Gaming Patch to make MH Tri online content available offline?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, think it would be possible to mod the game to get the online content available offline since the game servers will be closing by the end of the month?
Heres the thing, if its like most games alot of the online part of the game is actually on the server so if its shut down there is no data to get, what would need to be done is someone would have to find a way to dl all the info from there server and and then create a clone server that you would connect to to play the online part.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically you could connect to a custom run community server which somebody has already partially done with Tatsunoko vs Capcom and have it send data from there but you'd have to figure out a lot about how the server host works fast before it shuts down.

If anything it'd probably be easier/more practical to just do multiplayer from such a server but even that would be difficult to do and would require constant maintenance (community donations?).

SS4

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well i was just hoping that if some1 got the data from the servers they could just add in through some patch into the solo game. Most of it is already probably in there already so it could be possible to avoid Online altogether and still add the extra boss or weapons.
If we look at what some ppl do with homebrew games and wouldnt it be more like level editing like they did with the couple of modded NS Mario Bros and Kart games ? I know a private server would be an option but it involves lots of work afterwords. So editing the game itself was what i was thinking about.

Oh well, guess ill just have to get MH3U whenver i get a Wii U or 3DS down the road . . .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From a technical standpoint one could create a private server for Monster Hunter Tri if anyone bothered to collect and analyze packets when the game was still online. If not, the chances are pretty low without the game's source code.

Reactions: Maxternal

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
From a technical standpoint one could create a private server for Monster Hunter Tri if anyone bothered to collect and analyze packets when the game was still online. If not, the chances are pretty low without the game's source code.
It's now or never, I guess.

Anyone feel up to this?

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
The quests are all actually stored locally and you can mod the offline quests to swap in the online ones, though they will be horribly balanced for solo. Check out Minegarde, they probably have something.

SS4

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users