ROM Hack [Patch Released] Rosario+Vampire DS (Another) English Translation

AllHokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to buy a physical copy, but.... I myself prefer to have one, because 1. it doesn't feel right to download games for free, which should be paid for, and 2. I love the series, so I like to own it physically. It was quite cheap, too, and I got it as brand new.
And yeah, just buy an R4 (one, which works with the 3DS [2DS is the same hardware]), a compatible micro SD card (I'm guessing all micro SDs are, not sure), download the rom, the patch, a patcher, and patch it, and copy it to the SD card patchpatch.
I actually just yesterday ordered one, I simply googled "buy r4 nintendo ds", and the very first link (r4ds-ds) took me to a site where I could buy a R4i Gold 3DS card. I've actually got 3 copies of it already, but my friend wanted one, so I sold him it, and bought myself another one. But yeah, it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't guarantee you the site is trustworthy. Oh, and I remember getting my other 3 copies for a much cheaper price, and they came with a USB adapter for the micro SD cards, but it was some German site, and I don't remember it's name anymore.

Also... if you have friends to play DS with, buy 2 and try out the fan translated Blood Of Bahamut ...it's concept is quite simple, but I LOVE it, I'm having a blast every time I play it, and it has become one of my favorite DS games ever. It's much better with 2 or 3 people though.
And if you're okay with jump scares, try both Nanashi No Games, they're full of charm, just like BoB.

Thanks for the fast reply! Thought this forum was dead aha.

I plan on getting a copy of the game anyway, trying to get a sealed version so I can keep it as a collectors item. Also if you don't mind me asking, where did you get your game from? Cheapest I can find it for is $10 used and $60 sealed.

And thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out when I have the time :)

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for the fast reply! Thought this forum was dead aha.

I plan on getting a copy of the game anyway, trying to get a sealed version so I can keep it as a collectors item. Also if you don't mind me asking, where did you get your game from? Cheapest I can find it for is $10 used and $60 sealed.

And thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out when I have the time :)
Hmm.. I think I bought an used copy from ebay, but they sent me one that was sealed. I haven't thought about it before, but it could be possible they resealed it. Well, now that I look it again, the wrapping seems slightly unusual, but I'm fine with that, it looks good.

Reactions: AllHokage

AllHokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm.. I think I bought an used copy from ebay, but they sent me one that was sealed. I haven't thought about it before, but it could be possible they resealed it. Well, now that I look it again, the wrapping seems slightly unusual, but I'm fine with that, it looks good.

True, might as well just get a used one of ebay. Some DS games don't even come sealed anyway :P

Also do you know if anyone has made a PS2 Translation for rosario + vampire on ps2?

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
True, might as well just get a used one of ebay. Some DS games don't even come sealed anyway :P

Also do you know if anyone has made a PS2 Translation for rosario + vampire on ps2?
Nope, I don't think so. But I'm looking forward to that day for sure, I hope someone does it eventually.

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
One last thing, sorry :P

Is it possible to patch the physical copy of the game?
I think there might be a way to make make a cartridge which has any DS game in any form, and so that it'll play just that, but I don't think that's an easy thing to do at all. 1st google results gave me this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-you-make-a-blank-ds-cartridge.331120/
But yeah, I'm happy we can still at least play the games on the actual console with R4s, and not just on PC emulators. Only two of the games I've tried haven't worked, and those are the Quake 2 port, which needs some kind of a dual core R4 or something like that, and the translated Evangelion DS visual novel, which doesn't seem to work on R4i Gold for some reason, because it doesn't by pass the anti-piracy implemented in the game.

AllHokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think there might be a way to make make a cartridge which has any DS game in any form, and so that it'll play just that, but I don't think that's an easy thing to do at all. 1st google results gave me this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-you-make-a-blank-ds-cartridge.331120/
But yeah, I'm happy we can still at least play the games on the actual console with R4s, and not just on PC emulators. Only two of the games I've tried haven't worked, and those are the Quake 2 port, which needs some kind of a dual core R4 or something like that, and the translated Evangelion DS visual novel, which doesn't seem to work on R4i Gold for some reason, because it doesn't by pass the anti-piracy implemented in the game.

I ended up just getting the 'R4i sdhc 3ds rts', apparently it's the most compatible. I'll most likely end up buying a factory sealed copy of the game as a collectors item :D

Reactions: RikuKH

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i was in charge for a while in the translation of this game.
Till life got in the way.
I remember most of the editing prosses and i think i still have the tools. And a majority of the translation.
In the thread i was posting in all but the lager file (001) was translated. About 1/2
And a fair section was edited and proof read.
The user that made some a tool sent me a pm saying he was going to finnish it.
Ill have to check to see what he did with it.
Oh haha didnt realise this was his thread.
Well nice job then.
Did you re-do my translated grafics?

Last edited by leion8000,

EnderSoulFire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I downloaded Rosario vampire and the patch but I can't get it to work the patch won't install, no matter what I do I have all the files but Deltax won't install the patch, it keeps saying my files don't exist

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 41

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I downloaded Rosario vampire and the patch but I can't get it to work the patch won't install, no matter what I do I have all the files but Deltax won't install the patch, it keeps saying my files don't exist
Try putting the files on the desktop and patching it there, it's probably an issue with folder names

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try with xdelta ui, I just did it and it worked

Attachments

• xdeltaUI.rar
    118 KB · Views: 41

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: While the victims are being buried