same.

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ItsMetaKnight said:
It's too expensive for what you get.

a wireless ready system + blu ray player + gaming machine is what you get. A standalone blu ray player is the same price. So, I'm not sure where your logic is coming from. But I can see this is going to shit real quick so maybe it should just be closed.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who needs that much of space on an HD?

I have a 20gb one on my 360, and it's filled for the 90% by demos (which I don't even play). If I need something from my PC, I can either stream it using the WMP connection or attach a USB pendrive to my 360.

And who needs HD movies support? We buy consoles to play GAMES, not movies
wink.gif

BTW, you could get a 360 Arcade (it does everything it should do... PLAY GAMES), which now retails at 219$ (or something like that) and you're set. Which costs A LOT less than 400$.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... thats the thing... a lot of people don't need wireless or blu-ray.

PS3 would be much more appreciated if wireless and blu-ray were optional, and they just used DVDDL.

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:

I have a 20gb one on my 360, and it's filled for the 90% by demos (which I don't even play). If I need something from my PC, I can either stream it using the WMP connection or attach a USB pendrive to my 360.

wink.gif

BTW, you could get a 360 Arcade (it does everything it should do... PLAY GAMES), which now retails at 219$ (or something like that) and you're set. Which costs A LOT less than 400$.

The arcade is $280 here in the U.S. and you wold still need to buy a HD which is $50 and a wireless adapter. Making it maybe $20 less than a PS3 if you bought a generic adapter like mentioned above.

But yeah like Linki said, if you don't have an HDTV and aren't going to play blu ray I would do that arcade deal with the 360.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
raulpica said:

wink.gif

The arcade is $280 here in the U.S. and you wold still need to buy a HD which is $50 and a wireless adapter. Making it maybe $20 less than a PS3 if you bought a generic adapter like mentioned above.

But yeah like Linki said, if you don't have an HDTV and aren't going to play blu ray I would do that arcade deal with the 360.

Here we go again....

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
raulpica said:

wink.gif

Why do you need an HD for the Arcade? It comes with a memory card for game saves.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
it's funny that -x1_0_nt- left out the wireless battery pack, the hard drive, paying for a elite system with in built hdmi, paying for live think it is £60 a year, it adds up, really -x1_0_nt-, hiding the fact that the 360 cost much more to be in league with the ps3 is pafectic lol

edit: and who pays £40 for a ps3 or 360 game? i sure don't...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bob Loblaw said:
raulpica said:

wink.gif

The Arcade comes with a 256mb Memory Unit
smile.gif

Who needs a wireless adapter
tongue.gif
Good ol' Ethernet cable is enough
wink.gif
If you REALLY need wireless, then just get one of the $20 solutions, as you said
wink.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
Bob Loblaw said:
raulpica said:

wink.gif

Why do you need an HD for the Arcade? It comes with a memory card for game saves.
But it does not include an HD. What if you wanted to play media from it or store some demos?

Wait, why is it called the "arcade" when you can't download any XBLA games to it?

Bob Loblaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I wasn't sure if it did or not, or if the memory card is really enough space? I don't know I have 20gb HDD for my 360 and I've used like maybe 1gb of it for game saves so yeah I guess you won't need it It's just that the point of my original post was that in order to have the systems capable of the same things (having a HDD, etc..) it would cost more for a 360.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
it's funny that -x1_0_nt- left out the wireless battery pack, the hard drive, paying for a elite system with in built hdmi, paying for live think it is £60 a year, it adds up, really -x1_0_nt-, hiding the fact that the 360 cost much more to be in league with the ps3 is phafectic lol

why do you need a wireless battery pack? and i left out the hard drive because the xbox 360 pro comes with a 20GB one. and what about the elite? my list was a basic one which targets what people would get and what the ps3 has, the 360 can get and still be inepensive. it clearly shows the ps3 is expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...