gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
PC have these things called.... auto settings, which exist for most AAA games. They work pretty well.... lol.

Plus, "configurations" take literally 1-2 mins, while "upgrades" are not needed frequently at all, and they're easy to assemble either way.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pc has better graphics, free online,
May I have some of what you're smoking? You CAN'T have both better graphics AND be cheaper. A good video card BY ITSELF costs ~$500. How much was a PS4 again?

Free online? How so? No matter what, you're paying an ISP. Some games don't charge EXTRA (subscription of some sort) to play the game online, but some games do. There is no difference here whatsoever between PC and PS4. Perhaps in quantity, but that's not what was said.

Your other points are valid though. I use my PC far more than my PS4.

>exclusives

Name 2.
pssst... http://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

Last edited by urherenow,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I have some of what you're smoking? You CAN'T have both better graphics AND be cheaper. A good video card BY ITSELF costs ~$500. How much was a PS4 again?

Free online? How so? No matter what, you're paying an ISP. Some games don't charge EXTRA (subscription of some sort) to play the game online, but some games do. There is no difference here whatsoever between PC and PS4. Perhaps in quantity, but that's not what was said.

Your other points are valid though. I use my PC far more than my PS4.

pssst... http://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4
>No matter what, you're paying an ISP
same on ps4

>Some games don't charge EXTRA (subscription of some sort) to play the game online, but some games do

all do on ps4

>. A good video card BY ITSELF costs ~$500

i have a pc that all together cost 400 dollars, it runs overwatch better than my ps4. Problem?

>pssst... http://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

sorry, couldn't hear you over thousands more exclusives plus indie games plus emulators.

Reactions: antiNT

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC is better overall, though costly. Yes you can pirate games, but chances are you won't be able to play them online. Saying PC games are cheaper is a bit of a invalid argument as most AAA titles that you really want to play will be bought at release day or 1-2 days afterwards after reviews hit, and they are the same price everywhere. That being said, with humble bundle and steam sales, those random little indie or older games that you had even a slight amount of interest in you can buy easily. However chances are you won't touch them or play them for long, so they're just stuck in your library (have about 350 untouched games myself).

PS4 is worth buying if you're into its exclusives or action RPGs in general. Yes, PS4 games are coming to PS Now, meaning you can play them on your PC, however...
1. You don't know WHEN they'll be on PS Now, or even IF they'll be on it.
2. You'll be streaming the game. Controls will have a slight lag to them. Not too noticeable unless you play a lot of games that require pinpoint precision, notably rhythm games.

Personally i'd go for the PS4 as I don't really care to play RTS games, nor do I care to play it's exclusives or fully invest in a game that's been on sale as I'm the type of person who will buy a game he's interested in ASAP. It satisfies my gaming needs, if anything. Of course this is my opinion.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free to play != free online. PC has free to play games too, im talking about paid online play.
Umm... yes it does (if said free-to-play title requires you to be online to play it)? Star Trek Online is one. Plenty of games that don't require a plus subscription. NO free-to-play game requires payment to play online.

Edit: I should have said: "OBJECTION! Asked and answered!"
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/54gilf/do_free_to_play_games_require_a_playstation_plus/

again... use Google or something. And don't get me wrong... as I said before, my PC sees far more use than my PS4. It just gets on my nerves when people state falsehoods as fact.

Last edited by urherenow,

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
please dont fight in here...

about the graphics stuff...

My pc is bad.

it only has like 2gb of ram.

And thats the most it can run.

So for it to be able to play overwatch well,id pretty much need to replace the motherboard.

Sure,its expensive, but at least i wont have to pay yearly fees for something that costs the same (ps4)

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please dont fight in here...

about the graphics stuff...

My pc is bad.

it only has like 2gb of ram.

And thats the most it can run.

So for it to be able to play overwatch well,id pretty much need to replace the motherboard.

Sure,its expensive, but at least i wont have to pay yearly fees for something that costs the same (ps4)
What graphics card? 2gb of ram wouldn't be that hard to upgrade, if you have a half decent card then 8 or 4gb of ram is a sizeable upgrade.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Umm... yes it does (if said free-to-play title requires you to be online to play it)? Star Trek Online is one. Plenty of games that don't require a plus subscription. NO free-to-play game requires payment to play online.

Edit: I should have said: "OBJECTION! Asked and answered!"
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/54gilf/do_free_to_play_games_require_a_playstation_plus/

again... use Google or something. And don't get me wrong... as I said before, my PC sees far more use than my PS4. It just gets on my nerves when people state falsehoods as fact.
Wasn't aware of that, but also im talking about how you have to pay 60$ for a game (overwatch) and then more a month (ps+) just to play online, when the same deal is 40$ on pc :unsure:

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah they will if you compare a $400+ PS4 to a $350 PC.

PC all the way. Im happy I upgraded graphics card instead of buying a PS4 or Switch
Damn you for saying Switch :evil:

I can already see myself carrying a switch around a hell of a lot more than a laptop (which is... not often). If only I could get my hands on one... I will not pay ebay prices though.

Anyway, it's not even fair comparing a Switch with a PC or PS4. Not in the slightest.

Cleo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pc seems like and better option, it wont get outdated when it comes to games. As soon as Sony publishes a new console the ps4 will get outdated until they dont publish any games for it anymore.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really it comes down to how much you can spend. 250-300 on a used ps4, or more on a proper PC upgrade? I'm saving up for a nice 1200$ upgrade this fall. Already got my 2k 144hz monitors.

Even if you have a 4k HDR tv, you'd be able to hook up your PC to it...I think? anyone know if HDR ps4 games also support HDR on their PC counterparts?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reasons to get a PS4: basically a all in one pc meant for gaming and requires no upgrades.

Reasons to upgrade or build a new pc: ability to customize your case, a ability to go way over board with how much ram you want, GPU's don't need to be upgraded as long as it runs the games you want to play, ability to over clock that CPU and gpu, most pcs can run whatever OS you throw at it, supports multiple hdd/sdd/pcie based ssd, can run multiple graphics cards, piracy and emulation are easily to access.

Clearly pc is superior in most cases. But PS4 is optimized for gaming uses. Pc is basically a game station/work station all in one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?