Hacking PastaCFW and rxTools With n3DS 9.0 - DSiWare and GBA wont work.

pavachan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello all.

I am having a strange issue.
On a n3DS 9.0, I installed the gateway emunand, and updated it to 9.5. All works well, CIA's, etc.

Using Ninjahax, I used rxTools and later PastaCFW to get into sig-patched sysNand 9.0 and installed both GBA cia files and 1 DSiWare cia file using BigBlueMenu
Now, all of that works great on my o3DS, but for some reason, on this n3DS, the icon of Zelda 4 Swords DSiWare disappears from the home menu after installing the cia, and while the gba icons don't disappear, I can't launch any of them (An error has occurred, please hold the power button bla bla bla).

The icon disappears and the gba's wont launch both in rxTools / Pasta sysnand, and in rxTools emunand.
The CIA files are of course installed both in sysnand and emunand separately as I unlinked it.

If I boot into regular Gateway emunand, the Zelda DSiWare shows up, but I of course cant launch it.

Everything else works in both rxTools and PastaCFW. I can run normal unsigned installed CIAs, like BigBlueMenu, but it seems like AGB_Firm and TWL_Firm are not getting patched no matter which CFW I use.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also need agb patch installed with dev menu

Not anymore, that was a thing on the past now rxTools plays GBA & DSiware without having to install patched firms.

If I boot into regular Gateway emunand, the Zelda DSiWare shows up, but I of course cant launch it.

His problem is that DSiware can't be played in emunand no matter what CFW you use, only in sysnand while installed to NAND.

Also DSiware neither GBA can't be played in Gateway, only CFW.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Not anymore. That was a thing of the past.

His problem is that DSiware can't be played in emunand no matter what CFW you use, only in sysnand.

Also DSiware neither GBA can be played in Gateway, only CFW.

Really? I tried it on pasta and rx 3.0 sys and always needed it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
both of you are right, for now, RxTools patches on the fly the AGB and TWL firms on O3DS, but it doesn't work yet for N3DS,but we are working on it, so it should be supported on N3DS...sometime (can't really tell precisely, because we are working on multiple projects at the same time, some exciting stuff.)

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
both of you are right, for now, RxTools patches on the fly the AGB and TWL firms on O3DS, but it doesn't work yet for N3DS,but we are working on it, so it should be supported on N3DS...sometime (can't really tell precisely, because we are working on multiple projects at the same time, some exciting stuff.)

Thanks for the update and for all the hard work. Nice to know I'm not crazy or doing it wrong

Reactions: peteruk

pavachan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks ronhero, I will give it a go.

For the record, I wasn't trying to use gba or dsi games in gateway emunand. only in rx/pasta sysnand and rx emunand- basically all that worked for me on Old 3DS.

Thanks all :)

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks ronhero, I will give it a go.

For the record, I wasn't trying to use gba or dsi games in gateway emunand. only in rx/pasta sysnand and rx emunand- basically all that worked for me on Old 3DS.

Thanks all :)
I had exactly the same issue as you had; the icon disappeared. Eventually I found out it had to do with the region of the DSiWare.. I had the US version of this game, while I should have had the European version, the same as my New 3DS XL.

I installed the game using FBI (select NAND as target) in emunand and sysnand. My emunand and sysnand are unlinked but I can still boot Four Swords from emunand. When I would like to start it from sysnand, I first need to launch CFW like minipasta.

NOTE: I do have the patched AGB firmware installed (on both sysnand and emunand) for playing GBA games. I read this is also required for DSI-games but I'm not sure.

Last edited by Mr_Q,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...