Hacking Pal Park without GBA slot

SergioUnoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, is it possible to use Pokemon Platinum's Pal Park in my R4 by loading a GBA save file, or something like that?

I'm aware of a method with the Desmume emulator, in which you import the backup file from the GBA rom, and then selecting the Migrate option in the start screen. Can I do something like that with my R4, which I use in mi 3DS? I've heard of a software called PokePatch, but I think that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help.

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
I used to do it in my ds lite with a EZ 3in1 cart, I very much doubt you could anything like that on a 3DS but you could could use pkhax to edit save file and "make a copy" of them to your game.

SergioUnoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to do it in my ds lite with a EZ 3in1 cart, I very much doubt you could anything like that on a 3DS but you could could use pkhax to edit save file and "make a copy" of them to your game.

Yeah, I know I can transfer them with Pokesav, and other stuff. I've even done it with Desmume already, but what I wanted to know is if I can make my Platinum Rom think that I have a GBA cartridge insterted with a GBA save (like Desmume does) in order to use functions like Pal Park or make new Pokemon appear if you have certain cartridges inserted.

In other words, I wanted to know if I could use the GBA slot function from Desmume (the one in the image) in my R4, without having actually a physical GBA slot, but from what you say, I think there's no way.

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 430

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It isn't possible. To load a GBA game/save, it needs a GBA flashcart because the GBA Flashcart has the additional memory needed to load the game.

TL;DR, nope. Keep using DeSmuME

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically I suppose you could hack the game and have it load some kind of save from somewhere, it would be a pain though. And when the 3 in 1/pokepatch stuff, desmume or just plain hacking them in there via conventional save editing is a possibility then I don't imagine you will be seeing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1