Hacking Pandora/MMS guide for installing CFW

glitcherpwnsall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I opened up my PSP phat's battery and it is different to all the pictures

The visible hardware is on the top, like the battery of psp 2000 but the layout is different
The sides are metal but one of them has a foamy type bit on it.

What should I do?
Can I make it pandora?
Do you want photos?

glitcherpwnsall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
glitcherpwnsall said:
Do you want photos?
Yes please.

I'd say wait until we're able to confirm whether it's possible or not; is it official?

Well I believe so, I bought it off my friend and it looked like a legit battery and my friend doesn't normally go poking around down there.
I'll get some photos now for you.

EDIT: If it makes a difference I have the UK psp (as i live in UK)
EDIT: O.K I have the pics, how do I make it so you can see it? In other forums they have 'Attach a file' but that doesn't seem to be here. What should I do?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can upload the images here, then you'll be given a few tags after you upload. Use the one that is listed BBCode Tag: (or alternatively BBCode Tag with thumbnail:).

Code:
[img]Image link here[/img]

glitcherpwnsall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok
DSCF1344.JPG

DSCF1345.JPG

DSCF1346.JPG

DSCF1347.JPG

DSCF1348.JPG

DSCF1349.JPG

DSCF1350.JPG

DSCF1351.JPG

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uh...yeah, don't do anything with that one.
mellow.gif

You can get batteries, both pandora and regular, from places like DealExtreme.

*ducks behind lead shield*

Leeness

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm also having the IPL problem. It says there is no room for the IPL, so the memory stick can't work with my pandora battery.

My memory stick is a brand new 8gig ~official~ Sony memory stick. I know you recommended to the other guy with this problem to get a new MS, but...mine is brand new. =/

I know it says on the thread that it needs to be smaller than 4gig (I got mine before I read that...), but my friend has everything working with an 8gig one, so...

Thanks for any help!

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you say they have everything working with one, do you mean when installing or rather working on custom firmware that's already been installed? I think you might mean the latter, and if so, that's normal; once CFW is installed you can use any size MS.

Leeness

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh...that might be it. I thought he'd made an MMS, but maybe not...

So for the MMS, you very specifically need between 64mb and 4gigs? I guess I'll have to do that. Man, more money I don't have, haha.

Just related questions. Would a 4gig one work, or should I just get a 2gig to be safe? And, just out of curiousity, is there a reason it needs to be that specific size?

Thank you very much for the help.
smile.gif
I've been trying everything to unbrick my PSP, so this is, hopefully, the ~final~ piece of the puzzle, haha.

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, I'm not sure why it would have to be 4GB or under, but when I was writing the guide, I think that was the information I had to hand and I had no reason not to use it. It's possible that that might be outdated, and if so I'll remove it. Maybe if you keep trying with your 8GB card and it works, let us know.

It's better to have a card that's actually bigger than 64MB due to the NAND backup, which is recommended, as that takes up 66MB.

Leeness

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, at the moment it doesn't work with my 8, so... haha.

I'll pick up a 2gig or something in the next few days.

Thanks for all the info.
smile.gif

EDIT: So I picked up a 2gig and it doesn't say that it can't hold the ILP, so yeah, it has to be 4gig or smaller.
smile.gif

However, I'm still not sure if it finished? I don't get that error message, but my Pandora battery still isn't doing anything, so I'm wondering if the MMS actually worked.

It gets to this:

30jtnvc.jpg

and then it just sits there. Is that the end? Or is it supposed to say "Completed!" or anything?

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, sorry, I didn't notice your edit until I looked just now (edits to a post aren't notified as new).

It's been a long time (just under a year, actually) since I CFW'd my PSP for the first time, so I don't remember if I saw a "Completed" message or not. If you're certain it has finished file operations, then by all means try using the stick and see if it will work. I'd say that it wouldn't be a problem if it didn't work, especially as you have a pandora battery if anything serious goes wrong (which I don't expect).

So yeah, try it and post the results, if you haven't already.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Once installed you can reformat the stick.

Okay, thank you!

QUOTE(Jolan @ Dec 14 2010, 06:27 AM) There's a "Clean Pandora Stick" option in PSP Grader if you fail to realize you can format it yourself.

Well, I wouldn't know since I found my PSP with firmware 5.03. :b

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, following your instructions, the installation of the CFW step has changed (yes, I used the files you linked).

You no longer press Square to do a NAND backup, instead you choose "NAND Operations" from the main menu and choose "Dump NAND".

Also, the installer will get you straight to 5.00 M33-4, (not a 3.80 CFW).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: