MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Download link on the description.​

I don't know you guys but it looks real to me. I have downloaded it and ran the .exe file but it says it need a password to extract the files. The wierd thing is that this is the only link I can find and I've never heard of it. I send him a message about the password. He has other videos running Dolphin and the file is in MF so I think hes not a troll or scam. What you guys think?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't make much sense to make a download, and require a password. Plus if it was real I'm sure all the PS3 news sites would be all over it.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Downloads that need a survey are ones to avoid, they're almost always fake.

So what they do nowadays is make the download need a password and then tell you to go to the survey/ad site to get the password...

So they get money off of your wasted time.

See a survey or password required from a youtube download? Drop the idea and flag the video, it's fake.

Reactions: 1 person

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

So what they do nowadays is make the download need a password and then tell you to go to the survey/ad site to get the password...

See a survey or password required from a youtube download? Drop the idea and flag the video, it's fake.
Yeah but the second one I posted its not fake. Its on Google Code, I downloaded it and ran it and worked. But as they say it only run PS3 homebrew for the moment.

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so then you go get a rar/zip password remover And pimp slap them scamers ;-)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

so then you go get a rar/zip password remover And pimp slap them scamers ;-)
Except that modern incarnations of those formats have fixed the holes used and the files are now encrypted (so simply running a program to remove the password will not work), and even after that the files are never what they claim to be, they just shove old versions in or random shit so there's actual files in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?