Hacking Pandora/MMS guide for installing CFW

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
If ur using Pandora then yeah it will be 5.50 Prome.......6.60 Pro CFW is by another modder who updated for the latest features

Either way u R good to upgrade to 6.60 Pro :yaypsp:

Do I just grab the 6.60 Pro update and go ahead and up date from Prome -4 or do I have to update to system 6.00 and then run the 6.60 pro update? I'm not sure as I have always done the updates the Pandora way never needed to update to system update and then too a CFW update :yaypsp:

Seems I have to update to system 6.00 and then run the 6.60 CFW and Im not sure if I want to do that I think I will stick with 5.50 Prome -4 I don't think there is any difference really between the two Googling it up.

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok All the trouble I have been having wit my psp I think its better just to start from scratch. while I can still play it I'm going to wait till I fin ff2 to do any of this incase something happens to my save file. So after I beat it I was told to try and format the memory stick reinstall 6.60 me. If that doesn't work I happen to have both an spare battery and mem stick. So I thought if I followed this guys guide I can make my own pandora battery and stick.

if I do this once it is done can I just go ahead and update straight back to 5.50 prom or 6.60 me or is there another step I have to complete?
please and thanks.

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had 6.60 pro c for about a year and no problems till I suddenly nothing works. I'm on 6.60 me I tried to make it permanent but it doesn't seem to take. So everytime I start I have to run the update. Then the isos show and load. but all ps1 games go straight to exit/restart game menu. The snes and sega and gba load straight to a exit option. The home button is now the brightness button. Holding r on start up doesn't bring up the recovery menu. In order to bring up recovery menu I have to run the 6.60me update twice I can't bring up the vsh menu. When I load a physical copy of a umd game no button on the entire thing work. the plugins popsloader and hide the ver 3.73 update
my psp
phat 1001

Last edited by flashmanx,

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just fin ff2 but not the extra content. I copied the save data and formatted restored to default reinstalled 6.60. didn't work but the save file does.
I'm going to have to follow that video. The weird thing about the battery that came with the PSP I intend to make into a Pandora no longer fits my PSP. I had to tape it to charge it. The battery I normally use is a Skinner 3rd party battery.

psss-----------------------------------------------------

IT WORKED
I'm running 5.50 prom 4

Last edited by flashmanx,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

ParzivalWolfram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My battery is a weird offbrand one... anyone know which pin it is on this one? (attachef pic is my batt)

Attachments

• 20180607_170703_HDR.jpg
    20180607_170703_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 201

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My battery is a weird offbrand one... anyone know which pin it is on this one? (attachef pic is my batt)
There probably isn't one, as the controller appears to have a built-in eeprom (if it even has one at all, instead of just returning fake fixed data)... what's written on the largest chip?

ParzivalWolfram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There probably isn't one, as the controller appears to have a built-in eeprom (if it even has one at all, instead of just returning fake fixed data)... what's written on the largest chip?
At the time I didn't know I was on 6.60, which is moddable without much hassle. I'm gonna try to flash it and see what happens. The large chip has "9202 745P1" on it. That's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over