Pandora/MMS guide for installing CFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ProtoKun7, Jan 28, 2010.

Jan 28, 2010
  1. Reecey

Member Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

United Kingdom
    Do I just grab the 6.60 Pro update and go ahead and up date from Prome -4 or do I have to update to system 6.00 and then run the 6.60 pro update? I'm not sure as I have always done the updates the Pandora way never needed to update to system update and then too a CFW update :yaypsp:

Seems I have to update to system 6.00 and then run the 6.60 CFW and Im not sure if I want to do that I think I will stick with 5.50 Prome -4 I don't think there is any difference really between the two Googling it up.

2. flashmanx

Newcomer flashmanx Advanced Member

United States
    ok All the trouble I have been having wit my psp I think its better just to start from scratch. while I can still play it I'm going to wait till I fin ff2 to do any of this incase something happens to my save file. So after I beat it I was told to try and format the memory stick reinstall 6.60 me. If that doesn't work I happen to have both an spare battery and mem stick. So I thought if I followed this guys guide I can make my own pandora battery and stick.

if I do this once it is done can I just go ahead and update straight back to 5.50 prom or 6.60 me or is there another step I have to complete?
    please and thanks.

3. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    what problems are you having, and do you have any plugins enabled?
    Also, yes, I would probably finish that game first.

4. flashmanx

United States
    I've had 6.60 pro c for about a year and no problems till I suddenly nothing works. I'm on 6.60 me I tried to make it permanent but it doesn't seem to take. So everytime I start I have to run the update. Then the isos show and load. but all ps1 games go straight to exit/restart game menu. The snes and sega and gba load straight to a exit option. The home button is now the brightness button. Holding r on start up doesn't bring up the recovery menu. In order to bring up recovery menu I have to run the 6.60me update twice I can't bring up the vsh menu. When I load a physical copy of a umd game no button on the entire thing work. the plugins popsloader and hide the ver 3.73 update
    my psp
    phat 1001

Last edited by flashmanx, Dec 11, 2016
  5. flashmanx

United States
    i just fin ff2 but not the extra content. I copied the save data and formatted restored to default reinstalled 6.60. didn't work but the save file does.
    I'm going to have to follow that video. The weird thing about the battery that came with the PSP I intend to make into a Pandora no longer fits my PSP. I had to tape it to charge it. The battery I normally use is a Skinner 3rd party battery.

psss-----------------------------------------------------

IT WORKED
    I'm running 5.50 prom 4

Last edited by flashmanx, Dec 12, 2016
    slaphappygamer likes this.