Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm getting a star wars 2000 psp and a 16gb memstick to go with it. Seeing as pandorasales is the #1 pandora battery place AND they sell memory sticks too, I was thinking of getting both my slim pandora battery and 16gb memstick there. However, I have a few questions, mainly these:

1. are pandorasales memsticks legit sony?
2. how fast does pandorasales stuff ship?

If they're legit and ship fast, I figure it would be worth the few extra bucks to get them fast (unless PS is waaaay overpriced for memsticks), both at the same time, and be sure they're good quality.

thanks.

EDIT: I'd probly be getting this bundle, BTW: http://www.pandorasales.com/slim-psp-pando...mory-sti16.html

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. The last place I bought a Pandora battery from was Deals Xtreme. Came in about a week, cost me about 9 dollars.

And the last place I bought a memory stick was walmart. 4 gig for about 20 dollars.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:
I don't know. The last place I bought a Pandora battery from was Deals Xtreme. Came in about a week, cost me about 9 dollars.

And the last place I bought a memory stick was walmart. 4 gig for about 20 dollars.

If that was a normal phat pandora, PS has em for less. But the slim batteries cost $11.

I checked walmart online. One super 16g was 67 bucks, the other was only a few less than PS's and out of stock onlne and in stores.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I truly don't know. My dad barely lets me buy anything online, especially if it's not in the U.S or the site looks shifty.

Like the fiasco I had when we tried to buy minecraft. He didn't trust it, and then he did it and the bank wouldn't let us buy and he yelled at me for it, telling me that they could steal our money, no matter how many times I told him they can't.

I was lucky to even get my new Flashcart. I even showed him the cheaper price for it, but since it's wasn't in the U.S, we went with the other, 8 dollar one.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I bought a Pandora Battery from there, worked real nice...If the memory sticks are real though, they are still over priced if you consider how much you can get a legit one off of amazon.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'll try AZ.

BTW, does brand for memstick matter much? Lexar always seems cheap as shit. And if I do get a sony/sandisk/lexar online how can I really tell if it's legit?

I know other brands can't be magic memsticks but I'm probably just going to make a memstick out of a smaller sony card bundled with whatever used starwars/daxter PSP I end up buying.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Oh, I'll try AZ.

BTW, does brand for memstick matter much? Lexar always seems cheap as shit. And if I do get a sony/sandisk/lexar online how can I really tell if it's legit?

I know other brands can't be magic memsticks but I'm probably just going to make a memstick out of a smaller sony card bundled with whatever used starwars/daxter PSP I end up buying.
I would just make sure that they are legit and that they have Magicgate on them.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I normally buy my flash memory from newegg.com, you can be sure it is not fake from them.

And I highly recommend getting this pandora battery: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/pandora-servi...0-1800mah-22349

Better build quality than the TOOL one I had (randomly quit working on me), and works like a normal battery as well (nice if you are going on a trip).
There isn't any point getting a psp 2000 size pandora battery, since the psp 1000 version will work for both. (whereas the psp 2000 one will only fit in a psp 2000).

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
I normally buy my flash memory from newegg.com, you can be sure it is not fake from them.

And I highly recommend getting this pandora battery: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/pandora-servi...0-1800mah-22349

Better build quality than the TOOL one I had (randomly quit working on me), and works like a normal battery as well (nice if you are going on a trip).
There isn't any point getting a psp 2000 size pandora battery, since the psp 1000 version will work for both. (whereas the psp 2000 one will only fit in a psp 2000).

Ah, OK. Would I be able to/have to hold that in without having to buy an extra battery cover? (don't want it to slip out while hacking and get bricked.)

also, which of these would be better? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...1-422-_-Product It's sandisk, a little more but seemingly not mark2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...1-273-_-Product (lexar, mark2 a little less - can you trust lexar?)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The Fat battery will not fit in a slim wwithout an extra cover... but it's okay if it slips out and your PSP bricks because you can just pop the pandora back in again and start over.
tongue.gif
Pandora works even if the PSP is bricked, it's a recovery tool.

The Lexar looks fine.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't even need to hold the fat battery, it'll stay in place long as you don't move with fierce (on a slim psp). also, i tried LEXAR, Sans Disk and Sony branded MS, all 8 gigs before. Sony was the fasted in Write SPeed while Lexar being the slowest. Performance on PSP wise, all the same

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
You don't even need to hold the fat battery, it'll stay in place long as you don't move with fierce (on a slim psp). also, i tried LEXAR, Sans Disk and Sony branded MS, all 8 gigs before. Sony was the fasted in Write SPeed while Lexar being the slowest. Performance on PSP wise, all the same

Ah, OK. Write speed shouldn't matter too much. I can wait a few more seconds to get my ISOs on my stick on the computer end, and the only things I can think of that the PSP would write to the card is game saves, emulator savestates and snapshots.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
djricekcn said:

Ah, OK. Write speed shouldn't matter too much. I can wait a few more seconds to get my ISOs on my stick on the computer end, and the only things I can think of that the PSP would write to the card is game saves, emulator savestates and snapshots.

it was more than a few seconds. i don't remember exact but at least "feeling" wise, lets say something that takes 1 minute on Sony brand took about 1.6-2.0minutes on Lexar. Read speed, at least in terms of PSP game playing and homebrew, I didn't really see a difference.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I finally got my star wars 2001 PSP. Ran me about $130, including the thing itself with standard battery and charger, a 2gig sony stick (for MMSing) 5 games (I'll probably resell all of them, maybe keep one), a really nice carrying case for everything and a slip case for the console, and this...PSP FM radio thing he threw in after I won. Don't really care bout that, but hey, it's not costing extra, why not?

Read's all that really matters, but since the lexar is a mark2 and the sandisk isn't, I don't think the sandisk would be faster
tongue.gif

Memcard from newegg is gonna be my next buy, then, for sure. And I'll go with muddaload's pandora place.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about speed, just get a fake memory card if genuinity isn't an issue for you. for most cases, fake memory card can read perfectly fine, only thing is writing will most likely be slow (meaning PC to MS stick transfer).

Also, in my experience, it's hard to lose data even with a fake brand MS stick. Just make sure you get the size you want, not those that writes it to think it's 8gb when it's really 256mb (for example)

oh, and anything hacking, like Magic Memory Stick / Firmware updates, use MS with MagicGate: Enabled (meaning Lexar, Sans Disk or Sony official)

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I know some people don't have issues with fakes but me and everybody I know personally HAVE. ALWAYS.

Everytime I tried to warm somebody not to buy a fake card, they saw soon the issues arrived unannounced.

Do yourself a favor, pay the extra 5 bucks for the real card. Fake cards result in data corruption and SHITTY read write times...

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
I know some people don't have issues with fakes but me and everybody I know personally HAVE. ALWAYS.

Everytime I tried to warm somebody not to buy a fake card, they saw soon the issues arrived unannounced.

Do yourself a favor, pay the extra 5 bucks for the real card. Fake cards result in data corruption and SHITTY read write times...

Believe me, I am avoiding fakes at all costs.

I hope muddaload is right and newegg doesn't have fake cards...otherwise I'll have to look elsewhere.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, New Egg is a legit company and don't sell fakes. If you do happen to get one, since it does happen on occasions even on Amazon, they will replace it for free at no extra cost. I also live 5 miles away form their HQ so if you want me to bomb them, let me know =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night