Hacking Patched vWii ios80 with installer but trouble running wiiware off sd card

Petegamer331

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully patched my ios80 on 4.1.0U firmware with the patched ios80 installer from here http://gbatemp.net/threads/patched-ios80-installer-for-vwii-allows-sd-menu-custom-channels.344882/.

I thought this would allow me to just transfer wiiware wads onto my sd card from my pc but when I open up the sd card menu in vWii the wiiware games don't show up. Is there some special way I have to put the wiiware wads on my sd card?

I was however, able to successfully install the wiiware wads directly onto the wii with multimodmanager and then play them but I want to run the wads off an sd card because the vWii internal memory is still only 512mb.

Petegamer331

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried installing vWii sneek numerous times using the tutorial from the link you provided and could never get it to work and I followed the tutorial to the tee. That is why I sought out another method and came across the patched ios80 installer and it worked (at least for me, I don't know if the patched ios80 installer will work for everyone).

D

Deleted User

You're going about it all wrong.

That method requires installing the WADS to the NAND, then using system options to move them to SD - and then can run as a channel.

But if 512MB isn't big enough for you, you're in for a long...long....night. That's going to be painful moving everything 1x1

Highly suggest you get a USB stick, stick a copy of your NAND on that, and use ShowMiiWads to put them there. Then just point your favorite loader's NAND section to it and be on your way.

Petegamer331

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highly suggest you get a USB stick, stick a copy of your NAND on that, and use ShowMiiWads to put them there. Then just point your favorite loader's NAND section to it and be on your way.
Gunner007, I am guessing you are talking about the EMUNAND backup and I do remember you suggested putting my wiiware wads on my emunand and then running them through a loader in a previous post but I have not been able to get any wiiware games to work when putting them on the emunand with showmiiwads. I have made nand dumps with usb loader gx, wiiflow and fstoolbox and no matter which nand dump I extracted my wiiware wads to, I couldn't get the games to load. In wiiflow, my wiiware wads won't even show up in the emunand section. The games will show up in usb loader gx but they don't load and I made sure to point to the correct path for my emunand and set nand emulation to full.

D

Deleted User

Does it just freeze? In WiiFlow, you need to go into settings and change the NAND path to Drive\NANDFOLDER (w/e you call it), then go back into options and hit RELOAD CACHE to force it to update - you should then see your EMUNAND under the NAND options. You're using ShowMiiWads to install them to the emunand correct?

When I did it with WiiFlow, they run without issues, and require no patched IOS. Can you run Syscheck HDE? Also if you're using a USB stick, make sure it's in the top slot (when the unit is laying horizontal)

With that method, you don't need SNEEK or neek2o, make sure those options are off.

Also: might be a dumb question, but these are US WiiWare correct? That could be an issue too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool