Hacking Pasta CFW technical support thread

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps you are using the wrong region for the DLC and the game. The DLC has to have the same region as the game. Region Free patched games will not help with this.

This is the most plausible explanation because as you said, the CIA installed correctly and is in the storage management.

Serrenity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you are using the wrong region for the DLC and the game. The DLC has to have the same region as the game. Region Free patched games will not help with this.

This is the most plausible explanation because as you said, the CIA installed correctly and is in the storage management.

Yes.. I do have the same region of DLC and the game (JAP) Still, it doesn't work...

However, I can run this during GW mode... Idk why

nallar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having trouble installing a .cia for Senran Kagura Burst. Using either FBI or BigBlueMenu, it seems to install fine. However on the home menu it doesn't show up.

To make sure the CIA isn't the problem, I followed this guide to convert it from a .3ds, still doesn't work. Any ideas what else to check? Using EU region copy on JPN new 3ds, but with the region free patch that shouldn't be a problem?

edit: Nevermind, the new CIA made following the guide worked - showed up on home menu after turning it off and on. Guess the first one didn't show up due to not having a region free patch,

Last edited by nallar,

Bill Ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone get Firmlaunch to work? I've followed the steps but it still prompts me to update when I try to run Xenoblade.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 2DS running Pasta CFW, 9.0.0-20 U. I downloaded Pokemon Shuffle using the YGW eShop spoofer. It downloads and installs with no issues, but when I load the game, it hangs on the 3DS loading screen. I've tried running it on Pasta CFW, OFW, and reinstalling it. Everything still hangs. I don't want to get a .cia and have to run using Pasta every time... any ideas?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a 2DS running Pasta CFW, 9.0.0-20 U. I downloaded Pokemon Shuffle using the YGW eShop spoofer. It downloads and installs with no issues, but when I load the game, it hangs on the 3DS loading screen. I've tried running it on Pasta CFW, OFW, and reinstalling it. Everything still hangs. I don't want to get a .cia and have to run using Pasta every time... any ideas?
Sorry for inconvenience. Pasta is itself mostly abandoned. All stuff go to rxTools. BTW you may find @mid-kid about his 9.0-9,2 mset to see if any possibility for your problem.

HugoAndore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello help with this

N3DS: 9.0.0-2U, cubic ninja
I added the title file Nintendo 3ds folder's last id folder and then went to data management software. Did reset, still get this error when trying to install a CIA file. In this case bigbluebox, any help thanks. Did the reset twice, but still can't install.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 188

Scarsquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would somebody mind giving a detailed text description on how to get Pasta CFW's most recent version set up and have it run Pokemon Emerald?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is something like Palatine's on O3DS some months ago right? Only <4.5 games suport.
I've seen some guys asking for supporting similar features on pasta.
So they could decrypt games or other things..
And those playing FireEmblem If found out it was possible for them to play/pirate it in pasta (orz)
Yehh.. and free multi patcher, quite promising.
Hope N3DS Firm got analysis and any other CFW would replace it soon.
So it could finally get closed or merged..

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
Yoh'. So, just a quick forward of "I'm not stupid, just stressed, over worked, and scatter-brained". k? k.

Here's the deal. I have a N3DS, 9.0.0.20 FW. I'm running PastaCFW 1.3b7. I formatted my mSD card, got rid of my emuNAND, etc. Put all the files on the card. Good to go.

If I just load the CFW, it doesn't get ARM11 access. So I load brahma and install that exploit, then load PastaCFW. Until I did that I got errors trying to install cia files about some AM(?) process or something. Guy in second video didn't mention that and I had to find out via the "outdated" one above it, which I ignored the first few hours of working on this as its "outdated". Also that info isn't in the OP instructions anymore.

So I got that far. Installed some 3DS cia files. I used FBI to install BBM, FBI, and some other cia files. They work.
Installed some GBA games (the reason I deleted the precious emuNAND)... Black screen, then system reset. And yes, for the record, others have installed them without issue. They're also region-free.

I think there is an error in my process. I can't figure out where exactly I'm messing up, so input would be nice. Halp?

If I figure this out, I will write a succinct tutorial. Fo' realz.

Scratch that. I forgot to import the patch to allow you to play GBA games. Derp!
Also the current firmware (not beta)? Freakin' awesome. It works great, games are installing and running well, and my girlfriend is ultra jealous. It's like a utility-knife of retro gaming in my pocket.

Great work, great release.

Last edited by Wilhelm,

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an older version of Pasta, version 1.2.1, and I noticed something odd. I'm playing a CIA version of Kingdom Hearts - Dream Drop Distance, on a N3DS. However, upon opening my save file, it froze while checking for a Circle Pad Pro, and then after rebooting everything, it stated that it couldn't detect a Circle Pad Pro (It couldn't access the right analog nub, or the LZ/RZ buttons). Considering that I've played past Country of the Musketeers without any problems, I'm curious if older versions of Pasta could potentially cause issues on registering the extra buttons, or if it's just a crapshoot on all versions of KH:DDD.

I ended up rebooting entirely after it freezing, then rebooting just the game when it loaded without the additional controls. It still failed to register, and it took two more full system reboots before everything finally worked properly. Is this the game at fault, or are there potential issues with Pasta in this way and it was just consistent dumb luck that I got as far as I did without problems.

Also, I'm using such an old version of Pasta because 1: I like the theme used (although I like the new RxTools sci-fi theme an awful lot), 2: This is the first time I've had any problems, and I tend to not update stuff unless it fixes issues that I've specifically noticed or fixes major problems, and 3: I plan on just updating once EmuNAND on Rx+Pasta gets finished. (Hopefully before I visit family in August, so I can be safe against a family member trying to be 'helpful' and updating my firmware.)

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Pasta running on my 7.2.0-14U 2DS. I'm trying to update my sysNAND to 9.2 for some games, and the only way to do that is using the guide posted here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...rom-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187

I don't want to update the 2DS via cart to 9.2, I already set up the SD card in the 2DS with all of the necessary files.

If I use 1.2.1, it loads the UI and then hangs. If I try the beta (1.3 beta 7), it just sends me back to the home menu with an error and a reboot. Even using the Pasta configurator doesn't help. I'm using Cubic Ninja and Ninjhax 1.1 as an entry method. Can't figure out what's wrong, is Pasta CFW even supported on 7.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm